PDA

View Full Version : Lakers got down to 4 players tonight

Dawg61
02-06-2014, 01:52 AM
Started with 8 and Farmar and Young got hurt and then Kaman and Sacre fouled out. They were forced to leave Sacre in the game AFTER he had fouled out. Meaning every single foul they got would of resulted in 3 fouls. One on the player, one on the team and a technical foul. They didn't get another foul I think. They had to do this with over 3 minutes left in the game. And they still won. Un****ingbelievable. I love sports.

hacker
02-06-2014, 12:18 PM
What. I didn't know you could leave a player in after he fouled out, regardless. So if Lebron fouls out in a super important game, they can leave him in but risk 3 fouls?

Dawg61
02-06-2014, 06:52 PM
What. I didn't know you could leave a player in after he fouled out, regardless. So if Lebron fouls out in a super important game, they can leave him in but risk 3 fouls?

I didn't know you could do it either. Nobody did including the refs. They had to pull out the rule book. You can only do it if you've already absorbed your bench. They had nobody left to put in. Nash ended up changing his clothes to be able to go in but the game ended before he could and yes the Heat would get 3 fouls for every foul if that situation happened again. Doubt it ever happens again though.

hacker
02-06-2014, 07:08 PM
2 minutes left and all of a sudden, the whole bench goes down with game ending injuries, and now Lebron can't foul out and can play more aggressive?

A longshot, but kinda interesting scenario to think about.

Dawg61
02-06-2014, 07:43 PM
2 minutes left and all of a sudden, the whole bench goes down with game ending injuries, and now Lebron can't foul out and can play more aggressive?

A longshot, but kinda interesting scenario to think about.

It'd be a disaster for the Heat that resulted in 5 foul shots per foul. Wanna overcome a 15 point deficit in a minute? Just get 3 fouls called on the Heat resulting in 9 fouls. Would be hilarious though.