PDA

View Full Version : I hate to start a new thread about Law, but what did olemiss expect to accomplish by

AlSwearengen
02-06-2014, 10:55 AM
getting away with the scam they tried to pull? Unless Law had indicated to them that he wanted to sign with them, they would have been getting another kid that didn't want to be there.

From the outside looking in, the mother is a POS that was looking at getting paid by olemiss. The kid told her he wanted to go to utah and being a POS that cares more about a few dollars than the kid's happiness, she signs for him, thinking that would be the end of it and he would have to go to olemiss.

This could be off base and the mother isn't what I described, but I have a hard time believing utah was the one duping olemiss. Everything surrounding olemiss is a huge ****ing drama, so they don't get the benefit of the doubt.

Jack Lambert
02-06-2014, 10:58 AM
getting away with the scam they tried to pull? Unless Law had indicated to them that he wanted to sign with them, they would have been getting another kid that didn't want to be there.

From the outside looking in, the mother is a POS that was looking at getting paid by olemiss. The kid told her he wanted to go to utah and being a POS that cares more about a few dollars than the kid's happiness, she signs for him, thinking that would be the end of it and he would have to go to olemiss.

This could be off base and the mother isn't what I described, but I have a hard time believing utah was the one duping olemiss. Everything surrounding olemiss is a huge ****ing drama, so they don't get the benefit of the doubt.

I don't think they were scamming anyone. I think they paid the mom and they thought she would come through for them. They better hope he ends up at Ole Miss and not Utah. They will have no control over what he says and does there. I know the NCAA has no real power to get a kid to talk but Utah might just as well tell the kid to come clean if he wants to play.

CJDAWG85
02-06-2014, 11:01 AM
Did OM let him out of his LOI?

Goat Holder
02-06-2014, 11:05 AM

It would be a very 'Freeze' thing to do to not let him out of it, and fight it. Watching that go down would be hilarious.

Goat Holder
02-06-2014, 11:07 AM
Hmmm, the Cam Newton rule in effect. Well, at the end of the day, Law himself shouldn't be punished. It really should be Ole Miss. Nothing can happen to his mother.

fishwater99
02-06-2014, 11:15 AM
They would be stupid to fight it when there is a video of Law putting on the Utah hat and signing his LOI to Utah...

I bet momma got paid and she isn't giving the Bears back their cash..
She forged his signature just like with Floyd Raven in 2011. He went to A&M.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=6084711

basedog
02-06-2014, 11:24 AM
I think he is a sign and place guy.

FlabLoser
02-06-2014, 11:25 AM

Mullen talked at length, saying that a kid needs to go where he wants to go.

It is so Ole Miss to trap recruits. Give relatives jobs, a house, furniture, money, etc so they can't say no. So why would a LOI be any different. Ole Miss is like the mob. Once you put a foot in, they won't let you out.

And that's how you get crootin victories that don't have wins to match the stars. You have talented people who would have rather picked somewhere else and thus aren't fully committed to winning.

RossDawg82
02-06-2014, 11:28 AM
Of course they are going to release him so he will stay quiet. I have never heard of this happening before and now it has happened two years in a row for the POS school. The first time can be construed as a simple mistake but when it happens a second time someone needs to start asking questions. Why is it all these mothers are dying for their sons to attend a school 1000 miles away from home?

Goat Holder
02-06-2014, 11:29 AM
It is so Ole Miss to trap recruits. Give relatives jobs, a house, furniture, money, etc so they can't say no. So why would a LOI be any different. Ole Miss is like the mob. Once you put a foot in, they won't let you out.

And that's how you get crootin victories that don't have wins to match the stars. You have talented people who would have rather picked somewhere else and thus aren't fully committed to winning.

This sums it up pretty well.

They won't suck (because they are getting talent), but they won't reach potential either. And if Freeze ever lets it get out of control, the house falls in. See Jackie and Nuttball.

mic
02-06-2014, 11:38 AM
Its a lose / lose for OM.
If they let him go they are basically admitting that they were involved in wrong doing.
If they fight to keep him. Utah has all the evidence they need and apparently are looking to roll with it.

OM and Freeze will spin it like Freeze is taking the high road and being the better man and letting DL go play where he wants to. He will blame the kid and and mother for being confused or making a mistake in the heat of the recruiting moment. That OM did nothing wrong and will wish him all the best.. That he was more than likely a sign and place and they were going to take care of him in juco.. blah blah blah..

I wouldn't look for Utah to press the issue if they do end up with Law. I Don't know and not accusing them of anything but Im sure they have "HELPED" the kid and his family a little out along the way thru the recruiting process.

quickstrike2
02-06-2014, 11:46 AM
Ole Miss just needs to continue to keep pissing people off. Georgia last year, Alabama over a few guys it seems, and now Utah when its clear Utah is in the right. I believe Georgia offered Mckenzie late this year only to really get back of them for Tunsil. It would just seem the more people you piss off that it would eventually catch up to you.

RossDawg82
02-06-2014, 11:48 AM
Freeze will let him out of his LOI and put out a statement that reads something to the effect of "we want kids to follow what the lord tells them and play where they want". Then they will spin as though Ole Miss was doing the right thing.