PDA

View Full Version : New DWS Seating??

RougeDawg
02-05-2014, 02:59 PM
I just noticed that different sections have different seat rights pricing this year. Didn't realize this until I looked on my 2014 pledge. Also noticed that the entire East Upper Deck is now available to the public and the students are in the end zone. I have two problems with this. One, if I'm a random fan without season tickets, I prefer to sit bottom level over upper deck, given the prices aren't outrageously different. Secondly, with our shitty students, and them leaving after half time, the end zone will look empty during the 2nd halves of games. This is a shitty decision by our Ath. Department on multiple levels.

It_Could_Happen
02-05-2014, 03:09 PM
I just noticed that different sections have different seat rights pricing this year. Didn't realize this until I looked on my 2014 pledge. Also noticed that the entire East Upper Deck is now available to the public and the students are in the end zone. I have two problems with this. One, if I'm a random fan without season tickets, I prefer to sit bottom level over upper deck, given the prices aren't outrageously different. Secondly, with our shitty students, and them leaving after half time, the end zone will look empty during the 2nd halves of games. This is a shitty decision by our Ath. Department on multiple levels.

Yea man the students are so shitty... Even though the alabama and ole miss game were rocking all the way until the clock hit zero. Damn... I am amazed at some of the things you people will say on here.

RougeDawg
02-05-2014, 03:17 PM
The student section is packed in the 4th quarter maybe 25% of the games. That's shitty. People would pay good money to sit there and cheer the entire game. I'm amazed that you cannot realize how shitty an empty section looks for us nationally, but maybe the alcohol prevents you, and most students from seeing this. I'd rather the upper deck clear out after halftime, instead of the new part of stadium, that will be shown ad nauseam this coming season.

It_Could_Happen
02-05-2014, 03:24 PM
The student section is packed in the 4th quarter maybe 25% of the games. That's shitty. People would pay good money to sit there and cheer the entire game. I'm amazed that you cannot realize how shitty an empty section looks for us nationally, but maybe the alcohol prevents you, and most students from seeing this. I'd rather the upper deck clear out after halftime, instead of the new part of stadium, that will be shown ad nauseam this coming season.

If you wanna sit through a 63-7 blowout of Alcorn State that's fine with me. I'm a student, and I stayed the entire time for LSU, BGSU, Kentucky, Alabama, and Ole Miss. 95% of the people I was with did as well. If you wanna bash the students that's fine with me. It's not going to make or break my day. Here's something to consider: most families come up for football weekends, and I know in my case most of the time I got to spend with them was football weekends. If students leave they are probably outside tailgating with family. Just keep that in mind.

Harrydawg
02-05-2014, 03:33 PM
RougeDawg, are you the old 17'r that sits behind me each game yelling "HOLDING" after every offensive play by the visiting team? Eat a snickers.

It_Could_Happen
02-05-2014, 03:52 PM
RougeDawg, are you the old 17'r that sits behind me each game yelling "HOLDING" after every offensive play by the visiting team? Eat a snickers.

I could see him being "that guy."

maroonmania
02-05-2014, 04:10 PM
So my understanding is that EVERYONE is getting reseated? Are you supposed to just sit around and see where you end up? If you were in the lower level seats before are you at least guaranteed to stay there? I really don't understand how this is suppose to work. I've been in my same seats in the lower East side for 4 years now but is all the seating starting over from scratch based on the points?

Harrydawg
02-05-2014, 04:15 PM
Yup. No way to grandfather in to your seats.....everything (except for some premium areas) will be reseated - you can select your new seats from remaining seats when it's your turn to pick em (based on BC priority)

maroonmania
02-05-2014, 04:18 PM
Yup. No way to grandfather in to your seats.....everything (except for some premium areas) will be reseated - you can select your new seats from remaining seats when it's your turn to pick em (based on BC priority)

When does this happen? Do you call or do you choose seats online?

DownwardDawg
02-05-2014, 04:40 PM
When does this happen? Do you call or do you choose seats online?

I'm not sure. Hell I called and I'm still not sure. It sounded like I will have to pay at least 1/3 of my ticket total before I will be notified when it's my time to pick. The funny thing is that I sit on the East side upper deck but I have great seats and I love them. They can't even guarantee me those and 99% of folks want to sit on the lower deck.