PDA

View Full Version : What do you want.........

BorneDawg
02-05-2014, 02:59 PM
OK for those so unhappy with the recruiting that Coach and company are doing 2 questions for ya....
1- Would you rather our staff stoop to the unethical cheating method tsun uses?

2- Is it not ultimately up to the recruit?

I mean we cant force them to sign! All we came do is show them what we have to offer and stay true to our word, then the ball is in their court. Coach Mullen and staff are good at developing the players we bring in. I don't think the ranking is a true measure of what teams are getting. Lets look at the players a year or two in. Sure you got some that are ready before others but I had rather not drop our integrity just to be like tsun! Just my two cents worth and unlike the most interesting man in the world it only worth two cents!

Lloyd Christmas
02-05-2014, 03:12 PM
Hmm, not saying you are a Reb but 2 posts total on signing day and then starting a new thread will put you on watch.

Madkinmecrazy
02-05-2014, 03:18 PM
Not saying you're wrong, but it bothers me when every time a recruit doesn't do what we want them to do regarding TSUN, we immediately accuse them of cheating.

I know this is a message board and journalistic standards are non-existent, but come on, that's some bullshit.

I have no doubt that OM boosters fund some players, just like I have no doubt that every (decent) school in the country funds players, including us. If you've got something substantive, let it be known - but this high and mighty bullshit coming from some in our fanbase is ignorant. We didn't lose Shepherd or anyone else because OM paid them, we lost because they won the recruiting battle.

Lloyd Christmas
02-05-2014, 03:22 PM
It's naive to think nothing shady went down on this. Especially when we are talking about Mississippi.

FlabLoser
02-05-2014, 03:26 PM
Not saying you're wrong, but it bothers me when every time a recruit doesn't do what we want them to do regarding TSUN, we immediately accuse them of cheating.

Tee was a commitment that Ole Miss flipped with a few hours of phone calls. Tee has never visited their campus. Of course Ole Miss cheated their ass off with him. Went all in.

And of course I wish we cheated just as well as Ole Miss does. We need our boosters and others to #CatchUp.

sandwolf
02-05-2014, 03:31 PM
If you've got something substantive, let it be known - but this high and mighty bullshit coming from some in our fanbase is ignorant. We didn't lose Shepherd or anyone else because OM paid them, we lost because they won the recruiting battle.

****ing This! I am so sick and ****ing tired of hearing so many of our fans sound like whiney ass pussies when something like this happens. We should be looking at our people asking them why the **** they allowed something like this to happen.....not pointing at the bears and making baseless accusations about them cheating.

BorneDawg
02-05-2014, 03:35 PM
lol well Im new as you can see only been on here since December. I am a true DAWG though have been since I was a little boy! Went to State and graduated in 2000. I bleed MAROON! I was just saying I dont think we should get so upset and say our coaches arent trying hard enough. I think there is only so much you can ethically do then its up to the recruit to see who is inline with their beliefs and way of doing things.

Saltydog
02-05-2014, 03:41 PM
forever be stuck in the 5-7 win range and have the occasional 8 win season. No. 2, yes it's ultimately up to the recruit but when you're talking about kids having money laid at their
feet and other shenanigans (which I won't write here) then it makes that decision a whole lot easier. Now, go ahead and post the obligatory response that we only want kids that WANT to play for MSU and who are above accepting these type of benefits. Yeah right. To compete in the best league in all of college football we're simply going to have to recruit better.

BorneDawg
02-05-2014, 03:42 PM
I dont know they cheated but seems fishy how it all went down! What I guess I was really getting at is what exactly are folks on here that is running down our staff wanting us to do?All we can do is tell them what we can do for them....

BorneDawg
02-05-2014, 03:45 PM
Well I differ from most then cause I don't want to cheat ,lie, pay off or what ever it takes get them.

C222
02-05-2014, 03:46 PM
Tee was a commitment that Ole Miss flipped with a few hours of phone calls. Tee has never visited their campus. Of course Ole Miss cheated their ass off with him. Went all in.

And of course I wish we cheated just as well as Ole Miss does. We need our boosters and others to #CatchUp.

D.H.N.

Madkinmecrazy
02-05-2014, 04:00 PM

From what I've seen, Tee called OM his leader in November and visited campus (not an OV) in December.

Sure, he committed to us at the 10th hour and changed his mind at the 11th hour, but I think that speaks more to him not knowing what the hell he wanted than anything else.

I'm not ruling out foul play, but I think its pretty immature of us to chalk it up to that every time something doesn't go our way. Frankly, it makes us look like a bunch of pussies.

maroonmania
02-05-2014, 04:06 PM
From what I've seen, Tee called OM his leader in November and visited campus (not an OV) in December.

Sure, he committed to us at the 10th hour and changed his mind at the 11th hour, but I think that speaks more to him not knowing what the hell he wanted than anything else.

I'm not ruling out foul play, but I think its pretty immature of us to chalk it up to that every time something doesn't go our way. Frankly, it makes us look like a bunch of pussies.

After the CJ Johnson deal that was about as blatant as I've ever seen, when it comes to OM recruiting if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck its probably a duck.

Brahmabull
02-05-2014, 04:12 PM
Look, the Bears made him a deal he couldn't refuse. Simple as that! Move on!