PDA

View Full Version : Richard Williams should replace Bart Gregory

bully99
02-06-2014, 12:44 PM
Dick filled in for Gregory last night and the broadcast was so much more interesting. Don't know if Dick would do it fulltime, but it would liven up the broadcast. Gregory needs to take over fulltime play by play of baseball and Jim Ellis should retire. Go out and hire a new lead broadcaster for football and basketball. We need changes.

Todd4State
02-06-2014, 12:49 PM
I like Jim for baseball still, but I would like a former baseball player to team up with him as an analyst. Unless it's Tim McCarver or Joe Morgan.

War Machine Dawg
02-06-2014, 12:54 PM
We should go get Will Kollmeyer for play-by-play in football & basketball. He'd kill for the job and is damn good at it. Wyatt would be better if he didn't have to deal with Jim's slow pacing ****ing up everything he needs to analyze.

Disagree on baseball. Jim is still one of the best there is out there. Bart is very good in his own right, but Jim isn't in significant enough decline to merit stripping him of his best sport.

Unfortunately, since we are Em State, I think it's pretty clear that the plan right now is to let Jim have it as long as he wants it, then move Bart into play-by-play. But we need new blood badly, and I think Kollmeyer would be a good idea.

Goat Holder
02-06-2014, 01:13 PM
Unfortunately, since we are Em State,

This coming from the same guy who unsuccessfully ridicules me for saying Miss Stake:

.....while bitching about being "Miss Stake" as you like to say.

Oh man, sorry that I've got the gall to be frustrated once in a blue moon with 1 or 2 legitimate concerns, like OL recruiting, or lack thereof. Hypocritical mfer, you are.

Then this overplayed line from 2008:

But we need new blood badly

ONLY Miss Stake fans could tow this line in this day and age, as good as our AD as a whole is at present. That shit flew when Templetoes and Croom were running rampant. Not really much you can bitch about now, yet you find a way to clue in on our radio announcing, who #1, nobody listens to anymore, and #2, it's really alright as it is.

Sounds like you are the terrible poster, pal. Geebus n shit.

maroonmania
02-06-2014, 01:30 PM
Bart is OK but doesn't really add a lot. Would love to see Richard Williams do color on basketball. He knows the game inside and out and he is the most articulate coach I ever remember MSU having in any sport.

bully99
02-06-2014, 02:29 PM
Todd,I can't believe a baseball guy like you thinks Ellis is good. The last few years he's so confused, I can't even follow the game. It's really embarrassing.

Richard is very bright, but Bob Boyd was very smart, that's why he pushed so hard for Williams to get the job when he retired. Boyd wanted another intellectual to get the job.

One of the reasons schools are not putting emphasis on radio is because with games being on tv,the radio audience has dwindled to a fraction of what they used to be.

maroonmania
02-06-2014, 02:48 PM
Todd,I can't believe a baseball guy like you thinks Ellis is good. The last few years he's so confused, I can't even follow the game. It's really embarrassing.

Richard is very bright, but Bob Body was very smart, that's why he pushed so hard for Williams to get the job when he retired. Boyd wanted another intellectual to get the job.

One of the reasons schools are not putting emphasis on radio is because with games being on tv,the radio audience has dwindled to a fraction of what they used to be.

Well there is no denying that Rick Ray is one sharp dude. In fact, he is a math major just like Williams. The only difference is he doesn't have any John Bradys or Rick Stansburys out recruiting for him that I can see.