PDA

View Full Version : Ole miss goes all in

Esmerelda Villalobos
02-05-2014, 01:43 PM
On 6 of our commits last night and get one. A guy that MAY qualify and if he does, would report when school starts. A guy that as talented as he is, isnt necessarily a starter for us. We are loaded at CB. It isn't the end of the world. A week ago Yancy said this guy has no prayer of qualifying.

We did well today guys.

Saltydog
02-05-2014, 01:45 PM
nt

Sacrifice
02-05-2014, 01:46 PM
They probably sent some coeds down last night to go "All In"

CJDAWG85
02-05-2014, 01:48 PM
Who were the recruits other than Tee?

Esmerelda Villalobos
02-05-2014, 01:48 PM
We didnt go after any of theirs. How many in recent history? 4 out of 5.

Saltydog
02-05-2014, 01:50 PM
nt

mstatefan91
02-05-2014, 01:51 PM
We didnt go after any of theirs. How many in recent history? 4 out of 5.

Well played. Well played.

I think my favorite is that they go after our guys and then when they don't get them, they start bashing them.

Fuking bears man

Saltydog
02-05-2014, 01:51 PM
man. They've got some nice players and if we didn't go after some of them then our coaches are worse at recruiting than I thought.

Esmerelda Villalobos
02-05-2014, 01:52 PM
man. They've got some nice players and if we didn't go after some of them then our coaches are worse at recruiting than I thought.

If you would rather win in february than november....you are on the wrong board.

Saltydog
02-05-2014, 01:55 PM
the field but a lot of that was with Nutt's old players. Freeze has kicked our ass the last two years in recruiting and it's not even close. Sooner or later that talent will catch up with us. Freeze has beat Mullen head to head on a lot of recruits in the past 2-3 years and that should worry all MSU fans. If it doesn't you're not facing reality or are in denial.

Sam&DeansDawg
02-05-2014, 01:58 PM
If you would rather win in february than november....you are on the wrong board.

You have to win both

FlabLoser
02-05-2014, 02:01 PM
How many of theirs did we get? How many have we gotten in recent history?

Don't care who they want. I care who we want.

We got almost everybody we wanted, so we did good.

That Tee thing was like the other team with an alley oop dunk at halftime. Stings, and leaves a bad taste. But not a huge deal. We're playing well, have the momentum, and the future is very very bright.

Esmerelda Villalobos
02-05-2014, 02:02 PM
the field but a lot of that was with Nutt's old players. Freeze has kicked our ass the last two years in recruiting and it's not even close. Sooner or later that talent will catch up with us. Freeze has beat Mullen head to head on a lot of recruits in the past 2-3 years and that should worry all MSU fans. If it doesn't you're not facing reality or are in denial.

Nutt beat our ass in recruiting. So did orgeron. Your point? We beat their ass head to head on a bunch to? You dont think they were drooling over aeris, gerri, graham and bryant?

mstatefan91
02-05-2014, 02:05 PM
You have to win both

Idk I'm pretty sure that 50 years from now people will only remember the one in November.

LiterallyPolice
02-05-2014, 02:08 PM

Will it though? I'm convinced that recruiting and recruiting rankings measure individuals, while that game of football is the ultimate team sport. I've seen nothing that indicates TSUN is going to get better.

I mean, with all their recruiting success, they have Wallace as their best option at QB and they don't have a running back.

mstatefan91
02-05-2014, 02:10 PM
Will it though? I'm convinced that recruiting and recruiting rankings measure individuals, while that game of football is the ultimate team sport. I've seen nothing that indicates TSUN is going to get better.

I mean, with all their recruiting success, they have Wallace as their best option at QB and they don't have a running back.
And they use their best receivers for screens.

dawgs
02-05-2014, 02:13 PM
Idk I'm pretty sure that 50 years from now people will only remember the one in November.

The one in February usually leads to the one in November though. It's why the sec is the best conference on the field in the fall, because in February the sec signs more than double the number of 4+* recruits than any other conference. Espn just showed a graphic and the sec signed 119 of their top 300. The ACC was second with 49 of the top 300. So recruiting matters.

I seen it dawg
02-05-2014, 02:16 PM
It matters but not if you don't do shit with it. See 4/5

RougeDawg
02-05-2014, 02:16 PM
Does Tee Shepard even know how to get to Oxford?

mstatefan91
02-05-2014, 02:17 PM
The one in February usually leads to the one in November though. It's why the sec is the best conference on the field in the fall, because in February the sec signs more than double the number of 4+* recruits than any other conference. Espn just showed a graphic and the sec signed 119 of their top 300. The ACC was second with 49 of the top 300. So recruiting matters.

Not arguing there but you don't necessarily have to have the best recruits to do the best. A lot of those young men (4 and 5 stars) who signed today will pan out to nothing.

smootness
02-05-2014, 02:19 PM
You have to win both

Why do you have to win anything besides games on the field?

Coach34
02-05-2014, 02:21 PM
You have to win both

not really- OM has won the recruiting rankings 8 of the last 10 years. By that assessment, we should have gone 2-8 vs them. But we went 6-4

Coach34
02-05-2014, 02:22 PM
The one in February usually leads to the one in November though. .

Not in Mississippi- OM has won Feb 8 of the last 10.

biscuit
02-05-2014, 02:37 PM
I'll go ahead and say I'm sorry for this but....here it comes....FU@K Ole Miss.....I could care less about what they are doing up there. I want to be better than that. We need to pay attention to what Bama, LSU, Auburn and the top tier are doing and compete accordingly. We need to worry about the good teams and not TSUN to win titles. Beating them will take care of itself.

drunkernhelldawg
02-05-2014, 02:59 PM

That's why I don't care about the rank of the class. What matters is how each player fits into our team, and I have become a fan of the way that Coach Mullen is building our team. Is there a more ultimate team game than football? Not even futbol, imo.

Sam&DeansDawg
02-05-2014, 03:10 PM
Not arguing there but you don't necessarily have to have the best recruits to do the best. A lot of those young men (4 and 5 stars) who signed today will pan out to nothing.

But most will be the best at the game (Chris Jones)

mstatefan91
02-05-2014, 03:15 PM
But most will be the best at the game (Chris Jones)

Given the right coaching staff, they will be.