PDA

View Full Version : Freeze up till 2:30 talking to Shepherd

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2014, 02:11 PM
Courtney Cronin ‏@CourtneyRCronin 5m
Harris said Freeze was in touch with Shepard until 2:30 a.m., talked him through the decision for a few hrs.

Where were our coaches?

Tee, what you did was wrong. You reap what you sow big guy. History tells us the kids that do what you did, typically turn into non-factors. Your integrity and character as a person has been ruined.

When you don't stand for something, you fall for anything. You fell.

Coach34
02-05-2014, 02:16 PM
Courtney Cronin ‏@CourtneyRCronin 5m
Harris said Freeze was in touch with Shepard until 2:30 a.m., talked him through the decision for a few hrs.

Where were our coaches?

What do you mean "where were our coaches"? You dont ****ing call every player at midnight to make sure they are still signing. I'm sure they had been in contact with everyone and had things set. Freezus came in and they made him another offer. He took it. They had been hard after our recruits- offering money to get them just to visit in January- none of our guys bit. Shepard did.

#Crootin

cheewgumm
02-05-2014, 02:23 PM
Freeze has no idea who to recruit unless:

A) Theya re 4 star
B) Mullen likes them

smootness
02-05-2014, 02:29 PM
Our coaches were probably sleeping, assuming that if they called all of their recruits at midnight, it would just piss them off.

You can't be on the phone with all of your recruits 24/7. Let's assume that because Freeze spent so much time on Shepard, he couldn't spend it on the other guys they were targeting, thus why they mostly struck out today; that will make us all feel better.

quickstrike2
02-05-2014, 02:35 PM
I'm sure our coaches had talked to him last night, and probably thought things were set. There not much you can do about a Freeze midnight, and especially when a kid will let him talk him thru a decision. Tee not deciding until lunch makes me think we maybe had a chance to sway him this morning but the damage was done. When Freeze tells him we are going all in on you its tough. Especially, when Mullen has Bracky in the same building hovering over the fax machine telling him if he even offers him a snicker bar, we are self reporting it.

chainedup_Dawg
02-05-2014, 02:37 PM
2:30 a.m. huh? Wasn't today a dead period, no contact?

maroonmania
02-05-2014, 02:38 PM
I'm sure our coaches had talked to him last night, and probably thought things were set. There not much you can do about a Freeze midnight, and especially when a kid will let him talk him thru a decision. Tee not deciding until lunch makes me think we maybe had a chance to sway him this morning but the damage was done. When Freeze tells him we are going all in on you its tough. Especially, when Mullen has Bracky in the same building hovering over the fax machine telling him if he even offers him a snicker bar, we are self reporting it.

To be honest with all his troubles at ND, his academic problems at Holmes and now his wishy washy commitments I have to say it just sounds like Tee, while athletically gifted, is a very immature individual.

smootness
02-05-2014, 02:40 PM
What I've never understood about stories like this in recruiting is, what can you possibly talk about for that long?

'Talked him through the decision'....for a few hours?!

'Yeah, come to Ole Miss. It will be a great decision for you. No, seriously. Everybody loves you, we want you real bad. Ah, come on, baby, you know it'll be great. Did you fall asleep? Oh, I didn't hear anything from you for a while. Anyway, seriously, it'd be really great if you came to Ole Miss. What makes it better than State? It just is, man, you know that. Ok, you promise to really think about it? Pinky promise? Ok, you hang up. No you do it. Ok, I'll hang up. You didn't either! Ok, seriously, you hang up...'

For a few freaking hours?

quickstrike2
02-05-2014, 02:40 PM
To be honest with all his troubles at ND, his academic problems at Holmes and now his wishy washy commitments I have to say it just sounds like Tee, while athletically gifted, is a very immature individual.

I would think so. He is worth the risk, but its not a huge loss.

chef dixon
02-05-2014, 02:52 PM
I'm glad he's gone so we don't have to see people continue to spell his name wrong.

MitchD24
02-05-2014, 02:58 PM
2:30 a.m. huh? Wasn't today a dead period, no contact?

No face to face contact, you can't still call

chainedup_Dawg
02-05-2014, 03:09 PM
Thanks, I honestly didn't know

AlSwearengen
02-05-2014, 03:35 PM
If we get the opportunity in the near future, no knees, no running the ball to kill the clock. No mercy of any kind. Score as many as possible.

msstate7
02-05-2014, 05:20 PM
Can tee hear on the phone? Is he completely deaf?

BeardoMSU
02-05-2014, 05:26 PM
Naw, he didn't have to hear - Freeze was actually on the phone with some bird that was jockin' his piece, and she was "humming" the translation to Tee***

Raytoraid83
02-05-2014, 05:43 PM
I put this on the "over tee" thread, but Freeze went to 6 of our recruits trying to flip them to embarrass Mullen and Tee was the only one that would listen. I'm ready for Dak to shove it down their throat already.

HereComesTheSpiral
02-05-2014, 05:53 PM
If we get the opportunity in the near future, no knees, no running the ball to kill the clock. No mercy of any kind. Score as many as possible.

I hope we are able to drive it to the 1 or 2 yard line and kneel it over on downs a few times in a row. That would be a bigger **** you to that piece of shit than running it in for touchdowns.

Todd4State
02-05-2014, 05:55 PM
I hope we are able to drive it to the 1 or 2 yard line and kneel it over on downs a few times in a row. That would be a bigger **** you to that piece of shit than running it in for touchdowns.

I'd throw a fade to Bear over Tee Shepherd at the 1 yard line.

Todd4State
02-05-2014, 05:56 PM
Freeze has no idea who to recruit unless:

A) Theya re 4 star
B) Mullen likes them

That's pretty much their recruiting philiosophy in a nut shell. Rawlings would be at La Tech or walking on at Ole Miss if it wasn't for Dan.

HereComesTheSpiral
02-05-2014, 06:06 PM
That's pretty much their recruiting philiosophy in a nut shell. Rawlings would be at La Tech or walking on at Ole Miss if it wasn't for Dan.

So with players like Rawlings, should we start holding off on them until the night before or is there sort of a gentlemens agreement with coaches that this type of thing crosses a line.

Dawg61
02-05-2014, 06:13 PM

I want Hutch to meet Tee about 20 times in November. Then he can meet Bear Wilson another 20 times. If he's still in the game that is.

defiantdog
02-05-2014, 06:15 PM

That will be a brawl whenever (if) they line up against each other.

Todd4State
02-05-2014, 06:24 PM
So with players like Rawlings, should we start holding off on them until the night before or is there sort of a gentlemens agreement with coaches that this type of thing crosses a line.

That's tough to answer. Obviously, it depends on the player- but on him we probably should have waited. In his case, he is such an Ole Miss fan I'm not sure it would have mattered any way. But then the flip side to that is, if you wait and it doesn't work out- then you can't get a guy like Cochran to replace him. He played the system and got a scholarship out of it where he wanted to go. Kudos to him. I don't have a problem with how the coaches handled it, though.

But there are no gentleman's agreements with recruiting in Mississippi ever. If there were, Ole Miss would be the first to break them.

I think we maybe need to learn how to play the game slightly better in that with our recruiting web sites we need to maybe try to down play certain recruits like Rawlings if we really want to get them later. And I do believe that MSU has some sort of input over the info that is put out there because Paul and Rosebowl both typically talk about the same players at about the same time.

Maybe like say "Well, we're looking at Rawlings but we'll see if we offer him or not" and then not say much until the very end.

Todd4State
02-05-2014, 06:25 PM
That will be a brawl whenever (if) they line up against each other.

My money is on our Bear.

mic
02-05-2014, 06:25 PM
Basically Tee wants to be ANYWHERE but Holmes next semester. If he doesn't have the grades he is going back to the west coast. We stayed on him when no one else apparently did . Im sure worked out a plan for him to get his grades in order and get the needed hours and classes by the fall. So he could be a dawg
After OM whiffs on about 5 guys , The Chosen One I guess pulls an all nighter and flips Tee. To me if he can be flipped this easy we don't need him. Need guys that want to be here at State not guys that just don't want to be at Holmes.
So Heres to Tee not getting the hours needed, back on the sunny west coast come August and playing juco ball for the City College of San Fran. Best of luck to ya..

Sacrifice
02-05-2014, 06:30 PM
Seriously, what's up with Freeze calling recruits at all hours of the night? He did the same thing to Hampton. It seems to work but it's just creepy as hell.

Todd4State
02-05-2014, 06:32 PM
Seriously, what's up with Freeze calling recruits at all hours of the night? He did the same thing to Hampton. It seems to work but it's just creepy as hell.

My question is why would you do it to a guy that you flipped to yourself?

But to answer your question- for attention.

BeardoMSU
02-05-2014, 06:34 PM
it's just creepy as hell.

Something like this?

http://i.imgur.com/hiEzuzS.gif

Sacrifice
02-05-2014, 06:41 PM
Something like this?
http://i.imgur.com/hiEzuzS.gif

😂😂😂 That's F-ing hilarious!!!

BeardoMSU
02-05-2014, 06:50 PM
Yeah, this is actually a scene from the new ESPN 30 for 30 about how Freeze is able to balance life on the recruiting trail with baptisms and dentist appointments, yet still somehow finding time to "call" his wife every night.

Coach34
02-05-2014, 07:05 PM
but Freeze went to 6 of our recruits trying to flip them to embarrass Mullen and Tee was the only one that would listen.

Cash was offered just to get them to visit in January. And they didnt.

Coach34
02-05-2014, 07:08 PM

We certainly offered Rawlings way too soon. We should have offered him last Friday and he would be in our class. He would have been committed to play in the bus leagues with HUD next year had we waited

Madkinmecrazy
02-05-2014, 07:16 PM
Cash was offered just to get them to visit in January. And they didnt.

Are you getting this from sources or just speculating?

Because honestly, I'm sick of us being the whiny pussies that cry "cheater" every time something doesn't go our way.

Not that I find it unbelievable, just that baseless accusations make us look like little bitches.

Dawg61
02-05-2014, 07:39 PM
Are you getting this from sources or just speculating?

Because honestly, I'm sick of us being the whiny pussies that cry "cheater" every time something doesn't go our way.

Not that I find it unbelievable, just that baseless accusations make us look like little bitches.

How many posters do you plan on calling a ***** today?

Madkinmecrazy
02-05-2014, 07:54 PM
How many posters do you plan on calling a ***** today?

All the ones that are being pussies by either:

a) claiming that anything that goes well for OM (or anything that goes poorly for us) is because of cheating (without any proof)
b) wishing physical harm on a recruit that didn't sign with us
c) blaming all of our recruiting problems on Bracky
d) the people who say the freezus only recruits Mullen's targets because he can't ID talent
Seriously, why do we have to have a bullshit excuse for everything?

FlabLoser
02-05-2014, 08:15 PM

a) claiming that anything that goes well for OM (or anything that goes poorly for us) is because of cheating (without any proof)
d) the people who say the freezus only recruits Mullen's targets because he can't ID talent

Everybody cheats. Deal with it.

But there is honor among cheaters. That's where OM crosses the line with 11th hour dead period flipping.

OM will burn for this kind of shit. They did it to too many big boys last year.

Madkinmecrazy
02-05-2014, 08:19 PM
Everybody cheats. Deal with it.

But there is honor among cheaters. That's where OM crosses the line with 11th hour dead period flipping.

Fact, everyone cheats - hence the reason for our probation. Unfortunately, we just get caught.

But I have to disagree, there is no honor among cheaters, and certainly none in college recruiting (especially SEC).

And Tee is an idiot for committing to us at the 10th hour and flipping to Ole Miss at the 11th hour, but it's not like it was a total wildcard. He had Ole Miss as his #1 in Nov/Dec and just recently switched to us.

BossDawg
02-05-2014, 09:56 PM
brushing his teeth.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BItFSMFCcAAGcgG.jpg:thumb

BeardoMSU
02-05-2014, 10:06 PM
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa13/max2400/BrushYourTeeth.gif

LiterallyPolice
02-05-2014, 11:19 PM

For what it's worth, I agree with you. It rubs me the wrong way.

One of these has to be true:
1) Ole Miss doesn't cheat. In this case we are wrong to accuse them.
2) Ole Miss cheats to a level that is acceptable. In this case, we should be too.
3) Ole Miss crosses the line in their cheating and we have proof. In this case, we should turn them in.
4) Ole Miss crosses the line in their cheating but we can't prove it. In this case, we should either get proof or learn a thing or two about stealth.

Crying "cheater" is like complaining about the refs. It's what sore losers do. If we need to recruit better, we need to focus on ourselves.

And the really annoying part is that we didn't lose anything today. Recruiting rankings aren't a sport. In real sports we win against Ole Miss. So let's have a little more pride and quit acting like we lost today.

Except in basketball. We lost in basketball.

BeardoMSU
02-05-2014, 11:22 PM
Recruiting rankings aren't a sport. In real sports we win against Ole Miss. So let's have a little more pride and quit acting like we lost today.

That's a bingo.

sandwolf
02-06-2014, 11:02 AM
For what it's worth, I agree with you. It rubs me the wrong way.

One of these has to be true:
1) Ole Miss doesn't cheat. In this case we are wrong to accuse them.
2) Ole Miss cheats to a level that is acceptable. In this case, we should be too.
3) Ole Miss crosses the line in their cheating and we have proof. In this case, we should turn them in.
4) Ole Miss crosses the line in their cheating but we can't prove it. In this case, we should either get proof or learn a thing or two about stealth.

Crying "cheater" is like complaining about the refs. It's what sore losers do. If we need to recruit better, we need to focus on ourselves.

This is a perfect summation of the way I feel about it.