PDA

View Full Version : I keep waiting for signs of life from our basketball team

Irondawg
02-05-2014, 10:27 PM
And I swear it seems we are getting worse every time out. We look totally inept offensively.

cbrunt29
02-05-2014, 10:30 PM
And even worse defensively. Our guys look like they don't want to be out there at all.

messageboardsuperhero
02-05-2014, 10:39 PM
We just got our first FG in over ten minutes. We have stretches in every game where it is impossible to score- it is very painful to watch.

Dawg61
02-05-2014, 10:39 PM
And yet Ray refuses to play Moore and Bear. Cause what's on the floor is so good right.

TheDogFather
02-05-2014, 10:47 PM
And I swear it seems we are getting worse every time out. We look totally inept offensively.

Yeah. Just think how much worse off we would be if we had Stansbury.

preachermatt83
02-05-2014, 10:53 PM
We are def. getting worse.. We are playing worse right now than we have ever played.

BeardoMSU
02-05-2014, 10:57 PM
We are horrendous offensively, that's no secret. But what really drives me nuts is our inability to box out and limit teams to one shot...we have to be the worst team in the league at giving up offensive rebounds.

Our boys could learn a thing or two from.....

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr06/2013/8/1/16/anigif_enhanced-buzz-15353-1375388833-8.gif

whosyourdawgy
02-05-2014, 11:03 PM
We just stood around on offense and defense tonight. This is the first game I can say where they didn't play with effort. It was awful. Saw a couple of firsts tonight though. I have never seen a bank shot 3 from the corner like Sword made and I don't ever remember a team being down 20 and dribbling the clock out with over 20 seconds to go in the game?

msstate7
02-05-2014, 11:07 PM
Now with Saturdays beat down looming will this team quit for the season?

Dawg61
02-05-2014, 11:11 PM
We are def. getting worse.. We are playing worse right now than we have ever played.

It's is actually impossible to play worse than we did vs Vandy last year. We shot 17.5% fg for the game. We made 7 field goals the ENTIRE GAME. Vandy made 11 3's. We got out rebounded 47-13. We lost 72-31.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=330540344

BeardoMSU
02-05-2014, 11:16 PM
My god...I apparently forgot that one. That's beyond bad basketball; that's just putrid.

And Vandy was far from a good team. Just like A&M tonight. Getting blown out by sorry ass teams isn't fun....

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Lloyd-Christmas-Cry-and-Gag-Dumb-and-Dumber.gif

engie
02-05-2014, 11:20 PM
These last couple have been shitburgers. No two ways about it.

state66
02-05-2014, 11:29 PM
its not a phenomenon that we cant score anymore, weve just been figured out. take gavin and the paint out of the game and were ****ed shooting 3's. not hard to realize this.

TheDogFather
02-05-2014, 11:34 PM
Now with Saturdays beat down looming will this team quit for the season?

Quit? When did it start?

Dawg61
02-05-2014, 11:41 PM
I just want you to know I spent the last two minutes laughing hysterically at that GIF. Jim Carrey when he's on is one of the funniest humans ever.

BeardoMSU
02-06-2014, 12:18 AM
I just want you to know I spent the last two minutes laughing hysterically at that GIF. Jim Carrey when he's on is one of the funniest humans ever.

That's why I'm here, son.

http://i.imgur.com/5OknCxq.gif

JOHNHEVESYMADE
02-06-2014, 12:28 AM
Don't know why people are throwing jacoby Davis under the bus. Rick Ray compared him to Dee Bost. His first signee actually.

engie
02-06-2014, 12:34 AM
Don't know why people are throwing jacoby Davis under the bus. Rick Ray compared him to Dee Bost. His first signee actually.

Who is throwing Davis under the bus? I haven't seen that at all.

To me, it's all just growing pains at this point. I was not happy with Cohen when he lost to Jackson St in year 2 as well. However, there is no overarching conclusion to draw just yet...just acknowledge the shitburger and move on -- and look forward to year 3 where he either shits or gets off the pot.

Dawg61
02-06-2014, 12:34 AM

Did Davis play QB in high school? Maybe he was talking about football because it sure as shit ain't basketball.

engie
02-06-2014, 12:38 AM
Did Davis play QB in high school? Maybe he was talking about football because it sure as shit ain't basketball.

You pulling his scholly as well now?**

BeardoMSU
02-06-2014, 12:38 AM
Dee Bost? Why, because he plays the point guard position for MSU? I haven't heard him say that, and I hope I don't. Dee Bost was a play-maker the moment he stepped on campus. I haven't seen anything yet from Davis to make me think he's anywhere near the talent level as Dee was. I hope he proves me wrong, though.

Coach34
02-06-2014, 12:45 AM
. take gavin and the paint out of the game and were ****ed shooting 3's. not hard to realize this.

Interesting though that we are shooting over 38% from 3 during this losing streak- better than we have shot it all year.

Playing on the road is tough in the SEC- and we have played 3 of our last 4 on the road with Fla being at home. Tough stretch.

Road teams are 11-30 in the SEC the last 2+ weeks- and Kentucky and Fla have almost half of them

BeardoMSU
02-06-2014, 12:48 AM
Still doesn't detract from the fact that the SEC, from top to bottom, aside from maybe Florida and Ky (and I can only see Florida getting past the 2nd round of the dance), is a putrid basketball conference. The early 2000's seem so long ago....

Dawg61
02-06-2014, 01:18 AM
You pulling his scholly as well now?**

Absolutely and he ain't the only one I'm pulling. You wanna pay me a million dollars per season with a ton of other perks and you can guaran17ingtee I'm doing whatever it takes.

engie
02-06-2014, 01:22 AM
Absolutely and he ain't the only one I'm pulling. You wanna pay me a million dollars per season with a ton of other perks and you can guaran17ingtee I'm doing whatever it takes.

So, you are down to 6 already based on a couple of cold games from a couple of players. Sounds like you've got a surefire winning recipe that players would be beating down the door to play for**

Dawg61
02-06-2014, 01:33 AM
So, you are down to 6 already based on a couple of cold games from a couple of players. Sounds like you've got a surefire winning recipe that players would be beating down the door to play for**

How do you get 6? I ain't cutting them during THIS season. They can choose to try and earn their scholarship back next year as a walk-on or what I'm actually secretly hoping they'll do and just transfer. I'll even call a dozen smaller schools for them to try and get them in a better situation to succeed. I'm not going to be a heartless prick about it but again you can guaran17ingtee that come next season I will have better basketball players in Maroon & White than for sure Davis, Thomas and Bloodman and I might even add one of Ndoye, Black or Daniels to the list. I won't be sitting on my hands just hoping the players I've got will somehow figure out how to become SEC basketball players. I'll go get the SEC basketball players and I'll have a staff that can develop them. That's just me though.

mcdawg
02-06-2014, 04:58 AM

The only coach that I know who compared a player to Dee Bost was our last coaching staff - they said that Josh Grey (State signee) was going to be better than Dee Bost. The rest is history - we switched coaches and he is now at Odessa JC averaging 36.5 points/6.2 assists per game and signed with LSU. (Also, he shoots 50% from the field and 70% from the free throw line - much better than watching our present players "trying" to shoot.) Tried to watch our team play on tv last night but gave up after a few minutes - horrible to watch.

whosyourdawgy
02-06-2014, 09:51 AM
The only coach that I know who compared a player to Dee Bost was our last coaching staff - they said that Josh Grey (State signee) was going to be better than Dee Bost. The rest is history - we switched coaches and he is now at Odessa JC averaging 36.5 points/6.2 assists per game and signed with LSU. (Also, he shoots 50% from the field and 70% from the free throw line - much better than watching our present players "trying" to shoot.) Tried to watch our team play on tv last night but gave up after a few minutes - horrible to watch.

Wait. Josh Gray is back in JUCO? What happened to Texas Tech? He played there last season right? And he has signed with LSU already? Helluva player but as you can see by his path, a risk to bring to the team. He was all Bulldog then gone when Stans retired* Signed w TT, juco, and now LSU? He is better than anyone on our roster by a good bit and if he had stayed with us, maybe we wouldn't even have Bloodman or Davis.

Bloodman has actually progressed a little(don't look at last night cause he sucked) but Davis hasn't shown me jack shit. He can't dribble, he can't shoot worth a shit, he can't play D worth a shit. He brings absolutely nothing worth bringing to our team. I'd about rather have Cunningham in the game than him and that is pathetic. I have no problem with showing him other options after this season opening up another scholarship to go find a JUCO guy that scores over 20 a game somewhere. I don't care what else the guy does in JUCO. If he can score, sign him. Let me rephrase that. I want a JUCO guy that can shoot from outside 3 feet and make a shot consistently.