PDA

View Full Version : Turning point for MSU football?

cheewgumm
02-05-2014, 02:01 PM
If we are as good this year, as many think we will be, this could be a turning point for MSU football.

There are several things coming to a head.

1) We are, theoretically, going to be good jsut on the field.(Many returning players, returning stud QB, etc...)
2) Schedule is in our favor.
3) 2015 MS has tons of great players.

Freeze should be sweating his balls off about now.

Imagine:

State wins 10.
State beats Ole Miss University in Oxford.

The Ole Miss U fans won't be able to believe that Mullen beats Freeze AGAIN...with all the talent they are assembling. If this happens, I don't see how Freeze makes it out of 2014 as OMU coach.

If he gets the axe, theoreitcally their recruiting suffers, and Mullen cleans up in 2015.

If I'm an Ole Miss fan the above is my biggest fear and it is realistic.

ShotgunDawg
02-05-2014, 02:05 PM
If we are as good this year, as many think we will be, this could be a turning point for MSU football.

There are several things coming to a head.

1) We are, theoretically, going to be good jsut on the field.(Many returning players, returning stud QB, etc...)
2) Schedule is in our favor.
3) 2015 MS has tons of great players.

Freeze should be sweating his balls off about now.

Imagine:

State wins 10.
State beats Ole Miss University in Oxford.

The Ole Miss U fans won't be able to believe that Mullen beats Freeze AGAIN...with all the talent they are assembling. If this happens, I don't see how Freeze makes it out of 2014 as OMU coach.

If he gets the axe, theoreitcally their recruiting suffers, and Mullen cleans up in 2015.

If I'm an Ole Miss fan the above is my biggest fear and it is realistic.

It makes no difference if elite talent continues to be bought out from underneath us.

RossDawg82
02-05-2014, 02:18 PM
no chance they get rid of Freeze next year. He has them heading in the right direction and his methodology in recruiting is obviously working. I think both teams will have a good season next year and the only way we will win the recruiting battle is if we go to their house and stomp them.

sleepy dawg
02-05-2014, 02:18 PM
If we are good this year, wouldn't that mean we've already made the turning point?

cheewgumm
02-05-2014, 02:21 PM
Good, point, but I'm thinking more long term.