PDA

View Full Version : UM signs the top 4 players in the state????

RossDawg82
02-06-2014, 11:34 AM
How can they claim they signed the top 4 players in the state when we got Mississippi's "Mr Football". Doesn't that award go to the best player in the state? Correct me if I am wrong.

starkvegasdawg
02-06-2014, 11:36 AM
The same way they claim they are a better program. They never let things like facts get in the way of the propoganda.

Jacksondevildog
02-06-2014, 11:41 AM
If they are including DK Buford in that list, they are wrong. I heard that DK Buford was described as a very soft player by all of the coaches at the MS/AL All star game. The consensus was that he would have a hard time playing at Ole Miss. Once again this shows a misevaluation by recruiting "experts". He runs a 4.4 at a camp and can go through a cone drill fast, but once the pads are on, and you have to make a play, they disappear like a fart in the wind.

Political Hack
02-06-2014, 11:44 AM
they also have 3 BCS national championship trophies and Kiffin coached several NFL talents that are prominent on his twitter profile.

RossDawg82
02-06-2014, 11:46 AM
It just baffles me how they can spin this kind of stuff and it seems the only people laughing at them are us. I really hope we go to Oxford and drop 50 on those assholes. Then we will get a majority of the stud recruits in state next year and all we have to say 5 out of 6.

Goat Holder
02-06-2014, 11:48 AM
Go look at Yancy's ranking, it shows Ole Miss getting like 8 of the top 10. Talk about a joke.

Even Talty's Targeted 22 doesn't go that far with the spin. That list has it about right, Ole Miss 5, MSU 4, LSU 1. Out of the 22, MSU actually wins that battle 9-8. Weird to see Oklahoma get a guy from MS, what was the story there?

Goat Holder
02-06-2014, 11:51 AM
Because nobody outside of MS cares.

I have a friend that is a Louisville fan and we bounce this stuff off each other daily. It's amazing the perspective he can provide of MS triviality.

RossDawg82
02-06-2014, 11:51 AM
The point im trying to make is we have "MR. Football", an award given to the best player in the state. That is the same as Bo Wallace claiming the Connerly trophy over Gabe Jackson. I just don't understand how they can say that kind of stuff with a straight face and not feel like complete retards.

Esmerelda Villalobos
02-06-2014, 11:54 AM
How can they claim they signed the top 4 players in the state when we got Mississippi's "Mr Football". Doesn't that award go to the best player in the state? Correct me if I am wrong.

Well the best 3 in the state are speaks, williams and green. So no, they didnt get the top 4.

Goat Holder
02-06-2014, 11:57 AM
Well, Mr. Football technically awards on-field accomplishments, not who the most 'targeted' in the state is. Dylan Favre was Mr. Football too, remember.

That doesn't mean Aeris Williams is NOT the best player in the state either. I'm simply pointing out the process. I think he's under-rated because he's a West Point guy that was pretty much an MSU lock the whole process. If he was a Hoover guy that was an Alabama lock the whole time, he may be a 4 star and rated much higher. Just how the game is played.

Political Hack
02-06-2014, 11:59 AM
A-Train is a beast of untold proportion. The guy will not only decleate you, he runs to open space and creates space between himself and defenders when there is none. the kid is flat out talented.

it's pretty rare to see a power back set up a guy to miss twenty yards downfield in open space. He does that naturally and he makes it look easy. Coaches will know way I'm talking about but for others who think I I'm babbling, I'll try to explain.

He can have a one on one situation in open field and make it look like he's going to cut back forcing the defender to change angles. As soon as that defender changes angles, he's dust. Williams doesn't have to outrun him at full speed because the guy won't be full speed. that's natural too and damn near impossible to teach.

Red Sox Dawg
02-06-2014, 12:04 PM
It just baffles me how they can spin this kind of stuff and it seems the only people laughing at them are us. I really hope we go to Oxford and drop 50 on those assholes. Then we will get a majority of the stud recruits in state next year and all we have to say 5 out of 6.

The reason they get away with it is because no one else pays attention to them. They are irrelevant to everyone but their fans and some of our more fanatic fans. I personally don't keep up with them at all so I don't what's going on there, nor do I care. (And I have a daughter in oxford in grad school. Got her undergraduate degree from MSU.) The only way I know anything about the bears is what I see others saying on State message boards and I don't read most of the threads that have umiss in the title. I just don't care about them so I don't follow them at all.

RossDawg82
02-06-2014, 12:06 PM
With all this being said, I am very proud of our class and I personally feel we are more talented than TSUN in almost every position on the field and off the field. They have some talent but our coaching is better and I don't see a reason we shouldn't win in Sodom and Gomorra this year. Im going to make it a point to focus on the positives and not worry about those oxfordians. We will take this battle to the field and win with extreme vengeance.

BeardoMSU
02-06-2014, 12:12 PM
The reason they get away with it is because no one else pays attention to them. They are irrelevant to everyone but their fans and some of our more fanatic fans.

I'd say that number is a little higher than "some". People have been at Defcon1 since yesterday. If we, and I mean as MSU fans, didn't spend half our time talking about OM, in one facet or another, then nobody would - those bitches are full of self-inflated hot air and bull shit anyways, they don't need our help adding to the aura that is "Ole Miss: the Harvard of the South". Let them choke on their own stupidity.

The only time we need to concern ourselves with them is when we are about to spank that ass on the field, court, or diamond. Otherwise, **** 'em.

Mjoelner34
02-06-2014, 12:31 PM
The reason they get away with it is because no one else pays attention to them.....

The reason they get away with it is becuase no media outlet outside of Mississippi or the Memphis area considers them relevent and the media outlets in Mississippi and Memphis refuse to run stories about 'Successful Quan', photoshopped BCS trophies, players photoshopped with coaches they never played for, the 'driver', the Education Center in Jackson, new jobs in Oxford, new furniture in Philly, LOI's with only the parent's signature......etc....

CJDAWG85
02-06-2014, 12:37 PM
The same way they claim they are a better program. They never let things like facts get in the way of the propoganda.

The same way they hang a banner claiming they won the West in 2003.

Hypnodawg
02-06-2014, 12:38 PM
Why are they so much better at getting OL prospects? This year they have a 4*x1 and 3*x4. We pulled 3*x2 and 2*x3. This seems to consistently be a major issue. Last year they pulled 5*x1, 4*x1, and 3*x2. We pulled 3*x2 and a 2*x1.
Simplified 2013 OL: us=2.67 them=3.75 2014 OL: us= 2.4 them=3.2

The 3 year trend for us is horrid. 2012= 3*x4 2*x1 or 2.8. So over the last 3 years we have gone 2.8, 2.67, 2.4. I think I know why our QBs are getting injured.

What the hell is going on with our OL recruitment? 2* OL in the SEC is not going to cut it.

Goat Holder
02-06-2014, 01:02 PM
Easy answer: Hevesy.

But that being said, you can't hate on the guy as long as he's producing on the field. The development of Clausell has been insane. Not to mention finding Day, Clayborn, Malone, etc.

Really Clark?
02-06-2014, 01:09 PM
Why are they so much better at getting OL prospects? This year they have a 4*x1 and 3*x4. We pulled 3*x2 and 2*x3. This seems to consistently be a major issue. Last year they pulled 5*x1, 4*x1, and 3*x2. We pulled 3*x2 and a 2*x1.

The 3 year trend for us is horrid. 2012= 3*x4 2*x1 or 2.8. So over the last 3 years we have gone 2.8, 2.67, 2.4. I think I know why our QBs are getting injured.

What the hell is going on with our OL recruitment? 2* OL in the SEC is not going to cut it.

You mean 2* like Day, Clausell, Malone and 3* like Gabe Jackson, Claiborn, Siddoway. And a walk on in Beckwith? That's not going to cut it? I want the OL to always get better but the OL the last two years have been pretty much the middle of the SEC. And in pass protection have been very good. There is a perception here because of people beating the drum of how bad our OL is that has taken hold with a lot of people. It has not been bad OL play. The issues have been more about execution and mental, not physical. And those issues are not horrendous like people want to portray. But I don't think people really take the time and watch a whole game and focus strickly on the line. They will have bad plays or someone is off a night but doesn't mean the line is bad. And it hasn't been.

whosyourdawgy
02-06-2014, 01:13 PM

And yet we still have a good offensive line each and every year and put offensive linemen in the NFL. The only one that they have that is a stud is Tunsil and that is without any question or doubt. We will see how Taylor works out for them. They lost a ton of linemen last year and early playing time was a very good selling point for their class this season and may be why they were able to pull a Sims in. Early playing time at MSU isn't there for them unless you are a Tunsil. I'm not too worried about the offensive line right now. There's always next year.

Joe Schmedlap
02-06-2014, 01:15 PM
We have an excellent dual threat QB at the moment and two more waiting in the wings. We just signed an extremely good RB to joint two others on the team already. We are ready to RTDF, but we have majority "projects" as OL. That crap needs to change pronto. We have seriously upgraded our size and talent at WR as well. We recruited damn good O linemen for years, and now we literally cannot buy one. This is not something to sugar coat.

Really Clark?
02-06-2014, 01:16 PM
Easy answer: Hevesy.

But that being said, you can't hate on the guy as long as he's producing on the field. The development of Clausell has been insane. Not to mention finding Day, Clayborn, Malone, etc.

But the thing is, there is a divide with Hevasy. He is not bad but there are those who don't like him but there are just as many who love him. There is no inbetween. But he can develop an OL and that to me overrides the recruitment aspect. Just like with Wilson, better recruiter than Turner. Our line looked much better with Turner. I will take that all day. The ones who are great at both, are making $400,000+ at a bigger school. Give me the best coach on the lines.

maroonmania
02-06-2014, 01:27 PM

Not to split hairs because I have been as down on our OL recruiting as anyone, and I don't know what service you pulled your star rankings from, but per 247 we signed 4 three star OL and the only 2 star was Cochran that we took from USM. In fact at the time Jenkins came on board to us he was actually rated slightly higher than Rawlings but it looks like OM has gotten Rawlings bumped up a little since then. Overall they had 6 four stars and we had 3 but if the Shepard flip hadn't happened it would have been 5 to 4.

Coach34
02-06-2014, 01:44 PM
Back on topic:

Green and Williams are two of the top 4 players in the state. Even the fat Khardashian sister knows that. End of story

maroonmania
02-06-2014, 01:45 PM
I'd say that number is a little higher than "some". People have been at Defcon1 since yesterday. If we, and I mean as MSU fans, didn't spend half our time talking about OM, in one facet or another, then nobody would - those bitches are full of self-inflated hot air and bull shit anyways, they don't need our help adding to the aura that is "Ole Miss: the Harvard of the South". Let them choke on their own stupidity.

The only time we need to concern ourselves with them is when we are about to spank that ass on the field, court, or diamond. Otherwise, **** 'em.

There would have been little to no talk of UM yesterday had they not stolen one of our top ranked commitments. That WAS a big deal and you certainly can't expect MSU fans not to talk about it. I'm actually still pissed about it happening but life goes on. I mean we were the ones that helped the kid work out the plan to get eligible and stayed with him when everyone else had assumed he was a lost cause for nothing more than having Bucky apparently video chat with him all night and take him with no telling what promised and provided. Yes, it was a worthwhile topic and another reason I want to beat those bastards in Oxford this year.

EAVdog
02-06-2014, 01:57 PM
A-Train is a beast of untold proportion. The guy will not only decleate you, he runs to open space and creates space between himself and defenders when there is none. the kid is flat out talented.

it's pretty rare to see a power back set up a guy to miss twenty yards downfield in open space. He does that naturally and he makes it look easy. Coaches will know way I'm talking about but for others who think I I'm babbling, I'll try to explain.

He can have a one on one situation in open field and make it look like he's going to cut back forcing the defender to change angles. As soon as that defender changes angles, he's dust. Williams doesn't have to outrun him at full speed because the guy won't be full speed. that's natural too and damn near impossible to teach.

I don't have time but I'd love for someone to do a breakdown of our class position by position with grades. I've seen it done on a few other message boards like SECRANT.

Example

Runningback: A+

Aeris Williams may be the best to come out of Mississippi since J-Rock/Boobie. The only reason he isn't a 5* player is because he shut his recruiting down. He even lines up at WR sometimes!

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/311345/highlights/45009375

etc... include Dontavian Lee who as teh 2nd RB in the class is damn good as well.

fishwater99
02-06-2014, 02:19 PM
Back on topic:

Green and Williams are two of the top 4 players in the state. Even the fat Khardashian sister knows that. End of story

I agree with Speaks and Taylor as the other two..

FlabLoser
02-06-2014, 02:33 PM
I don't care what OM is saying. I wouldn't care if they claimed a national title in crootin. I care about football season.

Sacrifice
02-06-2014, 02:35 PM
I can't wait to see what Williams can do in a spread formation. I don't know if West Point did this all year but when I saw him play they ran a power I formation with 1 receiver. The defense had all 11 guys within 7 yards of the LOS and he still had over 150 yards rushing. No disrespect to the West Point players but he was literally all they had on offense.

maroonmania
02-06-2014, 02:44 PM
I don't care what OM is saying. I wouldn't care if they claimed a national title in crootin. I care about football season.

Anyone can claim anything. We can put out that we signed the Top 3 or 4 players in MS if we wanted. Wouldn't make it true although it wouldn't necessarily not be true either. Heck, Mullen himself has already said he signed the Top 2 in Green and Williams.

thf24
02-06-2014, 04:39 PM

My wool just grew about six inches in the time it took to read that.

Hypnodawg
02-06-2014, 04:43 PM
You mean 2* like Day, Clausell, Malone and 3* like Gabe Jackson, Claiborn, Siddoway. And a walk on in Beckwith? That's not going to cut it? I want the OL to always get better but the OL the last two years have been pretty much the middle of the SEC. And in pass protection have been very good. There is a perception here because of people beating the drum of how bad our OL is that has taken hold with a lot of people. It has not been bad OL play. The issues have been more about execution and mental, not physical. And those issues are not horrendous like people want to portray. But I don't think people really take the time and watch a whole game and focus strickly on the line. They will have bad plays or someone is off a night but doesn't mean the line is bad. And it hasn't been.

Sorry for the rederail, but here is what I used.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/teamrank/2014/all/all

First thing that comes up when searching for college football class rankings.

They had Malone as a 3*. Yes, that's not going to cut it; unless, you are happy with 6-7 wins. And our OL recruiting has gotten worse, not better.

Really Clark?
02-06-2014, 05:22 PM
Sorry for the rederail, but here is what I used.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/teamrank/2014/all/all

First thing that comes up when searching for college football class rankings.

They had Malone as a 3*. Yes, that's not going to cut it; unless, you are happy with 6-7 wins. And our OL recruiting has gotten worse, not better.

There is a difference in rankings and production. The are cutting it in the SEC. Do I want even better players at every position? Yes. But don't confuse what a player is rated to actual on the field results. Especially on the OL. Florida needed a lot of OL recruits this year and they got some good players. They also signed 2-3 low 3* players that they beleive can develop. Even Bama 2-3 years ago with the high ranking class signed a very low 3* OL. Our highest rated OL has done nothing. Give me every OL class full of Gabe Jackson's and Dillion Days and you will have a fantastic OL. It's about development and age with OL. And we are not winning just 6-7 every year, are we. Outside of his first year, we are averaging 7.75 wins a year. You want to be 8-10 wins a year for the next couple of years and we are about there. Solid OL play, which we have had the last 2 years and add a very good QB gets you 8-9. If our skill guys develop some more, now you are 9-10 wins, with the defense as it ended the year. Better special teams and we are an 8 win team last year, at least.

Coach34
02-06-2014, 05:25 PM
blows my mind people still bitch about our OL, yet never say anything about us playing 2 straight years with Bumphis, Arceto, and Chris Smith at WR.

Our OL play has been leaps ahead of our WR play.

Todd4State
02-06-2014, 05:28 PM
But the thing is, there is a divide with Hevasy. He is not bad but there are those who don't like him but there are just as many who love him. There is no inbetween. But he can develop an OL and that to me overrides the recruitment aspect. Just like with Wilson, better recruiter than Turner. Our line looked much better with Turner. I will take that all day. The ones who are great at both, are making $400,000+ at a bigger school. Give me the best coach on the lines.

You could say this about pretty much anyone in any walk of life. A lot of people wouldn't like Freeze talking to them at 2 AM. Some do.

Todd4State
02-06-2014, 05:31 PM
blows my mind people still bitch about our OL, yet never say anything about us playing 2 straight years with Bumphis, Arceto, and Chris Smith at WR.

Our OL play has been leaps ahead of our WR play.

Me too. It's not like they have been unproductive. Hevesey didn't recruit Sherrod, but he no doubt helped him become a first round pick. Same with Gabe Jackson who was a 2 star. And then you look at the guys that he has recruited- Day, Clausell, Malone, and Clayborn...that's a pretty good run with lower rated guys at the toughest position to evaluate.

I don't get it.

WinningIsRelentless
02-06-2014, 05:46 PM

No it was because of a statue in the pocket. Oline is probably the hardest position to project to the next level.

Really Clark?
02-06-2014, 05:58 PM
You could say this about pretty much anyone in any walk of life. A lot of people wouldn't like Freeze talking to them at 2 AM. Some do.

True. But it has been stated several times that its pretty night and day with him. There is not a lot of inbetween.

Really Clark?
02-06-2014, 06:12 PM
No it was because of a statue in the pocket. Oline is probably the hardest position to project to the next level.

And yet with Tyler as QB, we finished 3rd in the league sacks allowed and 2nd in sacks allowed per game in 2012. We have never finished worse that giving up 25 sacks in a season and the best was when Tyler was QB. That's the perception I'm talking about. With as much time as he had to throw the line held and held better than any other season.

Just like with CJ Johnson, some act like he was such a great flip that we would love to have for pass rushing. 2012 was his only descent year and he had 6.5 sacks. But it's only perception because he had one really good game against us. Coming into that game he and Preston Smith were tied with 4.5 sacks for the season. But one game against us and people perceive he was really the flip that hurt us. IMO he hasn't lived up to his supposed talent level. Look up the TFL numbers as well. We had 2-3 players ahead of him. Perception caused by one game. Tyler held the ball a long time and would get hit and some people, not you, think it was bad line play.

Political Hack
02-06-2014, 06:50 PM
I don't have time but I'd love for someone to do a breakdown of our class position by position with grades. I've seen it done on a few other message boards like SECRANT.

Example

Runningback: A+

Aeris Williams may be the best to come out of Mississippi since J-Rock/Boobie. The only reason he isn't a 5* player is because he shut his recruiting down. He even lines up at WR sometimes!

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/311345/highlights/45009375

etc... include Dontavian Lee who as teh 2nd RB in the class is damn good as well.

I used to identify unknown talent from time to time for a particular college staff. That's well documented by some... tell me who you want broken down and I'll look at their film. Just PM me and I'll post it. Note, I'm not great with OL but do pretty well everywhere else.

Madkinmecrazy
02-06-2014, 07:05 PM

This couldn't be more perfect.

Coach34
02-06-2014, 07:07 PM
I used to identify unknown talent from time to time for a particular college staff. That's well documented by some... tell me who you want broken down and I'll look at their film. Just PM me and I'll post it. Note, I'm not great with OL but do pretty well everywhere else.

I'm thinking about buying a mustang. You know anything about them?

BeardoMSU
02-06-2014, 07:27 PM
C'mon Coach, I'm sure you can choose a car that doesn't emit such an air of douche bag....

http://jerseyjoeart.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/mustang4l.jpg

Bass Chaser
02-06-2014, 07:37 PM
Because nobody outside of MS cares.

I have a friend that is a Louisville fan and we bounce this stuff off each other daily. It's amazing the perspective he can provide of MS triviality.

I would love to hear what he has to say since I grew up outside the state too.

Political Hack
02-06-2014, 07:44 PM
I'm thinking about buying a mustang. You know anything about them?

I really don't. Zero insights... but facts are irrelevant.