PDA

View Full Version : Time to start looking at the 2014 class as to how they fit

BeastMan
02-06-2014, 10:43 AM
Who are your Studs, Sleepers, and Immediate Impact players? http://3rdand57.com/msu-nsd-2014-2-studs-sleepers-and-immediate-impact-players/

pdawg10msu
02-06-2014, 10:54 AM
Great article!

BeastMan
02-06-2014, 11:13 AM
Great article!

Thanks. Who are your studs, sleepers, and Immediate Impact players?

hailmari
02-06-2014, 11:25 AM
Spot on with Rayford. I think he ultimately plays CB.. He always looked so natural in coverage when I watched him. He's the sleeper.

I wish his teammate, Curtis Akins, had a better head about him because that kid is a beast. Memphis might have a major steal in him.

BeastMan
02-06-2014, 03:20 PM
Spot on with Rayford. I think he ultimately plays CB.. He always looked so natural in coverage when I watched him. He's the sleeper.

I wish his teammate, Curtis Akins, had a better head about him because that kid is a beast. Memphis might have a major steal in him.

Ya, I've been high on Rayford since I saw video on him

chef dixon
02-06-2014, 03:28 PM
Bryant looks ridiculously fast to me on the football field relative to everyone else in his video.

defiantdog
02-06-2014, 03:30 PM
I honestly think Cory Thomas gets significant reps next year. Think of DT that has the size and speed as Chris Jones but not as raw. He was a force watching him play a few games at "Bo Jackson High School" this year. He won't be redshirted.

BeastMan
02-06-2014, 03:38 PM
I honestly think Cory Thomas gets significant reps next year. Think of DT that has the size and speed as Chris Jones but not as raw. He was a force watching him play a few games at "Bo Jackson High School" this year. He won't be redshirted.

See, I was torn on what to classify him so I just made note at the end to give credence to how big flipping him was. His offer sheet says he's a stud but his star rating says he's a sleeper. My take is that he has the tools to be elite but needs a couple years in the weight program and learning technique to make his splash.

Political Hack
02-06-2014, 04:08 PM
hard to argue with that list. I think staley may belong in the stud category though. I see him as more of a Logan Thomas type than a Cam Newton type though. I just don't ever see him trying to be an every down power runner down the stretch like Cam would have to do in some games. I think his arm will have to open up the run and not the other way around. And to be honest, from the QB spot, that's how I'd prefer it.

BeastMan
02-06-2014, 04:27 PM
No doubt Hack. I was just saying Mullen hasn't had that much raw talent since Cam. Not really saying he is Cam. I had him as sleeper solely b/c he was rated as a low 3 star. Crazy IMO

Political Hack
02-06-2014, 04:30 PM
I agree it's stupid for him to be a 3. Should've been a solid 4 at worst. He may have moved up if his season hadn't been shortened, but he should've been a four by last summer even. His size and raw athleticism alone is plenty enough to give him a four. He'll probably be drafted on measurables and arm strength alone coming out of college.