PDA

View Full Version : Quay Evans

Dawg61
02-05-2014, 03:16 PM
Renardo Sidney 2.0? What a waste.

Pollodawg
02-05-2014, 03:30 PM
He never even saw as much PT as Renardo did. Sad.

EngineerDawg
02-05-2014, 11:13 PM
Instead of the fat lady, do we hear nsync "bye bye bye"?

defiantdog
02-05-2014, 11:16 PM
Isn't West Georgia a military school?

Political Hack
02-05-2014, 11:17 PM
he may work out well over there. he needs to get out of MS.

whosyourdawgy
02-05-2014, 11:19 PM
that may be exactly what Quay needs. Away from friends and family and somebody barking his ass into shape. Hopefully the light bulb will click on one day.

Bothrops
02-05-2014, 11:19 PM
Isn't West Georgia a military school?

No

BeardoMSU
02-05-2014, 11:20 PM
As fat as the fat man was, at least he contributed something. Quad didn't do a damn thing.

Crystal Balls
02-05-2014, 11:30 PM
Is this something Dan and staff helped him with?

Dawg61
02-05-2014, 11:47 PM
As fat as the fat man was, at least he contributed something. Quad didn't do a damn thing.

Sidney was good vs Vandy and Ole Miss. Let's not get carried away though. He is/was a gigantic waste of talent. Dontae Walker was atleast very good his freshman year. Sidney stands or sits alone on the mountain of fail. Probably break that mountain soon to with his fat ass. Or eat it.

M.Fillmore
02-05-2014, 11:52 PM
I always wondered why we signed Quay. Yeah, yeah, 5 star blah, blah, blah. I saw him play 3x his senior year and it wasn't hard to see he was a head case. Coaches and football staff at Morton told me the same.
I guess Dan just saw the natural talent and took a chance that his head could be straightened out.

I think Quay is much different that Brassell, who developed his talent but simply blew it in the classroom. The EMCC coaches told me Brassell never missed class and was making great grades. I guess the 0.00 from the Confederate nation just couldn't be overcome. If so, Freeze had to know it and it proves, what a lot of us think, that Freeze knew Brassell wouldn't qualify and Freeze just used him to boost rankings and pull in Tony Conner. I think that if Brassell had signed with us he would be a year away from being a high NFL draft pick. Brassell was very good at EMCC and fearless to boot.

TopDog58
02-06-2014, 12:04 AM
I remember watching Sidney in that game in Jacktown. He literally ran the floor on one possession and then walked back down the court on the next offensive possession gasping to be taken out.

Oliver Miller was huge when he was at Arkansas, but at least he was a player. Fatnardo's conditioning seemed to get worse the longer he was at MSU.

BeardoMSU
02-06-2014, 12:15 AM
Oh, I agree wholeheartedly; Sid was the biggest waste I've ever seen wear the Maroon and White. He had a soft jump shot, good post moves, and really good vision passing the ball....he just couldn't stop eating to save his life. And he was a headcase...to say the least. Those games vs. Vandy and OM were pretty good though, and that's what I meant: at least with him, we saw pretty big glimpses of his greatness. With Quay, we saw, what, 1 sack? 1 or 2 QB hurries? In the few moments he actually stepped on the field. I was honestly never sold on Quay out of high school. He was never gonna be a Fletcher Cox or Chris Jones.

Todd4State
02-06-2014, 12:24 AM
In Quay's defense, it's hard to show glimpses when they don't play you.

BeardoMSU
02-06-2014, 12:25 AM
True.

Dawg61
02-06-2014, 12:27 AM
I see what you're saying. Sidney was loaded with talent. Natural born talent. He'd easily be the best shooter on our team right now. He had tremendous touch for a really big man and he was an even better passer. That's what was so so frustrating about him. If he gave any effort at all or had any toughness whatsoever he'd be a lock as a lottery pick. The guy just didn't want it. Imagine if you put Phil Turner's toughness and motor inside Sidney you'd have a more athletic better shooting Zach Randolph. Woulda coulda shoulda. What a ****ing waste.

Really Clark?
02-06-2014, 12:28 AM
In Quay's defense, it's hard to show glimpses when they don't play you.

Which they were right in doing

thf24
02-06-2014, 12:34 AM
Oh, I agree wholeheartedly; Sid was the biggest waste I've ever seen wear the Maroon and White. He had a soft jump shot, good post moves, and really good vision passing the ball....he just couldn't stop eating to save his life. And he was a headcase...to say the least. Those games vs. Vandy and OM were pretty good though, and that's what I meant: at least with him, we saw pretty big glimpses of his greatness.

If the light had ever come on (no chance it ever would have under those circumstances) and he'd have figured out how to make that spin move on the low block without getting called for traveling, he'd have been the most dominant big man in the college game since Shaq. The first time I saw that spin move (even though he got whistled), I thought we had something incredible. Too bad it wasn't to be.

BeardoMSU
02-06-2014, 12:36 AM
Great example using Phil. That dude would body up power forwards and hold his own. I loved that guy.

Todd4State
02-06-2014, 12:47 AM
Which they were right in doing

I'm not saying they were wrong. But there's no doubt that Sidney got more playing time and therefore more of a chance to show what he could do.

BeardoMSU
02-06-2014, 12:53 AM
I honestly think that Sidney was "trying" that first year. Despite all the fighting and suspensions, he still played ball when he was on the court. The majority of his issues on the court stemmed from his conditioning (coaching staff, wtf?) that year. His last year, on the other hand, aside from a couple games, he didn't give a ****. Once Arnett started getting the majority of touches in the paint, Sid was done with playin' team ball. I mean what a concept: a guy busting his ass in the off season, getting better at free throw shooting, and hustling back to play defense every play......And...that's why Arnett is in the NBA, and Sidney is in NAMBLA.