PDA

View Full Version : reason Tee would flip

drummerdawg
02-05-2014, 04:30 PM
A bear friend of mine told me the reason he flipped was bc he would get to play this fall. If that's the case what were we telling him?

Leroy Jenkins
02-05-2014, 04:31 PM
Guess Tee is smart enough to read a depth chart.

Alldawg
02-05-2014, 04:31 PM
You always believe your friends?

maroonmania
02-05-2014, 04:32 PM
Same thing. He wasn't even going to stay in MS except that there was a plan laid out at Holmes to get him eligible to play D1 in the Fall. Apparently needs 21 hours this term and another 9 hours over the Summer.

Dawg61
02-05-2014, 04:38 PM
He'd play for us but he wasn't going to be a starter day 1. We are deep at DB. Marlon Humphrey wouldn't start for us day 1. We'll be just fine at DB but I'm not going to lie it really wasn't necessary for Tee to do us like that.

solodawg
02-05-2014, 04:43 PM
Damn Mullen does it everytime. He tells these recruits that you will have to out work team mates and earn a starting spot at MSU, all the while Buck Freeze guarantees them a starting spot if they will just sign on the dotted line****

smootness
02-05-2014, 04:45 PM
It doesn't really matter what we told him, honestly. When you have somebody in your ear apparently from essentially midnight last night until this afternoon telling you that you won't play here but will be a gigantic stud at Ole Miss, it's tough to see through that.

I guarantee you we told him he wouldn't be given anything. But I also guarantee you we told him that he was talented enough to come in, work hard, and earn playing time. I don't know what Ole Miss told him, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was something along the lines of, 'You will start day 1 and be all-SEC'.

Brahmabull
02-05-2014, 04:49 PM
Ya'll can believe and talk all this stuff about him starting not starting, coaches being in his ear all night, etc.... The reason he is going to TSUN is the package they are giving him. It's that simple.

Madkinmecrazy
02-05-2014, 04:53 PM
It doesn't really matter what we told him, honestly. When you have somebody in your ear apparently from essentially midnight last night until this afternoon telling you that you won't play here but will be a gigantic stud at Ole Miss, it's tough to see through that.

I guarantee you we told him he wouldn't be given anything. But I also guarantee you we told him that he was talented enough to come in, work hard, and earn playing time. I don't know what Ole Miss told him, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was something along the lines of, 'You will start day 1 and be all-SEC'.

I seriously doubt that he was told he would start day 1... hell, I'm pretty sure that even kimdichee wasn't told that last year.

As someone pointed out earlier though, he can read a depth chart (even if he can't pass his CC classes). We are loaded in the secondary and the bears are weak there. Easy decision for a kid who wants to get on the field.

scottycameron
02-05-2014, 04:53 PM
the real reason is OM whiffed on a couple guys they thought they would get. I would bet that OM told him when they were on him a couple months ago that they couldn't take him due the the grade risk (they thought they had other guys). Then when Rosebowl reports he will make it, combined with the guys OM thought they were going to get becoming a little shaky, OM contacts him again and warms the relationship back up saying things may work out (in the works, possibly). Then when OM officially whiffs on two guys - DBs, they get all over Tee and he agrees to sign with them.
No inside info on my part but I bet that's how it went down. I think if we would have known there was a fight going on for him we would have had a good shot at keeping him. We got blindsided. Note - keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Madkinmecrazy
02-05-2014, 04:55 PM
the real reason is OM whiffed on a couple guys they thought they would get. I would bet that OM told him when they were on him a couple months ago that they couldn't take him due the the grade risk (they thought they had other guys). Then when Rosebowl reports he will make it, combined with the guys OM thought they were going to get becoming a little shaky, OM contacts him again and warms the relationship back up saying things may work out (in the works, possibly). Then when OM officially whiffs on two guys - DBs, they get all over Tee and he agrees to sign with them.
No inside info on my part but I bet that's how it went down. I think if we would have known there was a fight going on for him we would have had a good shot at keeping him. We got blindsided. Note - keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

^^^THIS

Todd4State
02-05-2014, 05:09 PM

The recruiting guys probably should have kept it even more quiet than they did. The coaches probably should have just not said anything at all and when he went on an OV, just play it off.

Dawg61
02-05-2014, 05:12 PM
As soon as Dan and MSU are after a player they have got to realize that the Freezus is stalking in the shadows because he can not identify players on his own. He piggy backs MSU to find the players and then he sells them a bunch of lies to try and steal them away. This isn't basketball and you're not Kentucky basketball Ole Miss. Last I checked it's not a good thing to be starting first year players game 1 in football. Yea the truly elite guys can start right away but even 90% of all 4&5* players are not ready to be starting in the SEC day 1.

Westdawg
02-05-2014, 05:16 PM
I am telling all of you, we do NOT need to recruit from Holmes until there is a major staff change....as in, EVERYONE GONE. but I will go one step further than that. As long as the admin and board of trustees that they have there changes some, MSU will not get a fair shake with a single player down there that is worth anything.

There is a definite reason why we have lost out on the recruits from that school - OM homers in-house. I love that place. I grew up and went to juco there, got family and great friends there, but we will not get a solid prospect out of that school.

maroonmania
02-05-2014, 05:22 PM
The recruiting guys probably should have kept it even more quiet than they did. The coaches probably should have just not said anything at all and when he went on an OV, just play it off.

I don't know how it could be kept much quieter than it was unless we just didn't take a public commitment from him at all. You would think we could hold a committed player for essentially 2 and half days. And if our coaches got blindsided its our fault, its their job to know the recruits to fight for. We certainly knew it today and weren't able to do much. I too believe he likely got offered significantly more than playing time.

Madkinmecrazy
02-05-2014, 05:23 PM
As soon as Dan and MSU are after a player they have got to realize that the Freezus is stalking in the shadows because he can not identify players on his own. He piggy backs MSU to find the players and then he sells them a bunch of lies to try and steal them away. This isn't basketball and you're not Kentucky basketball Ole Miss. Last I checked it's not a good thing to be starting first year players game 1 in football. Yea the truly elite guys can start right away but even 90% of all 4&5* players are not ready to be starting in the SEC day 1.

As much as I'd like to agree with you, this post is total bullshit.

The idea that Freezus depends on Mullen to identify good recruits is laughable. They take one of our "commits" and you (and sadly, many others) insist that they only reason they take "our" player is because Freeze can't find his own. Tee was a top 5 JUCO CB, a 5-star out of high school - everybody knows who he is. Mullen can't just call "dibs" on a guy and not expect other schools to come after him when he's one of the top athletes. This isn't ****ing elementary school.

OM lost out on some CBs and needed a gap filler. They had been recruiting Tee for the past year (he said that OM was his #1 choice in November). Stop looking like a ***** and whining about how OM ruins everything and Mullen is essentially an OM scout. That's bullshit and you know it. We lost Tee to OM but we had a legit class this year, and I'm happy with it and you should be too. The whining and complaining about OM needs to stop - we do our talking on Thanksgiving day.

Dawg61
02-05-2014, 05:24 PM
Anyone care to post the last 10 years of Holmes D1 signees? Maybe you're on to something here that needs some addressing.

Dawg61
02-05-2014, 05:40 PM
I'm happy about our class but I'm very very pissed off about Tee Shepard. There's no ****ing reason we as a fan base have to be put through that bullshit. EVER!! I wouldn't give two shits about Tee Shepard going to Ole Miss a month ago but why on god's earth do we have to be subjected to having this player flood his twitter with all things MSU, commit to us, have our recruiting experts telling us he's the rabbit, and grow a liking for a player whose is going to **** us dirtier than any other I can remember. I can not wait for Tee to come over the middle and get laid out harder than Chris Jones ****ed those 4 Ole Miss sluts last year.

Todd4State
02-05-2014, 05:46 PM
I don't know how it could be kept much quieter than it was unless we just didn't take a public commitment from him at all. You would think we could hold a committed player for essentially 2 and half days. And if our coaches got blindsided its our fault, its their job to know the recruits to fight for. We certainly knew it today and weren't able to do much. I too believe he likely got offered significantly more than playing time.

They shouldn't have said anything at all. Hindsight is 20/20 and there isn't one person that should get the blame here. It's just another recruiting lesson.

Todd4State
02-05-2014, 05:48 PM
I am telling all of you, we do NOT need to recruit from Holmes until there is a major staff change....as in, EVERYONE GONE. but I will go one step further than that. As long as the admin and board of trustees that they have there changes some, MSU will not get a fair shake with a single player down there that is worth anything.

There is a definite reason why we have lost out on the recruits from that school - OM homers in-house. I love that place. I grew up and went to juco there, got family and great friends there, but we will not get a solid prospect out of that school.

There is a billboard in Grenada that's pretty much "Go to Holmes and then go to Ole Miss."