PDA

View Full Version : Braves

msstate7
04-30-2013, 06:50 PM
Are all over Gonzalez and the Nats. 4-0 in the 2nd. Huddy may get his 200th win tonight

War Machine Dawg
04-30-2013, 07:04 PM
Hope so. It'd suck if he or the pen wastes this early offensive outburst. Nice to see us manufacturing runs for a change. I also liked hearing that Gattis was working hard to take the ball to right, right center in BP and recognized he was spinning on his hell and flying open too soon with his hip.

Also, we're 9-1 against the East. I know we won't keep up that pace, but we can make it really hard for anyone to catch us. You may not be able to win the division in April, but you can damn sure make it hard on everyone else.

msstate7
04-30-2013, 07:29 PM
Hope so. It'd suck if he or the pen wastes this early offensive outburst. Nice to see us manufacturing runs for a change. I also liked hearing that Gattis was working hard to take the ball to right, right center in BP and recognized he was spinning on his hell and flying open too soon with his hip.

Also, we're 9-1 against the East. I know we won't keep up that pace, but we can make it really hard for anyone to catch us. You may not be able to win the division in April, but you can damn sure make it hard on everyone else.

Gattis 2 out RBI single to right. War you called it

War Machine Dawg
04-30-2013, 07:35 PM
Ha, just repeating what Joe said earlier. It was still good to see Gattis put it into practice during the game, though. He's hit for average, not just power, at every level so I was confident he'd figure it out eventually. Glad to see him adjusting so quickly, though. That's a really good sign for him long term. Also, the ball absolutely jumps off his bat. I haven't seen many hitters who get that reaction when they make contact.

msstate7
04-30-2013, 07:43 PM
Hudson gets run back! I can't wait to see this team when Jason and Brian get back. When are venters and beachy suppose to be back?

War Machine Dawg
04-30-2013, 08:11 PM
No doubt, this team is going to be super fun to watch. Although honestly, I think we're playing better without JHey right now. Schafer is making the most of his opportunities and really looking like a legit leadoff hitter.

No clue on Venters. He just played catch from 60 feet for the first time today since he had his injection. I hope I'm wrong, but I think he eventually goes under the knife this season. Might as well go ahead and get it over with so he can come back early next season.

Beachy is on track for a mid-to-late June return. Pure speculation on my part, but I'm guessing he'll be on an innings limit similar to Medlen last season when he returns. We'll probably ease him into things out of the pen, unless Teheran has a complete meltdown. We'll see, though. He was arguably our ace before he went under the knife. I know we're trying to give Teheran his chance in the rotation, but I don't see keeping Beachy out of the rotation, either. It's a good problem to have.

FISHDAWG
05-01-2013, 09:06 AM
THAT ... was a fun game. Hudson- run scored, rbi, double, & a homer all on his 200 th win ..... awesome game with a pretty good pitching performance as well