PDA

View Full Version : Mullen handing out the offers

bully99
02-06-2014, 06:23 PM
Looks like Mullen has offered at least three players today. Guess he's learning from freeze to throw out offers around the country and see if something sticks. Hope so.

EAVdog
02-06-2014, 06:26 PM
We've been offering 2015's from all over the Southeast for months now. We have 2016 and 2017 offers and commits as well. It's a different ballgame.

I did see that we've offered a bunch of OL!

maroonmania
02-06-2014, 06:36 PM
We've been offering 2015's from all over the Southeast for months now. We have 2016 and 2017 offers and commits as well. It's a different ballgame.

Rosebowl mentioned this as a change of strategy where in the past we have been wanting to wait to see OL in camp before we offer and its cost us some guys. We will likely start offering earlier at that position than we have been.

BullDog
02-06-2014, 06:38 PM
@TKentavious9 Kentavious Thomas http://youtu.be/ZJV0GOrORww Really like this young man. Jr day visit here soon.

GreaterCowbell
02-06-2014, 06:47 PM
@TKentavious9 Kentavious Thomas http://youtu.be/ZJV0GOrORww Really like this young man. Jr day visit here soon.

Damn! He'll run yo ass over.

Political Hack
02-06-2014, 07:00 PM

Bumphis with more power. He could play RB/WR and do both well. Hell of an athlete.

RougeDawg
02-06-2014, 07:21 PM
Did he fly in on the #JuiceCopter.**
Anyone see the back and forth between Sumlin and Strong in the last day?

Saltydog
02-06-2014, 07:32 PM
that we expected to get at least one commit, maybe more..........

Todd4State
02-06-2014, 07:45 PM

You are exactly right. I tried to tell people this on 247 and was met with "That's a loooong way away. Too long for me to care. They probably won't stick anyway."

If we want to survive in the SEC, we have to stay ahead of the curve. If we recruited like we did five years ago and stayed the same, we would get left in the dust.

RougeDawg
02-06-2014, 07:50 PM
that we expected to get at least one commit, maybe more..........

Yea and then Dick-stain had to put a plug in about OM already having 4 commits, whole failing to mention they're rated behind state, and look to be getting left in dust after JR weekend.

Big4Dawg
02-06-2014, 07:56 PM
Paul said he put over/under on 1.5 for Saturday. Said it can be up to 3.

RougeDawg
02-06-2014, 08:27 PM
Paul said he put over/under on 1.5 for Saturday. Said it can be up to 3.

Aren't they all 4* guys? Thought I read that on 247.

preachermatt83
02-06-2014, 08:29 PM
Dan said we will sign a HUGE class next year, No scholarship reductions + Lots of seniors = TONS of offers bc we know we can sign a bigger class. Someone really really close to the situation tells me that Dan is down right giddy with confidence over what we will getting next year.

whosyourdawgy
02-06-2014, 08:59 PM
All the ones today were OL. Dang, day after signing day and working hard. I like it.

Jack Lambert
02-06-2014, 09:00 PM
I don't think he is learning from Freeze. I think in knows he has a special season comming next season and he is getting these guys on board now. I think it will all come together next season.

smootness
02-06-2014, 11:10 PM
It's always been Collins' strategy everywhere he's been. Has nothing to do with Freeze.

SDDawg
02-06-2014, 11:18 PM
If we offered 200+ guys for the 2014 class to sign 22 guys, we'll offer nearly 300 to get to 25 - 28 kids. That's just the math, glad to see we're getting aggressive about offering kids from outside of SEC territory. This strategy has been working for Stoops this year at Kentucky, these kids want SEC offers and some of these will stick, they'll visit, and when they see Dak blowing up in a big way next year it will be the magnet to help pull them in. The stars are aligning...

RougeDawg
02-06-2014, 11:48 PM
I don't think he is learning from Freeze. I think in knows he has a special season comming next season and he is getting these guys on board now. I think it will all come together next season.

Thou thinks you are on to something. This next season and recruiting class are a turning point for this program. We have the talent and depth to legitimately compete for the SEC West this year. He's parlaying the momentum from end of season and expectations of 2014 to put together his best class yet. A lot will hinge on how hard we come out swingin on August 30th. We have a lot going for us going into this season. One of best football only facilities in nation, stadium expansion and upgrades, a top 5 SEC defense, multiple players either drafter or projected picks in coming years, and a QB in the Heisman discussion 7 months before season starts. I'm not sure we have ever had this many various positive aspects of our football program before. Can't wait to open up with the Buzzards.