PDA

View Full Version : Anybody find it odd that Sixpack would lock a thread mentioning Sevendust?

Coach34
04-30-2013, 10:13 PM
There were some legit questions asked about the famous 247 Sevendust- and suddenly they locked it. Normally the threads go on forever like that...wonder what the deal is when a possible catfishing is mentioned?

BeastMan
04-30-2013, 10:18 PM
Since the other guy mentioned it, I threw out some stuff I heard and it got locked. I thought that thread could have been a good one with a bunch of funny responses. I wondered why it was locked but I've never bitched about threads with all the baby sitting the mods have to do

Todd4State
04-30-2013, 10:45 PM
I seen that. Kind of weird.

MSUDawg4Life
04-30-2013, 10:47 PM
No. Not odd at all.

Par for the course these days.

It's kinda sad what that board has degenerated into.

Wade Garrett
04-30-2013, 11:08 PM
I seen that. Kind of weird.

I seen what you did there

Todd4State
04-30-2013, 11:14 PM
I'll say this- IF he is real, he is the kind of fan that could end up being a bag man for us. Not a booster, not an alumni, knows what's going on in the recruiting world for the most part, hangs out at football camps on his weekends. (who the hell does that that doesn't own a recruiting site or isn't a football coach or is a bagman?) Sounds a lot like eli4heisman. And heck, a FedEx truck would be the perfect cover for delivering stuff. If you know what I mean.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is a MSU website "character" made to get traffic and start discussion. He's never been on sixpack that I know of, and he is never on scout although he may have been banned.

M.Fillmore
04-30-2013, 11:31 PM
I walked from 6pack when HD declared criticism of OM as taboo.

So can someone tell me why 6pack holds sevendust as poison?

MSUDawg4Life
04-30-2013, 11:40 PM

Does it really matter?

If a MSU fan can't criticize or poke fun at OM on their board, do you really think they have rational and logical reasons for doing anything?

Seriously.

swdawg
04-30-2013, 11:49 PM
I don't remember HD6 declaring criticism of OM as taboo? When was that?

FlabLoser
05-01-2013, 12:41 AM
I just searched and the thread where HD6 lays down the hammer against Ole Miss bashing had been moved (not deleted) probably to a SPS admin forum.

Anyway, its true, anti-Ole Miss stuff over there gets locked. They have a Ole Miss rebel for a admin. What do you expect?

Todd4State
05-01-2013, 12:49 AM

It's not like that. Someone started a thread about the fake Ole Miss twitter stuff and asked if there was a MSU fan that was possibly a catfish. Someone said sevendust from 247 and the thread gets locked.

Todd4State
05-01-2013, 12:53 AM
I just searched and the thread where HD6 lays down the hammer against Ole Miss bashing had been moved (not deleted) probably to a SPS admin forum.

Anyway, its true, anti-Ole Miss stuff over there gets locked. They have a Ole Miss rebel for a admin. What do you expect?

Weird.

If that's truly the case, then negative stuff from Ole Miss fans about MSU should be locked as well.

swdawg
05-01-2013, 02:14 AM
My memory is that he said that the racial posts would not be tolerated anymore...not general criticism of OM. Additionally, something along the lines of "if you come on here with accusations of cheating/violations, you need to bring evidence/proof too." That's not quite saying that criticism of OM wont be allowed.

It continues to amaze me how things get embellished when brought from one board to another. Like when this board was started, I called out one of those NAFOOM jackasses for the same thing. Saying that a certain poster here was saying things, but the jackass would add a word here and there, or change one word, so that it made the impact of his mockery much better.

I seen it dawg
05-01-2013, 06:25 AM
Sevendust = fake or mayor of douchebagistan.

FlabLoser
05-01-2013, 07:00 AM
My memory is that he said that the racial posts would not be tolerated anymore...not general criticism of OM. Additionally, something along the lines of "if you come on here with accusations of cheating/violations, you need to bring evidence/proof too." That's not quite saying that criticism of OM wont be allowed.

It continues to amaze me how things get embellished when brought from one board to another. Like when this board was started, I called out one of those NAFOOM jackasses for the same thing. Saying that a certain poster here was saying things, but the jackass would add a word here and there, or change one word, so that it made the impact of his mockery much better.

That's all correct. No discussing racism on the Dixie-playing, Obama-rioting Ole Miss Rebel campus. And no calling Freezus a cheater, no matter what UMC job a recruit's dad gets or how much fresh leather is in Channing Ward's brand new Z-71 (or what's his name's Challenger..forget who that was).

No doing any of that on Sixpackspeak where a Rebel moderator injects himself everywhere and edits people's post, even in jest.

All that speaks volumes.

dawgatauburn
05-01-2013, 08:17 AM
I've become a whiny douchebag but I do think Seven is a good guy

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-01-2013, 08:39 AM
And heck, a FedEx truck would be the perfect cover for delivering stuff. If you know what I mean.

Or he could be a secret spy for om...isn't the FedEx owner an om guy?

12five98
05-01-2013, 08:41 AM
I believe he used to post on bulldogblitz.com a long time ago. I think that was the name of the site. Didn't Paul help run that? Now he only posts on 24/7 where Paul is. Never posts anywhere else.

FISHDAWG
05-01-2013, 08:45 AM
Todd ... that IS the case ... I tried to block the pancake rabbit so I wouldn't have to read his crap and I wasn't allowed to block him because he was an administrator ..... I complained and was told that DS is an administrator on Nafoom ..... ** so, I guess that makes everything all right** ....... why would I care if DS has admin powers at Nafoom ???

RBritt
05-01-2013, 08:47 AM
The dust knows more about players than their own coach does. Y'all didn't know that.

SnakePlissken
05-01-2013, 09:45 AM
That's all correct. No discussing racism on the Dixie-playing, Obama-rioting Ole Miss Rebel campus. And no calling Freezus a cheater, no matter what UMC job a recruit's dad gets or how much fresh leather is in Channing Ward's brand new Z-71 (or what's his name's Challenger..forget who that was).

No doing any of that on Sixpackspeak where a Rebel moderator injects himself everywhere and edits people's post, even in jest.

All that speaks volumes.BOOM! Can't say it much more clearer and correctly

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
05-01-2013, 09:51 AM

All that speaks volumes.
Easy to do when you're blinded by that high pedestal om *****...

swdawg
05-01-2013, 09:55 AM
Yes, Flab...we all know how strongly you and others felt about those things, cause, you know...here we are. I just pointed out that what was posted earlier was not an accurate account of what HD6 did. That's all. I'm not interested in arguing about the issues of race at Ole Miss or their cheating. You can if you'd like to. Let me know when there is an official investigation into their recruiting; then I'll be very interested in talking about it.

Just no reason to stretch the truth about what HD6 did or said. Would you want someone taking your post and twisting it to make it sound more inflammatory than it really was?

All that speaks volumes.

FlabLoser
05-01-2013, 10:01 AM
Yes, Flab...we all know how strongly you and others felt about those things, cause, you know...here we are. I just pointed out that what was posted earlier was not an accurate account of what HD6 did. That's all. I'm not interested in arguing about the issues of race at Ole Miss or their cheating. You can if you'd like to. Let me know when there is an official investigation into their recruiting; then I'll be very interested in talking about it.

Just no reason to stretch the truth about what HD6 did or said. Would you want someone taking your post and twisting it to make it sound more inflammatory than it really was?

I am agreeing with you.

I say Rebel bashing gets locked on SPS. You say Rebel race and cheating discussion gets locked on SPS.

We're saying the same things. You said it in more detail than I did at first.

601Dawg
05-01-2013, 10:21 AM
I guess the moral is its ok to talk about Coach34 or other posters, but NOT ok to talk about 7Dust????

Has anyone on here every seen or met 7Dust??? I have met a few guys who post on here and different boards and had a beer with them tailgated with them and shot the shit. Most are just like me, love Mississippi Sports, tailgating and having a good time. I cant recall 7Dust ever talking about going to any Mississippi State Sporting events and its not like hes that far away being in the Memphis area.

Coach34
05-01-2013, 10:27 AM
I guess the moral is its ok to talk about Coach34 or other posters, but NOT ok to talk about 7Dust????

That would definitely be one conclusion you could draw

swdawg
05-01-2013, 10:34 AM
I see...so your point is that those are the only things that anyone can find to criticize/bash Ole Miss about.

I am agreeing with you.

I say Rebel bashing gets locked on SPS. You say Rebel race and cheating discussion gets locked on SPS.

We're saying the same things. You said it in more detail than I did at first.

swdawg
05-01-2013, 10:41 AM
The thread was open for 7+ hours after Sevendust was mentioned...and it's not like there was this big debate or argument about him. Just a mention and a couple of comments. What am I missing here? Why is this considered some controversy or conspiracy?

Has anyone on here every seen or met 7Dust??? I have met a few guys who post on here and different boards and had a beer with them tailgated with them and shot the shit. Most are just like me, love Mississippi Sports, tailgating and having a good time. I cant recall 7Dust ever talking about going to any Mississippi State Sporting events and its not like hes that far away being in the Memphis area.

Coach34
05-01-2013, 10:50 AM
What am I missing here? Why is this considered some controversy or conspiracy?

Just curious as to why it was locked? They locked it last night after a couple of people began posting in it about Seven

ghostofjackie
05-01-2013, 11:13 AM
Way too many threads get locked on sixpack. The second you say "queer" or "***" they lock it up............. Which is really queer of them.

Goat Holder
05-01-2013, 11:19 AM

Funny thing is I (and many others) probably know as much as 7Dust. Not bragging, but everybody has a connection here or there. I know the majority of the so-called respected posters on 6pack don't know SHIT.

But as far as 6pack goes, it's easy to hide behind being a moderator, even when you're wrong, liberal, fat and stupid. But, it's their board, that's the way they intended it. Dawgstudent is just a pawn for the money and hits. They are following the same path as Wardlaw honestly, more about themselves than it is about MSU. That's one reason why I hope Coach34's board succeeds, at the very minimum I know he cares about Mississippi State.

Todd4State
05-01-2013, 11:20 AM
The thread was open for 7+ hours after Sevendust was mentioned...and it's not like there was this big debate or argument about him. Just a mention and a couple of comments. What am I missing here? Why is this considered some controversy or conspiracy?

That's what we want to know. It's not like anyone was bashing him really. We're just saying he may not be a real person and if he is, it would be really easy to disprove that.

woozman
05-01-2013, 11:21 AM
I seen that.

#1, sir...

Will James
05-01-2013, 11:31 AM
it's easy to hide behind being a moderator, even when you're wrong, liberal, fat and stupid.

Hahahaha damn this got me laughing

Coach34
05-01-2013, 11:38 AM
That's what we want to know. It's not like anyone was bashing him really. We're just saying he may not be a real person and if he is, it would be really easy to disprove that.

Sevendust gonna be on Head to Head?

ghostofjackie
05-01-2013, 11:55 AM

Test it out. Post a thread today bashing Ole Miss to high heaven. And see if it gets locked. I really think you all are wrong about DS and him not caring about MSU. Nothing is farther from the truth.

Todd4State
05-01-2013, 11:58 AM
Sevendust gonna be on Head to Head?

I bet that would sound a lot like John Boy and Billy.

Coach34
05-01-2013, 11:59 AM
Test it out. Post a thread today bashing Ole Miss to high heaven. And see if it gets locked. I really think you all are wrong about DS and him not caring about MSU. Nothing is farther from the truth.

DS absolutely cares about MSU

Sixpack does not exist to be a State message board though. Sixpack is about hits and advertising

Dont make Sixpack and DS the same thing

TrueMaroon
05-01-2013, 12:01 PM
I'll say this about the dust-I dont think that he's an Ole Miss fan.

I joined BulldogBlitz in 2005 when it was run by some guy named Rob Harrellson. At that point in time, sevendust had been a member there for like 4 or 5 years. As best as I can tell he stayed there for a whille and then moved to BulldawgJunction when it opened up. As soon as Paul left he went with Paul. So he has been posting on MSU boards for at least 12 years.

TrueMaroon
05-01-2013, 12:03 PM
Paul Jones in the past has relayed information from practices or when he was away from his computer through Seven and Hack to put on the site. They may be one in the same.

Coach34
05-01-2013, 12:06 PM
I bet that would sound a lot like John Boy and Billy.

I've always imagined Sevendust sounding like Billy Ed from the Walton and Johnson Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKoVf04oxes

Billy Ed comes in about the 29 second point

BeastMan
05-01-2013, 12:11 PM
Paul Jones in the past has relayed information from practices or when he was away from his computer through Seven and Hack to put on the site. They may be one in the same.

I'm waiting on this reply. Should be good

BeastMan
05-01-2013, 12:18 PM
My honest thought is that he is just a goofy dude. Not meaning that he's a bad person... Just one of those awkward homeschool/church kids if that makes sense

601Dawg
05-01-2013, 12:55 PM
My honest thought is that he is just a goofy dude. Not meaning that he's a bad person... Just one of those awkward homeschool/church kids if that makes sense

He does like to get really involved in religious conversations on Paul's site.

FlabLoser
05-01-2013, 12:58 PM
Test it out. Post a thread today bashing Ole Miss to high heaven. And see if it gets locked.

Exhibit A.

http://forums.sixpackspeak.com/showthread.php?106125-Meanwhile-in-the-land-of-cotton

That went less than 9 hours before being locked. I posted facts and quotes from the Ole Miss Rebel student newspaper. Nothing more, nothing less.

I really think you all are wrong about DS and him not caring about MSU. Nothing is farther from the truth.

I didn't say that. I like DS and I know for a fact he is a die hard State fan.

slickdawg
05-01-2013, 01:47 PM
I really don't want to get near this steaming pile, but I thought this would be a good point to interject some Matt Wyatt wisdom, and I paraphrase:

You pull for someone? What exactly does that mean? You watch them if they are on TV? To me, buying season tickets and putting butts in seats, going to the event, spending money eating at restaurants , buying gas, donating to the bulldog club, doing these things is pulling for someone.

Goat Holder
05-01-2013, 03:16 PM
I really don't want to get near this steaming pile, but I thought this would be a good point to interject some Matt Wyatt wisdom, and I paraphrase:

You pull for someone? What exactly does that mean? You watch them if they are on TV? To me, buying season tickets and putting butts in seats, going to the event, spending money eating at restaurants , buying gas, donating to the bulldog club, doing these things is pulling for someone.

Good summation. Way too many MSU folks out there (many represented on 6pack) who give no money whatsoever, don't go to games, etc. But they love to get drunk and run the teams down on message boards.

sleepy dawg
05-01-2013, 03:56 PM
Good summation. Way too many MSU folks out there (many represented on 6pack) who give no money whatsoever, don't go to games, etc. But they love to get drunk and run the teams down on message boards.

I feel like I'm reading a NAFOOM message board. Six Pack obsessed much?

Everyone hates sixpack, yet everyone is still reading it and posting it over here. Blast away bitches.

MSUDawg4Life
05-01-2013, 04:01 PM

Agreed.

They have no problem badmouthing our coaches and players, but if you say something bad about OM that's terrible. Lock the thread! Ban them!

But, people who have put in blood, sweat and tears for our university? You can talk all the shit about them you want.

Sad, sad, sad ....

MSUDawg4Life
05-01-2013, 04:06 PM
I feel like I'm reading a NAFOOM message board. Six Pack obsessed much?

Everyone hates sixpack, yet everyone is still reading it and posting it over here. Blast away bitches.

Any so-called "MSU fan" that is an OM dick-sucker deserves to get blasted.

Blast away indeed.

Marooned
05-01-2013, 04:06 PM
Way too many threads get locked on sixpack. The second you say "queer" or "***" they lock it up............. Which is really queer of them.

You could say "that's very Collins of them"

sleepy dawg
05-01-2013, 04:16 PM
Any so-called "MSU fan" that is an OM dick-sucker deserves to get blasted.

Blast away indeed.

I'm just wondering why everyone is still going over there, if you clearly hate it so much. If you don't like what they're doing, then 17 'em. Move on. Be an Elite Dawg and forget about them.

Political Hack
05-01-2013, 07:00 PM
I'm just wondering why everyone is still going over there, if you clearly hate it so much. If you don't like what they're doing, then 17 'em. Move on. Be an Elite Dawg and forget about them.

Good point. I don't read over there because I don't want to sift through a million fights to find one piece of interesting info about state. I used to look at it about once a week, but it's hard to understand who's who and what the hell people are referencing over there unless you read their a lot. I like DS, think he's got a great product, but it's an acquired taste for sure.

Oh, and to the other poster, 7 and I are not the same person but I'm sure some folks got a good laugh out of that.

Ghost of Hank Flick
05-01-2013, 07:41 PM

All that speaks volumes.

Sixpack can obviously be whatever they want to be, but I think criticizing ole miss via every possible angle is absolutely necessary. I understand wanting to stay away from racial issues period - but cheating allegations need to have proof? I thought rumors were encouraged on that board. Whatever, I never have read it more than once a month, but that tells you it isn't a Mississippi State board, but just a board founded by Mississippi State people.

I know I love to post anti-OM stuff on M&WN - our fanbase loves it and if it changes just one recruit's mind to not go to OM then it was worth it.

FFF
05-01-2013, 09:11 PM
Sixpack can obviously be whatever they want to be, but I think criticizing ole miss via every possible angle is absolutely necessary. I understand wanting to stay away from racial issues period - but cheating allegations need to have proof? I thought rumors were encouraged on that board. Whatever, I never have read it more than once a month, but that tells you it isn't a Mississippi State board, but just a board founded by Mississippi State people.

I know I love to post anti-OM stuff on M&WN - our fanbase loves it and if it changes just one recruit's mind to not go to OM then it was worth it.

I don't know HD6, nor do I care for HD6 much at all (I think he tries WAY too hard to be a hardass), but those who were reading during that time ought to remember all the accusation shit being posted about OM during recruiting season. Couple that with the Chris Jones drama, and the bickering and rumors were almost unbearable. It was meltdown after meltdown of OM stuff and I quit reading for a while because of it. I enjoy a good juicy rumor, but the "woe is me, OM is cheating their ass off and taking our recruits" talk got old REAL quick.

Now do I think every OM thread should get locked? Absolutely not... they are our rival and I hate them as much as the next guy, but I think HD6 laid the hammer down for accusations about cheating at OM (that was exactly what the post said... nothing about "bashing" OM) for the same reason DS cut off registration until after signing day... the board is absolutely unreadable, otherwise.