PDA

View Full Version : just got called about Utah/OM signee Dacorius Law

Coach34
02-05-2014, 10:06 PM
buddy I have is good friends with one of their staff. Here is what he said:

Utah had no idea OM was even in the damn picture and were under the impression he didnt visit Grenada Without The Lake on Jan 24th (I have no idea if he did or didnt). They thought it was a Utah/Tennessee battle. Dennis Erickson is the RB coach at Utah and was his recruiter.

The kid signed his papers and sent them in to Utah because that is where he wanted to go. He was even wearing a Utah hat for the signing. Papers got faxed to Utah. Next thing ya know, OM is claiming him. Momma, yes Momma, is all about OM (has she even been there before???). Come to find out, it appears that Law didnt sign his LOI to OM. Utah is going to fight this and has already notified the Pac-12 office on the matter.

This should get interesting.

You have the Law situation, Tee Shepard at the 11th hour, and Boudreax or whatever his name is in South La all having problems being involved with Ole Miss. Coincidence????

Political Hack
02-05-2014, 10:10 PM
they are stooping to new lows and if it's not reigned in, the entire thing is going to turn into a 3 m-ring circus... even more so than it already has.

Dawg61
02-05-2014, 10:11 PM
Would be hilarious if it's Utah that finally reveals Ole Miss. Mormons vs Freezus

Madkinmecrazy
02-05-2014, 10:16 PM
they are stooping to new lows and if it's not reigned in, the entire thing is going to turn into a 3 m-ring circus... even more so than it already has.

But I don't think this is a "low" anyone is stooping too. Either Ole Miss mistakenly thought they had gotten papers from him or he sent out multiple LOIs. OM has nothing to gain from claiming a fake recruit, in fact, its pretty embarrassing.

I think the whole situation is hilarious and makes OM/Law both look a little inept - but I don't see how this is some sort of new low (unless its an intellectual low).

I seen it dawg
02-05-2014, 10:20 PM
They are basically finding the mom or the player who will take the handout and having them convince the other to sign the papers. Some mommas (Godcheaux) or players (Law) aren't having it and it's backfiring. They are getting sloppy because the splash of last year has raised the expectations higher than they can attain again. Desperation ensues. It is a new low.

hells bells
02-05-2014, 10:21 PM

Utah had no idea OM was even in the damn picture and were under the impression he didnt visit Grenada Without The Lake on Jan 24th (I have no idea if he did or didnt). They thought it was a Utah/Tennessee battle. Dennis Erickson is the RB coach at Utah and was his recruiter.

The kid signed his papers and sent them in to Utah because that is where he wanted to go. He was even wearing a Utah hat for the signing. Papers got faxed to Utah. Next thing ya know, OM is claiming him. Momma, yes Momma, is all about OM (has she even been there before???). Come to find out, it appears that Law didnt sign his LOI to OM. Utah is going to fight this and has already notified the Pac-12 office on the matter.

You have the Law situation, Tee Shepard at the 11th hour, and Boudreax or whatever his name is in South La all having problems being involved with Ole Miss. Coincidence????

C34, agreed the Utah situation could be fun to watch. Tee, wish him well, but this type track record does not hold up at UTSUN for the player. Damn proud of our coaches and staff.

Coach34
02-05-2014, 10:22 PM
But I don't think this is a "low" anyone is stooping too. Either Ole Miss mistakenly thought they had gotten papers from him or he sent out multiple LOIs. OM has nothing to gain from claiming a fake recruit, in fact, its pretty embarrassing.

I think the whole situation is hilarious and makes OM/Law both look a little inept - but I don't see how this is some sort of new low (unless its an intellectual low).

Uhhh no. You arent understanding.

The kid doesnt live with Momma. Momma got a little somethin somethin to get the kid to OM. She signed his LOI- not him. She was supposed to "take care of it". Utah has him on video saying he is going to Utah- yet OM got a faxed and signed LOI.

Westdawg
02-05-2014, 10:25 PM
I have had some staffs out here I know that have dealt with Utah and BYU. From what I have heard about both schools before this incident , they work real hard at being in the up and up, but if one of their prospects is suspect of "unusual" dealings in recruiting the. Those schools are not the ppl to mess around with. You think Ole Miss circles the wagons and goes all out to search and destroy ? OM is child's play. Those guys don't talk outside of their circle and while OM alums and boosters make threats, those boys in Utah don't say it, they do it and nobody even knows what happened. I guarantee that if there is something dirty that happened and they want to find out, they will. OM, if something is up with this, is gonna soon find out that you can play MS games in and even a little around MS but when u go to another kids neighborhood the. You better play by their rules.

CadaverDawg
02-05-2014, 10:27 PM
Breaking: Freeze announces that he has Sister Wives to try and sway Utah recruit. Recruit is apparently the brother-in-law of a 2017 stud Samoan Lineman. Freeze reportedly is expected to divorce additional wives once said Mormon is "hepped out and in da boat". More at 10.

Madkinmecrazy
02-05-2014, 10:28 PM
Uhhh no. You arent understanding.

The kid doesnt live with Momma. Momma got a little somethin somethin to get the kid to OM. She signed his LOI- not him. She was supposed to "take care of it". Utah has him on video saying he is going to Utah- yet OM got a faxed and signed LOI.

The fact that he doesn't live with momma would have been nice - as well as the fact that you apparently know that she forged the LOI (which may well be true, but wasn't noted).

I don't know what's going on either.... I just think its a bit farfetched (even for OM) to try to pay for a 3 star player that is a long-shot a qualifying.

There's some other weirdness going on here, like maybe momma didn't want her kid going to school 2000 miles away.

Coach34
02-05-2014, 10:31 PM
The fact that he doesn't live with momma would have been nice - as well as the fact that you apparently know that she forged the LOI (which may well be true, but wasn't noted).

I don't know what's going on either.... I just think its a bit farfetched (even for OM) to try to pay for a 3 star player that is a long-shot a qualifying.

There's some other weirdness going on here, like maybe momma didn't want her kid going to school 2000 miles away.

You might have a case for that if OM wasnt in 3 separate incidents with kids today- that becomes more than "coincidence"

Maroonthirteen
02-05-2014, 10:32 PM
Oh snap! Let there be a forged LOI. I think that might just do it. I hope.

EAVdog
02-05-2014, 10:33 PM
Same thing Floyd Raven's Momma did. Funny thing is Freeze thought they had gotten Godchaux but LSU must have had Momma locked up.

Political Hack
02-05-2014, 10:34 PM

It's looks as if Law signed with Utah. Not with OM. That means someone else forged his name on the paper and sent it in. Law was on tape with a Utah hat on signing his papers for Utah. it's not hard to see that and OM release him. the fact that they haven't straightened it out yet is an embarrassment. If they continue to fight for him after he signed with Utah... it's a HUGE new low.

hell, maybe next year we should just sign and send in some LOIs for all the 5 stars.

mic
02-05-2014, 10:36 PM
maybe they will claim they flipped a guy who has signed a LOI with another school..

Madkinmecrazy
02-05-2014, 10:36 PM
You might have a case for that if OM wasnt in 3 separate incidents with kids today- that becomes more than "coincidence"

To be fair, the Godcheaux (or whatever the hell his name is) thing was the reverse of that. By your logic, LSU must have paid momma for that one and OM is the victim.

And Tee was an Ole Miss lean until December. I'm not saying there wasn't any funny business there, but its certainly not obvious.

Either way, this whole OM/Utah thing is some funny shit - however it happened.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-05-2014, 10:39 PM
Dennis Erickson, as in the one from Miami? If so and Dan Werner was involved, no telling what went down.

Madkinmecrazy
02-05-2014, 10:40 PM
It's looks as if Law signed with Utah. Not with OM. That means someone else forged his name on the paper and sent it in. Law was on tape with a Utah hat on signing his papers for Utah. it's not hard to see that and OM release him. the fact that they haven't straightened it out yet is an embarrassment. If they continue to fight for him after he signed with Utah... it's a HUGE new low.

hell, maybe next year we should just sign and send in some LOIs for all the 5 stars.

It is a sure embarrassment, and I bet it'll be straightened out by tomorrow. I was more referring to "low" as implying some sort of cheating, which I just don't think is the case in this one. It really doesn't matter, everything I've seen about the kid makes it seem like he's going JUCO anyway, but at least OM looks like a dumbass.

Coach34
02-05-2014, 10:44 PM
To be fair, the Godcheaux (or whatever the hell his name is) thing was the reverse of that. By your logic, LSU must have paid momma for that one and OM is the victim.

And Tee was an Ole Miss lean until December. I'm not saying there wasn't any funny business there, but its certainly not obvious.

You need to read I Seen It's post again

mic
02-05-2014, 10:44 PM
Dennis Erickson, as in the one from Miami? If so and Dan Werner was involved, no telling what went down.

yes that Coach Erickson..

Todd4State
02-05-2014, 10:47 PM
I saw where this Law kid also double.um...triple signed with East Mississippi CC.

CadaverDawg
02-05-2014, 10:48 PM
It is a sure embarrassment, and I bet it'll be straightened out by tomorrow. I was more referring to "low" as implying some sort of cheating, which I just don't think is the case in this one. It really doesn't matter, everything I've seen about the kid makes it seem like he's going JUCO anyway, but at least OM looks like a dumbass.

Not jumping on you, but your posts in this thread are an example of things OM people do not say about MSU. In other words, why are you trying so hard to show how something may not have been done in a shady way, when there are multiple examples of shadiness on the same day today by OM? Again, not bashing you or even asking you to answer these questions....I'm just wondering why State fans feel the need to try and defend OM. They have plenty of minions that run from board to board defending everything negative about OM, so they definitely don't need help from us.

I understand pointing out obviously flaws in an argument, where you can easily tell someone is spinning the truth to show bias. But in this case, it's not like that. OM had (once again) their hands on some shady shit regarding recruiting. Why can't we just leave it at that, and let their coaches, fans, and lawyers do their own damn defending.

I've just always wondered why we have fans that go out of their way to try and find some way of justifying obvious bullshit to help defend OM antics. Just makes me scratch my head.

mic
02-05-2014, 10:48 PM

Lean, favorite, top 3, whatever.. tell me the last time a kid committed on a Sunday then signed a LOI 3 days later.. Come on man..

Esmerelda Villalobos
02-05-2014, 10:50 PM

The best part is yancy told the flock they "dropped" mckenzie and alexander bc of law and tee. 2 guys yancy said has no shot of qualifying. I shit you not. Drop guys that can get into stanford or vandy for guys that cant pass high school.

Madkinmecrazy
02-05-2014, 10:51 PM

I did read it, and I think it's bullshit. Well meaning and rose colored bullshit, but still bullshit.

Whenever something weird happens with Ole Miss recruiting, we (and especially you) cry cheating and use some "buddy" that is "friends" with someone on OMs staff as a source (or something equally as unbelievable). Crying cheating every time something goes well for OM or goes poorly for us bullshit and a total bitch move unless its substantiated. The LA kid's mom not letting him choose OM doesn't mean OM cheated. Law's mom wanting him to go to OM doesn't mean OM cheated. It means you are trying to think of reasons to talk shit about OM on something we don't know anything about.

We don't need to talk shit about OM about things we don't know, we do our talking on Thanksgiving day.

mic
02-05-2014, 10:52 PM
Not jumping on you, but your posts in this thread are an example of things OM people do not say about MSU. In other words, why are you trying so hard to show how something may not have been done in a shady way, when there are multiple examples of shadiness on the same day today by OM? Again, not bashing you or even asking you to answer these questions....I'm just wondering why State fans feel the need to try and defend OM. They have plenty of minions that run from board to board defending everything negative about OM, so they definitely don't need help from us.

I understand pointing out obviously flaws in an argument, where you can easily tell someone is spinning the truth to show bias. But in this case, it's not like that. OM had (once again) their hands on some shady shit regarding recruiting. Why can't we just leave it at that, and let their coaches, fans, and lawyers do their own damn defending.

I've just always wondered why we have fans that go out of their way to try and find some way of justifying obvious bullshit to help defend OM antics. Just makes me scratch my head.

This^^^^^

CadaverDawg
02-05-2014, 10:54 PM
I did read it, and I think it's bullshit. Well meaning and rose colored bullshit, but still bullshit.

Whenever something weird happens with Ole Miss recruiting, we (and especially you) cry cheating and use some "buddy" that is "friends" with someone on OMs staff as a source (or something equally as unbelievable). Crying cheating every time something goes well for OM or goes poorly for us bullshit and a total bitch move unless its substantiated. The LA kid's mom not letting him choose OM doesn't mean OM cheated. Law's mom wanting him to go to OM doesn't mean OM cheated. It means you are trying to think of reasons to talk shit about OM on something we don't know anything about.

We don't need to talk shit about OM about things we don't know, we do our talking on Thanksgiving day.

It also doesn't mean they AREN'T doing it. Which you are just as strongly trying to defend the other side of. Your going overboard in defending them with no evidence, is no better or worse than what Coach is doing. Neither of you have proof behind the scenes, but at least Coach has the actual shady shit that happened today in his corner. How is it any different?

Esmerelda Villalobos
02-05-2014, 10:54 PM

We can talk shit all we want. That is the point of this board. You can leave if you dont like it.

smootness
02-05-2014, 10:56 PM
All I know is, in the whole time I've been following recruiting, I've heard of multiple LOIs being sent, or of a LOI being sent without a parent's signature, 3 times. Floyd Raven, Davon Godcheaux, and Dacorius Law. Hmm, what is the common denominator in all 3 cases?

Obviously I keep up with Ole Miss' recruiting more than most, but I do pay attention to national recruiting, and I can't think of any other time I've ever heard of this happening.

And we heard rumors after the fact of them trying to run an end-around with Chris Jones last year and get his dad to sign his LOI and send it in without his mother's knowledge. And you have all the Robert Elliott rumors. It's what makes statements from Freeze like the 'we didn't want to muddy the waters with Tee Shepard, we told him we would only continue to pursue if he wanted it' laughable. They try any and every way they can to sneak into situations.

Regardless, this whole LOI deal is clearly something they actively try to do.

mic
02-05-2014, 10:57 PM

Do you think Coach34 just made shit up about momma not living with kid. Or Utah staff has him on tape signing the LOI , or him telling the staff he wants to come there, or the LOI that OM has may be a little shady with the signatures.??
Basically Utah is saying something went down...

Madkinmecrazy
02-05-2014, 10:57 PM

His post is bullshit.

Stop worrying about OM unless we have something on them. Laugh that they look like dumbasses.

And lets win in November.

CadaverDawg
02-05-2014, 11:00 PM
His post is bullshit.

Stop worrying about OM.

Says the guy that just spent an entire thread defending them. Seems like you are awfully worried about them. And I think your posts in this thread are bull shit.

I like you, and I hope you stick around, but your posts in this thread and overall viewpoint on this is MakingMeCrazy*

Madkinmecrazy
02-05-2014, 11:01 PM

I see your point - I am getting a little riled up over this.

Truth is, I'm sick of our fan base simply throwing out bullshit all the time and hoping it sticks trying to make ourselves feel better. We don't need to make shit up or cry "cheater" every time something happens outside of our program. Let's focus on ourselves and stop whining.

mic
02-05-2014, 11:03 PM

Truth is, I'm sick of our fan base simply throwing out bullshit all the time and hoping it sticks trying to make ourselves feel better. We don't need to make shit up or cry "cheater" every time something happens outside of our program. Let's focus on ourselves and stop whining.

you don't get it... what are we making up.?? This has nothing to do with us.. THE UNIVERSITY OF UTAH is pissed about this..

I seen it dawg
02-05-2014, 11:05 PM
Nm

CadaverDawg
02-05-2014, 11:06 PM

I don't think our fan base is throwing out bull shit at all. Did you keep up with shit today at all?? Is any of that shit strange to you?? Some of us are just trying to make sense of shady shit, and defending our program. Their is nothing "crying" about that. In fact, I would say people that just lay down and get run over are showing a ***** mentality instead. State fans aren't making up the double LOI signings, the Tee Shephard last second flip, the strange godchaux thing, etc. we are just discussing it and trying to make sense of it.

"Making up shit" is what those screen shots of Yancy's comments were examples of. So maybe you should point that finger at the ones actually "making up shit". Or just keep laying down and being a push over your whole life and see how far that gets you

Madkinmecrazy
02-05-2014, 11:06 PM
you don't get it... what are we making up.?? This has nothing to do with us.. THE UNIVERSITY OF UTAH is pissed about this..

Coach seems to think that this proves (according to sources) that OM cheated on Law, Tee, and that cajun from LSU.

But you're right, this pissed Utah off. Which is EXACTLY why I don't think we should be giving a damn.

messageboardsuperhero
02-05-2014, 11:10 PM

I agree with this.

Whether or not there was foul play in all this by UM, I don't see why we should jump to defend them. Do they defend us or give us the benefit of the doubt in similar situations? **** no, they put us down every opportunity they get.

I'll start playing nice with UM as soon as they quit putting us down.

BearBehindEnemyLines
02-05-2014, 11:11 PM
If Utah didn't understand that Ole Miss was even in the game for DJ Law then they deserve to be left in the dark! DJ Law visited Ole Miss on the Jan. 24th weekend and went on record in an interview with multiple sites saying Ole Miss was his leader. That was weeks leading up to signing day. Ole Miss sources(and no I don't do Yancy's bullshit) believed he dropped Utah for Tennessee several weeks back!

I have no idea what happened here. Baffles me. Utah doesn't know what's going on either. The kid said in an interview TONIGHT that he signed papers himself to EMCC and Ole Miss YESTERDAY and gave them to his family. They mailed it in. TODAY he changed his mind and wanted to go to Utah. He was never expected to do that and I don't think the kid understood that he couldn't do that.... One of the weirdest stories I've ever seen.

Ps. - congrats on getting Cory Thomas and keeping Jamoral Graham, Gerri Green, and especially Aeris Williams. All 3 will be studs in Mullen's and Collin's systems. Williams might be one of the best backs on the roster when he gets on campus.

CadaverDawg
02-05-2014, 11:11 PM
Coach seems to think that this proves (according to sources) that OM cheated on Law, Tee, and that cajun from LSU.

But you're right, this pissed Utah off. Which is EXACTLY why I don't think we should be giving a damn.

Tee Shephard was COMMITTED TO US 24 hours ago. And Ole miss is our in-state rival. For God sakes man, if you can't see how this could possibly be relevant on this board, what the **** do you want to discuss?

MAROOOOOON!!11! WHIIIIIITE!!11! Let's ignore the events of today and just cheer and share ringtones

CadaverDawg
02-05-2014, 11:14 PM
If Utah didn't understand that Ole Miss was even in the game for DJ Law then they deserve to be left in the dark! DJ Law visited Ole Miss on the Jan. 24th weekend and went on record in an interview with multiple sites saying Ole Miss was his leader. That was weeks leading up to signing day. Ole Miss sources(and no I don't do Yancy's bullshit) believed he dropped Utah for Tennessee several weeks back!

I have no idea what happened here. Baffles me. Utah doesn't know what's going on either. The kid said in an interview TONIGHT that he signed papers himself to EMCC and Ole Miss YESTERDAY and gave them to his family. They mailed it in. TODAY he changed his mind and wanted to go to Utah. He was never expected to do that and I don't think the kid understood that he couldn't do that.... One of the weirdest stories I've ever seen.

Ps. - congrats on getting Cory Thomas and keeping Jamoral Graham, Gerri Green, and especially Aeris Williams. All 3 will be studs in Mullen's and Collin's systems. Williams might be one of the best backs on the roster when he gets on campus.

Sorry, but MadkinMeCrazy has you guys covered. I may or may not speak for everyone when I say that I truly don't want to see posts from a "Bear behind enemy lines"...especially today...and especially trying to defend the garbage BS your program constantly pulls. If I had the authority.....You Gone.

Thanks for the final paragraph though. You should have led with it AND ended with it

I seen it dawg
02-05-2014, 11:15 PM

Then why are you raising so much hell about it? You're coming off as an OM apologist which today is prob not the day for it. You act like every single poster says they cheat for every recruit when we don't get one. The great majority of posts today haven't been about that. Why are you in such piss and vinegar mode about it? Are you really a rebel troll?

Political Hack
02-05-2014, 11:15 PM
ban hammer the bear Cadaver. you have permission.

Coach34
02-05-2014, 11:16 PM

wtf are you talking about? I've never once claimed to be friends with someone on Ole Miss coaching staff. I do however know someone that has friends on the Utah staff. Having a father that was a coach and then becoming one myself, allowed me to meet quite a few mf'ing people over the years.

I guess I just made up the incidents that OM had today. They are the only ******* school in the country that had this kind if problem today. The only one. Which amazingly- fits their M.O. I don't make shit up- I relay things that are being said and passed around. Just like Quay- I told the board awhile back he wasn't on scholarship anymore- and today he signed with another school. It caught quite a few people off guard.

Now go **** yourself

Madkinmecrazy
02-05-2014, 11:18 PM
Guys, want to apologize for the comments earlier on this one.

Celebratory bourbons were had after work today, and I got a little heated and may have been partially incoherent in this thread.

I'm just a little upset that we seem to enjoy speculating about what OM may or may not have done more than we have talked about how great I think we did.

On that note, I'm going to bed.

CadaverDawg
02-05-2014, 11:19 PM

If you guys would allow me that power, I would. I can lock threads but can't ban anyone. I would love to be the one to drop it though, so...Slick, Coach...

Will you allow me to...

http://media2.giphy.com/media/kgKrO1A3JbWTK/giphy.gif

I seen it dawg
02-05-2014, 11:20 PM

Celebratory bourbons were had after work today, and I got a little heated and may have been partially incoherent in this thread.

I'm just a little upset that we seem to enjoy speculating about what OM may or may not have done more than we have talked about how great I think we did.

Probably the best ****ing move you could make today dickhead.

I seen it dawg
02-05-2014, 11:21 PM
If you guys would allow me that power, I would. I can lock threads but can't ban anyone. I would love to be the one to drop it though, so...Slick, Coach...

Will you allow me to...

http://media2.giphy.com/media/kgKrO1A3JbWTK/giphy.gif

He gone already.

mic
02-05-2014, 11:21 PM

You don't have to try and defend what happened to us. Maybe you should copy and send this post to the Pac 12 commission and tell them your side of the story. Because from the sound of things The Utes are in full court press mode..

CadaverDawg
02-05-2014, 11:22 PM

It's not "speculating" if the shit actually happened today.

Coach34
02-05-2014, 11:24 PM

No. I'm telling what Utah said about Law. All I did was point out that they had other signing day issues today as well. That is unprecedented

Esmerelda Villalobos
02-05-2014, 11:27 PM

Well......bye

mic
02-05-2014, 11:28 PM
Well I'll be damned.. Looks like Om is about to back of Law and let him go where he wants to..
That was quick...

Esmerelda Villalobos
02-05-2014, 11:29 PM

I laughed

Esmerelda Villalobos
02-05-2014, 11:31 PM
Well I'll be damned.. Looks like Om is about to back of Law and let him go where he wants to..
That was quick...

Yancy said OM can hold him to his loi but they will let him go. Serious.

Dawg61
02-05-2014, 11:35 PM

Which one?

PMDawg
02-05-2014, 11:36 PM

True colors showing

Coach34
02-05-2014, 11:37 PM
Yancy said OM can hold him to his loi but they will let him go. Serious.

Wellllll, why wont they if nothing funny occurred?

mic
02-05-2014, 11:40 PM
Can CSI Elite Dawgs take credit for this going down so quickly.?? Thread was made at around 9pm less than 2 hours later Law looks Utah bound...

Coach34
02-05-2014, 11:43 PM
Can CSI Elite Dawgs take credit for this going down so quickly.?? Thread was made at around 9pm less than 2 hours later Law looks Utah bound...

no no Mic- I'm "just making shit up"

LiterallyPolice
02-05-2014, 11:44 PM

Damn. Some dude has a reasonable, dissenting opinion and he gets ganged up on by the mods.

Some shady shit went down in Oxford today. Same story, different day. The real question is are they being unbelievably brazen/stupid? Or do they know they can get away with it and are using to to their advantage? I don't know the answer, but I'm leaning toward the latter.

Coach34
02-05-2014, 11:49 PM
Damn. Some dude has a reasonable, dissenting opinion and he gets ganged up on by the mods.

No, dude should not be an idiot and accuse one of the mods of making shit up- especially when just now OM is going to drop the guy- and that supports exactly wtf I was saying

LiterallyPolice
02-06-2014, 12:06 AM
No, dude should not be an idiot and accuse one of the mods of making shit up- especially when just now OM is going to drop the guy- and that supports exactly wtf I was saying

Yeah, the part where he questioned your source was out of line. But his overall message was that there is no PROOF of cheating. And that was met with troll accusations and people calling for a ban. I just thought it was a bit over the top. And I admit, I understand where he's coming from.

Coach34
02-06-2014, 12:28 AM
Yeah, the part where he questioned your source was out of line. But his overall message was that there is no PROOF of cheating. And that was met with troll accusations and people calling for a ban. I just thought it was a bit over the top. And I admit, I understand where he's coming from.

Lets look at it another way:

I make the OP- and he doesnt come in here defending OM.

There would have probably been a few more posts made and it getting pointed out that they had 3 separate incidents today- which was unprecedented. By 10:40 or so it comes out that OM is dropping the guy- which completely jives with what I posted. Because we all know if OM thought it was legitimate, they wouldnt have just given a signee to Utah. And we are looking at what- 20 posts max in the thread?

Todd4State
02-06-2014, 12:42 AM
LOL. They "let this kid do what he wanted" because if they didn't, this would have become a national story- and that's the last thing that they want. ESPN digging around "how this could have happened" would be embarrassing for them even if this was on the up and up. That- and maybe Utah really does have some stroke. I guess there are more Mormans in Indianapolis than I thought about.

No matter how "rational" some of our fans want to be- there is no doubt that there has been some crazy things happening in Oxford the past two years regarding recruiting.

1. Recruitapalooza last year with Treadwell flashing Benjamin's on twitter.

2. Recruits surrounded with lots of women hanging off of them. And when I say "women" I mean not your typical college girl.

3. The sexual assault this year.

4. LOI-gate this year.

5. Chris Jones being interviewed about Recruitapalooza.

If we're actually being rationale here- anyone can see the pattern here. There is documented evidence of every single incident I mentioned. Whether they eventually fry over it or not- I don't know. But I have no doubt that whatever happens to them- their activity will eventually ruin them whether it's from the NCAA or the prima donna's running the asylum.

CadaverDawg
02-06-2014, 12:58 AM
LOL. They "let this kid do what he wanted" because if they didn't, this would have become a national story- and that's the last thing that they want. ESPN digging around "how this could have happened" would be embarrassing for them even if this was on the up and up. That- and maybe Utah really does have some stroke. I guess there are more Mormans in Indianapolis than I thought about.

No matter how "rational" some of our fans want to be- there is no doubt that there has been some crazy things happening in Oxford the past two years regarding recruiting.

2. Recruits surrounded with lots of women hanging off of them. And when I say "women" I mean not your typical college girl.

4. LOI-gate this year.

If we're actually being rationale here- anyone can see the pattern here. There is documented evidence of every single incident I mentioned. Whether they eventually fry over it or not- I don't know. But I have no doubt that whatever happens to them- their activity will eventually ruin them whether it's from the NCAA or the prima donna's running the asylum.

Very well put

fishwater99
02-06-2014, 01:08 AM
Good post.
I'm sick and tired of some of our fans defending the bears..

Wake up people.

LiterallyPolice
02-06-2014, 01:56 AM
Good post.
I'm sick and tired of some of our fans defending the bears..

Wake up people.

I certainly wasn't defending the bears. I'm defending MSU. When MSU fans cry "Cheater!" over and over and nothing ever comes of it, it makes my school and its fans seem like a bunch of sore losers who are making excuses.

To be clear: I'm not claiming they don't cheat. I'm claiming that no one seems to care but us... So maybe we shouldn't care.

RougeDawg
02-06-2014, 02:08 AM

What country do you live in? Since when has forging anything been legal in the lower 48? Or the other 9 (according to Obama and our 57 states).

dawgs
02-06-2014, 02:15 AM

Oxford is 750 miles away. Like an 11-12 hour drive. Not like she wanted him at USF or UCF or something. Neither school is close to home.

RougeDawg
02-06-2014, 02:17 AM

hush.........

Todd4State
02-06-2014, 02:18 AM
I certainly wasn't defending the bears. I'm defending MSU. When MSU fans cry "Cheater!" over and over and nothing ever comes of it, it makes my school and its fans seem like a bunch of sore losers who are making excuses.

To be clear: I'm not claiming they don't cheat. I'm claiming that no one seems to care but us... So maybe we shouldn't care.

Georgia sure seemed to care about losing Tunsil last year.

That said, most probably "don't care" because people like Alabama know that the reason why they aren't taking the guys that they "steal" from them have character issues for the most part. Let's be honest here- when you can have most any 4-5 star guy you want, there has to be a way to eliminate and differentiate. That's when "character issues" comes into play.

There's a reason why Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Florida State, etc. are always in the top 20 every single year and why Ole Miss is in the Music City Bowl at best every year despite similar recruiting rankings.

Todd4State
02-06-2014, 02:21 AM
Oxford is 750 miles away. Like an 11-12 hour drive. Not like she wanted him at USF or UCF or something. Neither school is close to home.

Come to think of it, I'd probably rather fly to Utah than drive to Oxford from Florida when given a choice based strictly on travel options.

Not to mention the fact that Salt Lake City has a pretty big airport near their campus and for Ole Miss, you would probably have to fly into Memphis and then drive 50 miles.

HailState39110
02-06-2014, 06:50 AM
In the past year Tee has committed to Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Holmes CC, Miss St, and Ole Miss and just last month said he was going to JuCO in Cali this season. Dude is a flake. He will fit in well in Oxford

M.Fillmore
02-06-2014, 09:01 AM
Urban Meyers was/is PO'ed over Paidwell. Urban cares.

Political Hack
02-06-2014, 09:13 AM
Ohio State over Treadwell
UGA over Tunsil
Bama over Hill (who they still got)
FSU over Golson
Texas over someone... can't remember who.
Utah over this...
State over... everyone.

People are paying attention.

Saltydog
02-06-2014, 09:15 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/florida-athlete-d-j-law-signs-three-schools-021440664--ncaaf.html

BogeyGolfer
02-06-2014, 09:25 AM
Cadaver is now a MOD... smh....

thf24
02-06-2014, 09:25 AM
In the past year Tee has committed to Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Holmes CC, Miss St, and Ole Miss and just last month said he was going to JuCO in Cali this season. Dude is a flake. He will fit in well in Oxford

This is why I think he probably doesn't end up there. No doubt that if he wants to go to Ole Miss in August that they'll get him in. But if he has second thoughts about his last-minute decision or wants to go back to Cali, or just gets tired of the 21 hour semester followed by a 9 hour summer, he has an easy out. That's not bias either, the same would have been just as likely had he signed with us.

Deltadawg420
02-06-2014, 09:37 AM
I love EliteDawgs!!!

Really Clark?
02-06-2014, 09:46 AM
You a little mad? It must be ahorrible... life you live, I mean to be a bully and all you talk about is THE university of mississippi? What the hell? If it weren't for om this would be one huge f bomb blog...hotty toddy.....#hailno

When ya have a signing day without recruits sending multiple LOI to different schools and one of your flips from us is All SEC, then we will talk. Otherwise take all you want because they haven't done ya'll much good. Except waste time and resources. On second thought, keep it up. 4 of the last 5.

hells bells
02-06-2014, 09:46 AM

4. LOI-gate this year.

My sister in Atlanta called me early this morning. This story has gone national I Think. She heard about it this morning on her drive in on sports radio. Too much crapola happening at one school and needs to be looked into. Seriously, The Tee thing does not bother me. Let him go.

cheewgumm
02-06-2014, 09:53 AM
"You mad bro?" Or any iteration should be outlawed and anyone who uses it should be flogged.

hells bells
02-06-2014, 09:54 AM
Off with head. Ban

fishwater99
02-06-2014, 10:11 AM

This is not the first time this has happened. They cheat in Oxford. Pay momma and daddy to get their son.

Ever hear of Floyd Raven in 2011. His momma forged his name on his LOI b/c she got paid.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=6084711

There's a video of Law signing his LOI to Utah. I think it's pretty obvious what happened here.. $$

notsofarawaydawg
02-06-2014, 10:16 AM

Some shady shit went down in Oxford today. Same story, different day. The real question is are they being unbelievably brazen/stupid? Or do they know they can get away with it and are using to to their advantage? I don't know the answer, but I'm leaning toward the latter.

This is a bear/shark/whatever they are FREE ZONE .. **** them and their shenanigans and anyone who sympathizes with their screwups. The $$$ were talking in this instance and mama now won't get her check because Freeze and gang screwed themselves.

Brahmabull
02-06-2014, 10:27 AM
Not to mention, they had to go to AL to get Golson after Holidays b/c he wasn't coming back. They have a freaking dumpster fire going on up there. They scramble left and right just to keep the thing from blowing up like dynamite. Kimdickie is out of control. They have recruits at a house were something bad happened b/t a player and a girl. They have former 5 stars complaining about their salary. They supposedly have another great class, yet they are scrambling at the final hours offering our guys and USM commits all kinds of things. They send LOI's out all over the country to players, their live in parents, their non live in parents.

sandwolf
02-06-2014, 10:42 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/florida-athlete-d-j-law-signs-three-schools-021440664--ncaaf.html

Haha the opening line of this article made me laugh:

Florida athlete D.J. Law made the most of his national signing day by signing with three schools.

Jack Lambert
02-06-2014, 10:48 AM
I have had some staffs out here I know that have dealt with Utah and BYU. From what I have heard about both schools before this incident , they work real hard at being in the up and up, but if one of their prospects is suspect of "unusual" dealings in recruiting the. Those schools are not the ppl to mess around with. You think Ole Miss circles the wagons and goes all out to search and destroy ? OM is child's play. Those guys don't talk outside of their circle and while OM alums and boosters make threats, those boys in Utah don't say it, they do it and nobody even knows what happened. I guarantee that if there is something dirty that happened and they want to find out, they will. OM, if something is up with this, is gonna soon find out that you can play MS games in and even a little around MS but when u go to another kids neighborhood the. You better play by their rules.

To prove your point remember this?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20130925/spencer-hadley-byu/

They do not play around out there. You have to know the history of the morman church to understand why they fight like they do.

blacklistedbully
02-06-2014, 10:57 AM

Disagree. He said his piece once and nobody got over-heated. He said it twice, and nobody got over-heated. But he kept on and on and on about it, got particularly insulting to Coach and got on damn near everybody's last nerve because he was trying so damn hard to defend ole Miss on a board that supposed to be free of that crap.

LiterallyPolice
02-06-2014, 11:07 AM
Ohio State over Treadwell
UGA over Tunsil
Bama over Hill (who they still got)
FSU over Golson
Texas over someone... can't remember who.
Utah over this...
State over... everyone.

People are paying attention.

Well, either all these teams don't really care or they can't prove Ole Miss cheated. Which is it?
How big is this list going to get before Ole Miss is actually penalized?

I guess the NCAA could have something in the works, but if that were the case, wouldn't Ole Miss stop the shenanigans this year?

TheRef
02-06-2014, 11:14 AM
"You mad bro?" Or any iteration should be outlawed and anyone who uses it should be flogged.

U mad, bro?
http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130329210056/erashinobionline/images/1/1a/U_mad_bro_by_zombieatnight-d3ahn40.jpg

RougeDawg
02-06-2014, 11:26 AM
Well, either all these teams don't really care or they can't prove Ole Miss cheated. Which is it?

I guess the NCAA could have something in the works, but if that were the case, wouldn't Ole Miss stop the shenanigans this year?

The NCAA is a complete cluster**** when it comes to investigating. They don't investigate allegations like Legal entities do. Someone can be convicted in a court of law if enough, not all, circumstantial evidence shows they committed the crime. The NCAA needs EVERY shred of evidence connecting dots A through Z. If they know A-L and N-Z happened but conning get someone to squeal on point M, to connect all dots, they do nothing. As is the case with CJ Johnson. The NCAA knows everything they need to punish OM except one key piece of evidence that someone won't tell. It's not against the law to not tell the ncaa the truth. That's the real problem. Let me be elected to a state position and I'll change that law along with rogue agent bs.

DLGDawg
02-06-2014, 11:36 AM

From the article
"but notes that he double-signed with Ole Miss. Obviously, this is a failsafe in case his grades don?t come through"

Hahahahahahha

blacklistedbully
02-06-2014, 12:36 PM
The NCAA is a complete cluster**** when it comes to investigating. They don't investigate allegations like Legal entities do. Someone can be convicted in a court of law if enough, not all, circumstantial evidence shows they committed the crime. The NCAA needs EVERY shred of evidence connecting dots A through Z. If they know A-L and N-Z happened but conning get someone to squeal on point M, to connect all dots, they do nothing. As is the case with CJ Johnson. The NCAA knows everything they need to punish OM except one key piece of evidence that someone won't tell. It's not against the law to not tell the ncaa the truth. That's the real problem. Let me be elected to a state position and I'll change that law along with rogue agent bs.

Actually, one of the big problems with the NCAA is they really don't seem to have "hard-and-fast-rules" governing who they choose to investigate. They have unloaded on some programs with little more than rumor and $100 handshakes, then let others go that have obviously committed major infractions. It seems to me, they will use any tiny loophole they can if they really don't want to take on a university at any given time.

Todd4State
02-06-2014, 12:40 PM

It took them a couple of years to get done with USCw. And most schools don't give the public a play by play of their investigation like we do.

Madkinmecrazy
02-06-2014, 04:31 PM
Things got out of control last night. Drunkenly reading message boards makes for bad comprehension.

As the smoke clears, I would like to point out a few facts that have come to light:

1. Law lives with his mother. The mother had no idea the LOI to Utah existed.
2. It appears that neither LOI was forged - one was signed by the mother and one was signed by the father. According to him, his father is "taking care of his affairs."

I still have no idea what happened, but its looking like his/his family's stupidity played a major role in the shenanigans. I still stand by my position that claiming that this is proof that Ole Miss is paying a family member is total bullshit (even when coupled with the kid who signed with LSU and Tee). Not saying it doesn't happen, but still saying that I think claims without proof (and coincidence isn't really proof) make us look like a bunch of whiners.

That being said, I hope to never mention DJ Law's name again, which is likely considering I don't give a shit about PAC12 football.

Original48
02-06-2014, 04:34 PM
It took them a couple of years to get done with USCw. And most schools don't give the public a play by play of their investigation like we do.
This was funny..and not..all at the same time.

blacklistedbully
02-06-2014, 04:55 PM
Things got out of control last night. Drunkenly reading message boards makes for bad comprehension.

As the smoke clears, I would like to point out a few facts that have come to light:

2. It appears that neither LOI was forged - one was signed by the mother and one was signed by the father. According to him, his father is "taking care of his affairs."

I still have no idea what happened, but its looking like his/his family's stupidity played a major role in the shenanigans. I still stand by my position that claiming that this is proof that Ole Miss is paying a family member is total bullshit (even when coupled with the kid who signed with LSU and Tee). Not saying it doesn't happen, but still saying that I think claims without proof (and coincidence isn't really proof) make us look like a bunch of whiners.

That being said, I hope to never mention DJ Law's name again, which is likely considering I don't give a shit about PAC12 football.

You know who looks like a whiner??

mic
02-06-2014, 05:03 PM

Well I guess the Utah football coaches are lying when they said he doesn't live with his MOM. She lives in Tampa..
You must have gone to law school at OM. For someone who doesn't care about this situation you sure do come up with a lot of "facts"...

fishwater99
02-06-2014, 05:05 PM
Are you sure the mom didn't forge his name to get paid...

Coach34
02-06-2014, 05:13 PM

You got a link for either of those?

As Mic said- the Utah coaches say Momma lives in Tampa- he doesnt.

And I want to see a link of where he said he signed the OM LOI. I'm sure you read where he said he signed the OM LOI since you say that fact has come to light

notsofarawaydawg
02-06-2014, 05:18 PM

And I want to see a link of where he said he signed the OM LOI. I'm sure you read where he said he signed the OM LOI since you say that fact has come to light

He's just repeating what the mouthpiece on the radio said this afternoon and what Kellenberger has penned in the CL per Freeze's instructions. He knows no facts that can get him out of this jam.

Coach34
02-06-2014, 05:19 PM
Dacorius Say:

""I don't really know what happened, to tell you the truth," Law told the newspaper. "I trust the coaching over there (at Utah), so I left it to them, and we'll see what happens. If something happens, then I'll be worried."

http://www.maxpreps.com/blogs/blog.aspx?location=maxwire%20national%20blog&athleteid=d7e3e0d9-7f3c-42b3-bf84-ea0af79b198e&ssid=205bc396-e772-4b3b-baab-14eb531a51a2

solodawg
02-06-2014, 05:41 PM
No offense Madkinmecrazy but, you sure sound like a bear!!!

Political Hack
02-06-2014, 05:49 PM
Not to mention, they had to go to AL to get Golson after Holidays b/c he wasn't coming back. They have a freaking dumpster fire going on up there. They scramble left and right just to keep the thing from blowing up like dynamite. Kimdickie is out of control. They have recruits at a house were something bad happened b/t a player and a girl. They have former 5 stars complaining about their salary. They supposedly have another great class, yet they are scrambling at the final hours offering our guys and USM commits all kinds of things. They send LOI's out all over the country to players, their live in parents, their non live in parents.

in addition to Utah's players, they're still recruiting their own signees from last year's class. Gonna be difficult to manage.

fishwater99
02-06-2014, 05:52 PM
No offense Madkinmecrazy but, you sure sound like a bear!!!

I agree...

I seen it dawg
02-06-2014, 05:54 PM

Yep apparently you are wrong with or without bourbon. Whats your excuse today because this is the same, albeit one so far, argument that you did over and over and over yesterday. But we are the ones with the problem? Take. That. Shit. Somewhere. Else.

Todd4State
02-06-2014, 05:54 PM
in addition to Utah's players, they're still recruiting their own signees from last year's class. Gonna be difficult to manage.

What's sad is I'm sure they will count Golson towards this years signing class.

preachermatt83
02-06-2014, 05:57 PM
im just surprised that OM let him out of the letter

HailState39110
02-06-2014, 06:05 PM
Does anyone else find it ironic that this is the 2nd time in 5 years that a player that has turned in an LOI with ole miss has double signed with another school? when Floyd Ravern signed he wanted to go to Texas AM and momma wanted Ole Miss. Law wanted Utah and momma wanted Ole Miss.

Madkinmecrazy
02-06-2014, 06:07 PM

According to 247, he lives with his mother and mother's parents. Not sure of the veracity of the info, but its the only "journalism" I can find that details anything really. Granted, the forgery response comes from his mother, but considering that no one in his family (or anyone involved) has called it a forgery I'm inclined to believe the only person who is talking. Looks like a fickle kid who couldn't choose between momma and daddy to me.

http://msn.foxsports.com/south/story/florida-recruit-signs-with-ole-miss-and-utah-020614
http://olemiss.247sports.com/Article/Mother-of-3-star-DJ-Law-sets-record-straight-on-double-signing-176064

mic
02-06-2014, 06:16 PM
According to 247, he lives with his mother and mother's parents. Not sure of the veracity of the info, but its the only "journalism" I can find that details anything really. Granted, the forgery response comes from his mother, but considering that no one in his family (or anyone involved) has called it a forgery I'm inclined to believe the only person who is talking. Looks like a fickle kid who couldn't choose between momma and daddy to me.

http://msn.foxsports.com/south/story/florida-recruit-signs-with-ole-miss-and-utah-020614
http://olemiss.247sports.com/Article/Mother-of-3-star-DJ-Law-sets-record-straight-on-double-signing-176064

Well according to Utah coaches he doesnt... Im sure you will get to the bottom of it..

Coach34
02-06-2014, 06:19 PM
yeah- thats the mother's side per David Johnson...wonder why he didnt speak to Law himself?

Law is not confused as the mother said in "Mr David's" interview. Law has said nothing except that he wants to go to Utah. He put on the Utah hat. He knew he was signing Utah papers. Even in the article I linked where the interviewer talked to him- not the Mom- Law said stated he wants to go to Utah and said nothing of an OM decision.

It's called damage control

Madkinmecrazy
02-06-2014, 06:37 PM
yeah- thats the mother's side per David Johnson...wonder why he didnt speak to Law himself?

Law is not confused as the mother said in "Mr David's" interview. Law has said nothing except that he wants to go to Utah. He put on the Utah hat. He knew he was signing Utah papers. Even in the article I linked where the interviewer talked to him- not the Mom- Law said stated he wants to go to Utah and said nothing of an OM decision.

It's called damage control

It's definitely damage control.

I just think that it it was a forgery, it seems logical that he would have said something like "I didn't sign a LOI to OM" instead of "I don't know what's going on."

We'll see soon enough.

And to all the people saying I'm a bear, I shouldn't have to defend myself but I guess I will. I know I'm taking an unpopular stance here and I see the reason behind the accusations, but I'm NOT defending OM in any way, **** those guys. All I'm trying to say is that our typical reaction as a fanbase to everything involving OM is to cry "cheater!" or "something fishy is going on $$$" whenever any news breaks. I'm really just sick of it. I would love for OM to get caught bidding on a 3 star recruit who probably won't qualify, nothing would make me happier. I just don't think its logical, even for those assholes, to try something like that.

I really just want our fanbase to start to focus internally rather than externally. We've got enough good going on in Starkville that we shouldn't have to hurl accusations.

Dawg61
02-06-2014, 06:41 PM

I just think that it it was a forgery, it seems logical that he would have said something like "I didn't sign a LOI to OM" instead of "I don't know what's going on."

We'll see soon enough.

And to all the people saying I'm a bear, I shouldn't have to defend myself but I guess I will. I know I'm taking an unpopular stance here and I see the reason behind the accusations, but I'm NOT defending OM in any way, **** those guys. All I'm trying to say is that our typical reaction as a fanbase to everything involving OM is to cry "cheater!" or "something fishy is going on $$$" whenever any news breaks. I'm really just sick of it. I would love for OM to get caught bidding on a 3 star recruit who probably won't qualify, nothing would make me happier. I just don't think its logical, even for those assholes, to try something like that.

I really just want our fanbase to start to focus internally rather than externally. We've got enough good going on in Starkville that we shouldn't have to hurl accusations.

Tee Shepard was the last straw for me. That shit was uncalled for. **** Ole Miss and **** anyone taking up for Ole Miss.

Political Hack
02-06-2014, 06:45 PM
recruits often sign multiple LOIs from different teams ahead of time and then only fax the one they want sent in. A lot of "signing ceremonies" are just a dog and pony show with the real LOI sent in before they even go to the table. I have yet to see a signing ceremony at a fax machine.

Point being, even if the mother didn't forge the document, she sent in an LOI to the wrong school without her son's permission who was signing an LOI with Utah. There's an obvious disconnect there and mom and OM were the disconnected side.

Coach34
02-06-2014, 06:45 PM
Not really- it's pretty easy to understand the kid not rolling on his mother if she forged it

mic
02-06-2014, 06:48 PM

We'll see soon enough.

Once again these WERENT accusations.. How is this hurting us.?? We posted on what we found out.
Yes or No the kid wants to go to Utah.? yes
They have proof he signed his LOI. yes
OM has a LOI that may be a little "iffy" with signatures. Yes
Per what we were told The mother lives in Tampa.
And I find it very hard to believe that if you live with your son( like she told 24/7) that you have NEVER met one coach from Utah.. thats what she said. yet somehow her son has met them and actually visited there in October..
maybe she hasn't meet them cause she lives in Tampa...

LiterallyPolice
02-06-2014, 06:51 PM

We'll see soon enough.

I see your completely reasonable opinion is being received with open arms once again, so I'll chime in again to say that I agree with you. Anyone who says "the only possibility that could have occurred here is that UM was paying the mother" sounds like an idiot and it reflects poorly on our fan base.

You may think it is a very likely possibility that UM was paying off Momma - that is fine. But to say that there is proof that it absolutely occurred is completely ridiculous.

1bigdawg
02-06-2014, 06:52 PM
All I'm trying to say is that our typical reaction as a fanbase to everything involving OM is to cry "cheater!" or "something fishy is going on $$$" whenever any news breaks. I'm really just sick of it.

You can be sick of it, but those of us who have been around a long time know it is often true. Also, in any battle it is foolish to ignore the enemy and in recruiting they are our primary enemy because we both recruit Mississippi hard.

Political Hack
02-06-2014, 06:53 PM
You can be sick of it, but those of us who have been around a long time know it is often true. Also, in any battle it is foolish to ignore the enemy and in recruiting they are our primary enemy because we both recruit Mississippi hard.

you should change your name to 1correctdawg

Madkinmecrazy
02-06-2014, 06:58 PM

Whether it's often true or not, my point remains. Without any proof, constant cheating speculation on literally EVERY positive story for OM without proof is getting old.

Political Hack
02-06-2014, 07:02 PM
Whether it's often true or not, my point remains. Without any proof, constant cheating speculation on literally EVERY positive story for OM without proof is getting old.

Did they cheat with Oher?
Pat Pat?
Vincent Sanders?
Brunneti?
CJ Johnson?
Kam Woods?
Tobias Singleton Manning?
Brassell?
Every South Panola kid in history?
Kimchee?
Tunsil?
Golson?

I'll give you a hint... it's the same answer for all of them.

Dawg61
02-06-2014, 07:04 PM

Perception is reality. Ole Miss cheats their ass off and Hugh Freezus is a dirty lying snake in the grass. Was that perception or reality?

mic
02-06-2014, 07:04 PM

u want proof.. They released the kid from his LOI in less 48 hours.. If they really wanted him and did nothing wrong they would have probably let it play out a little longer.. I didn't see Utah rushing to let him out of it..
Thank God this site wasn't here during the CJ saga years back.. with your logic you would have defended that as well. Cause apparently no wrong doing happened there either..

mic
02-06-2014, 07:11 PM
To be honest I wish OM would have fought this longer. Im actually shocked they didn't. Being they think they are bullet proof.
Because Utah was ready to take it to the next level and get the Pac 12 commission involved. And you know they would have LOVED to try and bring the hammer down hard on any SEC program they could.. Even if it would have been a school as irrelevant as OM is..

Madkinmecrazy
02-06-2014, 07:15 PM
u want proof.. They released the kid from his LOI in less 48 hours.. If they really wanted him and did nothing wrong they would have probably let it play out a little longer.. I didn't see Utah rushing to let him out of it..
Thank God this site wasn't here during the CJ saga years back.. with your logic you would have defended that as well. Cause apparently no wrong doing happened there either..

While I see your point, I don't think that releasing him early proves a damn thing. Why the hell would anybody want a kid on their team who clearly has issues with simple tasks like only sending in one letter, appears to have last liked Utah more than OM, isn't a game changer, and probably won't qualify.

If he was a 5 star that wasn't a grade risk, I would tend to agree with you if they let go that fast.

And the CJ drama was total bullshit - they ****ed us over and I still haven't mentally recovered from the pain. But be honest, that was in NO WAY like this situation at OM right now with Law.

Todd4State
02-06-2014, 07:48 PM
While I see your point, I don't think that releasing him early proves a damn thing. Why the hell would anybody want a kid on their team who clearly has issues with simple tasks like only sending in one letter, appears to have last liked Utah more than OM, isn't a game changer, and probably won't qualify.

If he was a 5 star that wasn't a grade risk, I would tend to agree with you if they let go that fast.

And the CJ drama was total bullshit - they ****ed us over and I still haven't mentally recovered from the pain. But be honest, that was in NO WAY like this situation at OM right now with Law.

Because someone looked at a highlight video and put four or five stars in front of their name?

Political Hack
02-06-2014, 07:49 PM
to assume he sent both letters is a huge stretch. he didn't. he sent one and has only been proven to have signed one. everything else is wild speculation but most of the facts point to a huge mistake that was perpetrated by mom in coordination with OM.

not sure why that's hard to see...

Why are you ok ripping the kid based on speculative bullshit, but not ok with ripping OM on logical conclusions drawn from the facts?

Coach34
02-06-2014, 07:50 PM
to assume he sent both letters is a huge stretch. he didn't. he sent one and has only been proven to have signed one. everything else is wild speculation but most of the facts point to a huge mistake that was perpetrated by mom in coordination with OM.

not sure why that's hard to see...

Why are you ok ripping the kid based on speculative bullshit, but not ok with ripping OM on logical conclusions drawn from the facts?

outstanding post

Brahmabull
02-06-2014, 07:54 PM
You are saying they didn't want the kid bc he must be stupid if he sent in two LOI? They signed J. Powe!!

Madkinmecrazy
02-06-2014, 07:55 PM
I'm basing my opinion off of things that have been written by FoxSports, 24/7, and Orlando Sentinel - all which say (granted, through his mother) that there were 2 legitimate letters sent. This has not been refuted by anyone close to the situation, including the player, which leads me to believe that it is the truth.

My take? This kid listened to momma in the morning and then called daddy and changed his mind before his filmed announcement.

Regardless, I'm off this thread for good. I'll agree to disagree with this one, we aren't getting anywhere constructive.

Dawg61
02-06-2014, 08:06 PM
You are saying they didn't want the kid bc he must be stupid if he sent in two LOI? They signed J. Powe!!

Hilarious

RougeDawg
02-06-2014, 08:10 PM
I'm basing my opinion off of things that have been written by FoxSports, 24/7, and Orlando Sentinel - all which say (granted, through his mother) that there were 2 legitimate letters sent. This has not been refuted by anyone close to the situation, including the player, which leads me to believe that it is the truth.

My take? This kid listened to momma in the morning and then called daddy and changed his mind before his filmed announcement.

Regardless, I'm off this thread for good. I'll agree to disagree with this one, we aren't getting anywhere constructive.

So you seriously believe a kid would send in 3 separate letters of intent, one of which involved a ceremony and filmed him signing it and 2 others to OM and an OM farm school? Two of which we've confirmed that only momma wanted? If he'd known about those 2, why would he select Utah on live television? I sure hope you do not have an occupation that requires problem solving, cause and effect and/or investigations.

And yes you are a bear fan. Too bad I can't ban you, but your true blue is shining through on this one.

mic
02-06-2014, 08:17 PM
Your going to base your opinion on what the mother said.
So do you think she has NEVER met the coaching staff from Utah. Her words.
She is "living" with her son and she has never met one coach.??
The kid takes his OV to Utah in October.
The kid has said he wants to go to Utah.
Usually when a kid sign his LOI the family is there. Was she not at the school that morning.?? Did she not go "hey son why are you wearing a Utah hat?" My guess is she was at HER home IN TAMPA

The more you try and defend this the dumber you look...

solodawg
02-06-2014, 08:18 PM
Personally Dude, I don't give a shit if you're a bear or not. All I'm saying is, if I want to read continuous post defending the bears Ill go to the spirit, or bafoom boards. **** them and their underhanded shit..You should feel the same way!!!

DancingRabbit
02-06-2014, 08:46 PM
Any rumor of TSUN indiscretions brings out a swarm of Freezus crusaders elsewhere on the interwebs.

Positive story? Ha, whatever you say.

OurState
02-06-2014, 10:01 PM
Did they cheat with Oher?
Pat Pat?
Vincent Sanders?
Brunneti?
CJ Johnson?
Kam Woods?
Tobias Singleton Manning?
Brassell?
Every South Panola kid in history?
Kimchee?
Tunsil?
Golson?

I'll give you a hint... it's the same answer for all of them.

I wish we were better at cheating. WTF this is the golden age of cheating and instead of going with the flow we are complaining.

This isn't golf, it's the SEC. Everybody but Vandy cheats and Vandy gets to give away $120k diplomas.

Belegal
02-06-2014, 10:16 PM
I would hope the NCAA looks into this and tells the recruit - Look , if you want to be cleared, tell us what went down. otherwise you lose a year while we investigate! He would talk! NCAA needs to get off their ass!!!

DLGDawg
02-06-2014, 10:48 PM
It's a thousand wonders this didn't happen with Chris jones. Daddy wanted him at om badly. Really badly.

MSUDawg4Life
02-06-2014, 11:17 PM
Is there a reason y'all let this Bear troll stay on the board this long?

Dawg61
02-06-2014, 11:29 PM
Is there a reason y'all let this Bear troll stay on the board this long?

Been wondering this myself. Hell I've been hinting at it for two days now.

fishwater99
02-06-2014, 11:50 PM
No way he is a Bulldog.

Jack Lambert
02-07-2014, 08:34 AM

Someone from Ole Miss promise his mother something in return of him going to ole miss. It's that plain and simple. As far as the letter goes, they are all legitimate. No one is saying the letters are not legit what they are saying is the mother sign one of them.

By the way when you get banned I want your Vcash.

TrueMaroon
02-07-2014, 09:11 AM
Tee Shephard was COMMITTED TO US 24 hours ago. And Ole miss is our in-state rival. For God sakes man, if you can't see how this could possibly be relevant on this board, what the **** do you want to discuss?

MAROOOOOON!!11! WHIIIIIITE!!11! Let's ignore the events of today and just cheer and share ringtones

Spewing coffee reading this post. A+, Sir.

fishwater99
02-07-2014, 09:25 AM
Does anyone else find it ironic that this is the 2nd time in 5 years that a player that has turned in an LOI with ole miss has double signed with another school? when Floyd Ravern signed he wanted to go to Texas AM and momma wanted Ole Miss. Law wanted Utah and momma wanted Ole Miss.

It's beyond ironic...
It's very fishy that they are the only school where this happens and it has happened twice in 4 years... $$

CJDAWG85
02-07-2014, 09:39 AM
Don't forget Godcheaux or whatever his name is that signed with LSU this year.

fishwater99
02-07-2014, 10:02 AM
Don't forget Godcheaux or whatever his name is that signed with LSU this year.

The blame Momma on this one, not wanting to sign the LOI with Ole Miss. L$U

http://www.redcuprebellion.com/2014/2/5/5382246/national-signing-day-davon-godchaux-decision-lsu-ole-miss

LiterallyPolice
02-07-2014, 12:31 PM
So I see MadkinMeCrazy got banned. You would think that 100 people that were so sure of their opinion could handle one dude that didn't agree with them. I guess not.

Look, I like the fact that there's no bears on this board. But all he did was disagree with the ever-increasing echo chamber around here. He wasn't a troll.

tcdog70
02-07-2014, 01:14 PM
I would hope the NCAA looks into this and tells the recruit - Look , if you want to be cleared, tell us what went down. otherwise you lose a year while we investigate! He would talk! NCAA needs to get off their ass!!!

Hell Yes- I'll bet the bears would shit

Coach34
02-07-2014, 01:21 PM
So I see MadkinMeCrazy got banned. You would think that 100 people that were so sure of their opinion could handle one dude that didn't agree with them. I guess not.

Look, I like the fact that there's no bears on this board. But all he did was disagree with the ever-increasing echo chamber around here. He wasn't a troll.

I didnt ban him- but I'll explain it to you the same way I did him why the mod did- to which we all agree:

The thing is- this board is becoming more and more popular. We are growing quickly with posters and site hits. Why? Because we dont let Rebels come in here and control the message, spin everything that happens, and get threads about them locked. Do things sometime go a little overboard? Absolutely. But it's better to error on that side of things as opposed to letting the Rebel spin machine work. They dont allow anything positive about State on their boards and they jump on State guys like the Indians did Custer anytime something positive is mentioned about State. Elitedawgs is going to be the same way from our side

sandwolf
02-07-2014, 01:40 PM

I agree. Seems a little over the top.

MadDawg
02-07-2014, 01:52 PM
I agree. Seems a little over the top.

Control the message. Eliminate the dissent. Post anything you want - as long as the mods agree with it.

Coach34
02-07-2014, 02:03 PM
Control the message. Eliminate the dissent. Post anything you want - as long as the mods agree with it.

Or to put it another way- don't break your neck defending OM on this board. Especially when it turns out they were in the wrong on this

sandwolf
02-07-2014, 03:36 PM
Or to put it another way- don't break your neck defending OM on this board. Especially when it turns out they were in the wrong on this

I am definitely good with yall having a zero tolerance policy for both bears and their apologists......and in this thread he definitely came across as defending them. But I think that his intent was to bring attention to the idea that our fanbase should stop putting all of our energy into baseless accusations about OM cheating in recruiting and instead, direct our focus towards what WE need to do to handle it.......because the NCAA has made it abundantly clear that they arent going to do jack shit unless they absolutely have to. So, while I enjoy the shit out of the threads that are based on rumors about how the bears cheated and how people are hearing that the NCAA has told them to pump the brakes (and I definitely am not advocating for those threads to go away entirely), the bottom line is that those threads are not productive.

I guess my point (and based on some of his other posts, I think his point is similar) is that when a Tee Shepard or a CJ Johnson situation comes up, I am of the opinion that our reaction should be to look at Mullen and the athletic department and say, "How in the **** did yall allow this to happen? We invest too much money in yall for us to have to put up with this kind of bullshit!" instead of accusing OM of cheating and talking about how the NCAA is going to drop the hammer on them.....because the NCAA isn't going to do shit, and the only way that it is ever going to stop is if the people that are in charge on our end figure out a way to end it......and the best way that I know of to push them to do that is to let them know that we expect them to put a stop to it and that we aren't going to accept the idea that OM cheated as an excuse.

I seen it dawg
02-07-2014, 03:44 PM

That's complete bullshit and you know it. Saying your peace on OM is one thing. But continuing ad nauseum raises flags and the poster definitely did that.

Really Clark?
02-07-2014, 04:14 PM
I am definitely good with yall having a zero tolerance policy for both bears and their apologists......and in this thread he definitely came across as defending them. But I think that his intent was to bring attention to the idea that our fanbase should stop putting all of our energy into baseless accusations about OM cheating in recruiting and instead, direct our focus towards what WE need to do to handle it.......because the NCAA has made it abundantly clear that they arent going to do jack shit unless they absolutely have to. So, while I enjoy the shit out of the threads that are based on rumors about how the bears cheated and how people are hearing that the NCAA has told them to pump the brakes (and I definitely am not advocating for those threads to go away entirely), the bottom line is that those threads are not productive.

I guess my point (and based on some of his other posts, I think his point is similar) is that when a Tee Shepard or a CJ Johnson situation comes up, I am of the opinion that our reaction should be to look at Mullen and the athletic department and say, "How in the **** did yall allow this to happen? We invest too much money in yall for us to have to put up with this kind of bullshit!" instead of accusing OM of cheating and talking about how the NCAA is going to drop the hammer on them.....because the NCAA isn't going to do shit, and the only way that it is ever going to stop is if the people that are in charge on our end figure out a way to end it......and the best way that I know of to push them to do that is to let them know that we expect them to put a stop to it and that we aren't going to accept the idea that OM cheated as an excuse.

I see your points an agree on some of them. But how can you hold our staff accountable for something they have no control over? At the end of the day, whether you believe they cheated or not, it is ultimately the kid and/or families decision. The staff does screw up at times, hold them accountable for those problems. But the CJ or Tee issue was not on our staff.

Drugdog
02-07-2014, 04:18 PM

Yep. If you don't like it go create your own Bear loving Board. I have disagreed with the Mods before, but I am A DOG. no banning for me.
# Hailstate.

tcdog70
02-07-2014, 04:48 PM
17 Tee and The Rebels. He had 1 fricking interception all year at Holmes. And averaged about 4-5 tackles a Game. What's all hoopla about. he must be dumb as a box of hammers, good bye to a lying M17er

MadDawg
02-07-2014, 05:19 PM
Yep. If you don't like it go create your own Bear loving Board. I have disagreed with the Mods before, but I am A DOG. no banning for me.
# Hailstate.

Well nobody has ever accused me of being a scum-sucking Bear, yet anyway. But I disagree with the mods often. I'm pretty sure my days here are numbered. Remember, you can also be banned for being an "asshole". Whatever that means today.

captain
02-07-2014, 06:03 PM
Well nobody has ever accused me of being a scum-sucking Bear, yet anyway. But I disagree with the mods often. I'm pretty sure my days here are numbered. Remember, you can also be banned for being an "asshole". Whatever that means today.

I'm hearby resigning from Elitedawgs

sandwolf
02-07-2014, 06:34 PM
But how can you hold our staff accountable for something they have no control over?

Yea, I mean I know that's not really fair, but in reality I feel like the staff and the administration do have some control over it. They could easily round up a close knit group of big boy boosters, and buy these guys like everyone else is doing, in an organized, impossible to prove manner, and then if the NCAA comes sniffing around tell them to kiss our ass and lawyer the **** up........but they have decided that that is not the route they want to take, and we as a fanbase have decided that we are ok with that. And I don't have a problem with that, but if we don't figure out some other way to handle it, then our only other option is to come to terms with the idea that we will forever be in the bottom tier of the SEC.......and if that is the mindset that we are going to have, then why even field a team?

Todd4State
02-07-2014, 06:44 PM

The thing that people who are disagreeing here aren't getting is this isn't baseless.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jeremy-fowler/23107822/source-ncaa-questions-mississippi-state-de-chris-jones-on-ole-miss-recruitment

As far as Dan and "how the f--- this could happen"- well, unfortunately once it happens, there's not a lot Dan can do. The only thing he can do is learn from it, and I do think that he is learning and getting better and better as a recruiter. We haven't had a CJ Johnson incident happen since it happened. And I'm sure Dan learned from Tee Shepherd and even from Sean Rawlings as well. That's all we can really ask for. I'm glad that Dan has learned some of these lessons before this upcoming 2015 class comes together so that something like Tee Shepherd doesn't happen again. And the more Dan learns, the harder and harder it gets for Ole Miss to flip people.

Todd4State
02-07-2014, 06:47 PM
Yea, I mean I know that's not really fair, but in reality I feel like the staff and the administration do have some control over it. They could easily round up a close knit group of big boy boosters, and buy these guys like everyone else is doing, in an organized, impossible to prove manner, and then if the NCAA comes sniffing around tell them to kiss our ass and lawyer the **** up........but they have decided that that is not the route they want to take, and we as a fanbase have decided that we are ok with that. And I don't have a problem with that, but if we don't figure out some other way to handle it, then our only other option is to come to terms with the idea that we will forever be in the bottom tier of the SEC.......and if that is the mindset that we are going to have, then why even field a team?

That's the disadvantage of having a coach that is on his first head coaching job and is also not from the South or Mississippi. Dan is/was still learning on the job to some degree. As long as he gets better and the recruits that he does get are productive and winning- I'm fine with that.

Coach34
02-07-2014, 06:59 PM

very good post....stronggggggg...strongggggg

State82
02-07-2014, 07:01 PM
As far as Dan and "how the f--- this could happen"- well, unfortunately once it happens, there's not a lot Dan can do. The only thing he can do is learn from it, and I do think that he is learning and getting better and better as a recruiter. We haven't had a CJ Johnson incident happen since it happened. And I'm sure Dan learned from Tee Shepherd and even from Sean Rawlings as well. That's all we can really ask for. I'm glad that Dan has learned some of these lessons before this upcoming 2015 class comes together so that something like Tee Shepherd doesn't happen again. And the more Dan learns, the harder and harder it gets for Ole Miss to flip people.

Good point. Dan is not stupid. He has been the victim of several shenanigans in the recruiting business since he got here. Don't believe for a minute that he hasn't learned some valuable lessons. And as you said, its just in time.