PDA

View Full Version : Petrino just signed an OL, Jimmie Terry, from Madison Central.....

Goat Holder
02-06-2014, 11:40 AM
It appears he was a MS All-Star. Anybody got the scoop on him? No other offers per Scout. Has an Ole Miss shirt on in his Scout profile.

Todd4State
02-06-2014, 12:25 PM
At one time we were looking at signing and placing him- I think at Co-Lin, and then he committed to Georgia Southern before Petrino flipped him to Louisville.

As you can see, he is massive. He also probably set the MC record for false starts though. He's 6'5" 350 but he's not in very good shape.

Goat Holder
02-06-2014, 01:16 PM
Wonder how he compares to Jenkins and the other from Olive Branch.

BeastMan
02-06-2014, 01:20 PM
All I'm going to say is that there has to be a good reason that MSU, OM, nor USM offered. A good player at one of the state's biggest programs doesn't go unnoticed by instate schools.

Todd4State
02-06-2014, 01:56 PM
Wonder how he compares to Jenkins and the other from Olive Branch.

Just guessing- but Jenkins and Cochran can add weight. Terry would have to lose weight. I can't see Terry playing any position on the o-line other than right guard.

Todd4State
02-06-2014, 01:57 PM
All I'm going to say is that there has to be a good reason that MSU, OM, nor USM offered. A good player at one of the state's biggest programs doesn't go unnoticed by instate schools.

At the very least Bawby Hawll would have gotten him to Ole Miss.

TopDog58
02-06-2014, 02:05 PM
At the very least Bawby Hawll would have gotten him to Ole Miss.

One of the local tv sports directors retweeted Bawby Hawl last week that he must have deleted from his feed that said something to the effect that Jimmy Terry commits to Lousville yet didn't have an offer from MSU, UM, or the mighty Southern Miss. Obviously a dig at their losing streak and classless coming from a local HS coach.

M.Fillmore
02-06-2014, 02:14 PM
One of the local tv sports directors retweeted Bawby Hawl last week that he must have deleted from his feed that said something to the effect that Jimmy Terry commits to Lousville yet didn't have an offer from MSU, UM, or the mighty Southern Miss. Obviously a dig at their losing streak and classless coming from a local HS coach.

I dunno. Everything I have seen has Hall saying Terry is a great get for Petrino and how the others schools missed on Terry. I read it as Hall digging the schools and supporting his player. This makes more sense.