PDA

View Full Version : Now that 2014 is over- get the **** ready for 2015 because...

Coach34
02-05-2014, 01:32 PM
it is going to be the dirtiest, scummiest, most hotly-contested recruiting battle in our state's history.

2015 has more talent in Mississippi than we have had in a long time- if ever. I heard someone say there could be 12-14 4-star or better players to come out of Mississippi for 2015.

I'm going to hate the dead times for football this year. Going to be ridiculous.

Big4Dawg
02-05-2014, 01:39 PM
it is going to be the dirtiest, scummiest, most hotly-contested recruiting battle in our state's history.

2015 has more talent in Mississippi than we have had in a long time- if ever. I heard someone say there could be 12-14 4-star or better players to come out of Mississippi for 2015.

I'm going to hate the dead times for football this year. Going to be ridiculous.

This is what I'm worried about. We can out recruit them, show them why State is better, beat them on the field, but they will win in the end - NCAA be damned.

Saltydog
02-05-2014, 01:39 PM
nt

civildawg
02-05-2014, 01:45 PM
They will beat us again in recruiting next year. We have got to do better in recruiting. It's simple, get better players and you will win more. Our recruiting ranking is 40. No SEC school should be that low ever.

bully99
02-05-2014, 01:46 PM
That's why we should be worried, because Mullen hasn't shown he can win a recruiting battle with freeze.

civildawg
02-05-2014, 01:47 PM
That's why we should be worried, because Mullen hasn't shown he can win a recruiting battle with freeze.

Yep

Todd4State
02-05-2014, 01:48 PM

Chris Jones disagrees.

msstate7
02-05-2014, 01:51 PM
Chris Jones disagrees.

Pretty sure Rebs wanted shump, green, and Williams

EAVdog
02-05-2014, 01:54 PM
The only way to stop a program hell bent on doing whatever it takes to flip a commit is to catch them red handed. Certainly folks know the story behind this latest episode.

quickstrike2
02-05-2014, 01:54 PM
Bracky needs to be reassigned to some other position on campus this afternoon in preparation for the 2015 class. It has to bother Dan that he can't do the same things that other can to get recruits. Bringing a knife to a gun fight.

starkvegasdawg
02-05-2014, 01:56 PM
Maybe we can send Bracky to the Library next January as our spy.

engie
02-05-2014, 01:57 PM
2015 is teed up for us to do really well in MS in recruiting. Ton of early MSU leans. Just got to capitalize on it and lock them down -- and ignore the chatter.

Sam&DeansDawg
02-05-2014, 01:58 PM
Mullen has to step up to the plate with Hugh to get these kids. Do better

smootness
02-05-2014, 01:59 PM

The freak are you talking about?

Bothrops
02-05-2014, 02:04 PM
These OM people are so ****ing stupid, they only try to flip players based on their number of stars. Doesn't matter what position or need, it's about stars. That whole program is counterfeit.

hopsondawg
02-05-2014, 02:05 PM
Mullen has to step up to the plate with Hugh to get these kids. Do better

Talking about stepping up to the plate, until we start playing the game like the rest of the SEC does we will continue to see shit like this happen.

bully99
02-05-2014, 02:07 PM
How many players have we been in the lead for and lost. We still have another football season and eggbowl to go before next February. Losing out to Alabama or lsu is one thing, losing out to om, ky, and Arizona are another. You can spin it all you want.

Coach34
02-05-2014, 02:08 PM

Jones, Shumpert, Williams, Green, etc...stop being ridiculous

Bothrops
I expect the same recruiting flipping bullshit to happen again with them next year. Except it will be on a larger scale. Just need to keep beating them on the field...like we do.

MadDawg
Sounds like it's lining up to be a banner year at the plantation.

Coach34
02-05-2014, 02:10 PM
losing out to om, ky, and Arizona are another. .

Beating them for players like we did is fun too

Homedawg
02-05-2014, 02:47 PM
Bracky needs to be reassigned to some other position on campus this afternoon in preparation for the 2015 class. It has to bother Dan that he can't do the same things that other can to get recruits. Bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Do you honestly think that ole miss boosters are getting an ok from their compliance dept to cheat their ass off? Be real man. They have their stuff together but it's not bc compliance is signing off on illegal shit. That's a death wish.

Coach34
02-05-2014, 02:51 PM
Do you honestly think that ole miss boosters are getting an ok from their compliance dept to cheat their ass off? Be real man. They have their stuff together but it's not bc compliance is signing off on illegal shit.

Ole Miss is very good at it because Hugh Freeze organizes it with the boosters. He is hands on and doesnt leave anything questioned. We dont do that in any way, shape, or form.

Their boosters tell him they dont mind spending the money- you just better win when we do.

quickstrike2
02-05-2014, 02:56 PM
Do you honestly think that ole miss boosters are getting an ok from their compliance dept to cheat their ass off? Be real man. They have their stuff together but it's not bc compliance is signing off on illegal shit. That's a death wish.

They definitely have their stuff together. I highly doubt compliance is signing off on documents saying its ok. Do i think compliance is ignoring some stuff, hell yeah. If not, why did they fight so hard to not turn stuff over to Veazy last year?

smootness
02-05-2014, 03:00 PM
How many players have we been in the lead for and lost. We still have another football season and eggbowl to go before next February. Losing out to Alabama or lsu is one thing, losing out to om, ky, and Arizona are another. You can spin it all you want.

I'm not spinning anything. You're the one claiming Mullen has never beat Freeze for a kid, which is just asinine and stupid.

Homedawg
02-05-2014, 03:03 PM
Ole Miss is very good at it because Hugh Freeze organizes it with the boosters. He is hands on and doesnt leave anything questioned. We dont do that in any way, shape, or form.

Their boosters tell him they dont mind spending the money- you just better win when we do.

I agree w this. But that's totally different than compliance saying hell yea we are ok w it. I know freeze is hands on.

drunkernhelldawg
02-05-2014, 03:11 PM

Kicking their ass on the field really gets me worried. Frankly, I'd rather win on paper.

War Machine Dawg
02-05-2014, 03:47 PM
I agree w this. But that's totally different than compliance saying hell yea we are ok w it. I know freeze is hands on.

You can't be that hands on without the involvement of compliance. There's a reason Freeze wanted all the alleged recruiting violations forwarded to his compliance office last year. It's so they can get a heads up and make sure the bodies are buried so deeply no one will ever be able to find them. That's how a good compliance office does it in the current environment.

What they don't do is self-report everything under the sun and actively look to bury the university like Bracky.

Thick
02-05-2014, 04:19 PM
There will be at least 15 four star prospects next year in Mississippi. The good thing about several of these players is that we have already established relationships with some, and others already have connections to MSU through family members. For those of you that think that we have not won our share of battles with Bucky and company, you are mistaken. They came after several of our commits this year, and got NOTHING. Chris Jones.....nada, but next year it's going to get "mafia war" ugly in this state!!! Our success next year recruiting will be influenced by our play on the field this upcoming season.

I also really believe the #catchupgang's passion and enthusiasm for MSU will help big time with recruiting. I have never seen a more vocal and enthusiastic group of recruits ever at MSU. That's a good thing, and can also be a very big influencer during visits. The recruiting season for next year is pretty much underway...tomorrow. Get ready because this is not going to be for those with weak stomachs.....gut shot on a deer NASTY!!!

West Houston Dog
02-05-2014, 04:24 PM
when D Nix's contract is up at tsun, put together a hiring bid that gives him a nice fat raise(cmon open the wallet strickland)..and bump one of our coaches that doesnt recruit too well up to the office. the guy seems to be one heck of a recruiter...would love to flip one of tsun's guys with our own $$$!!!

defiantdog
02-05-2014, 04:33 PM
when D Nix's contract is up at tsun, put together a hiring bid that gives him a nice fat raise(cmon open the wallet strickland)..and bump one of our coaches that doesnt recruit too well up to the office. the guy seems to be one heck of a recruiter...would love to flip one of tsun's guys with our own $$$!!!

Really? What would you do with Greg Knox? He did get Aeris Williams.... OM can keep their coaching staff. Think of this now (not to jinx anything).... when was the last time we had a player with an off the field altercation? We may not get the stars, but we do get good quality individuals who represent MSU well. I'll take our coaching staff any day.... do you really want another Nick Turner type player on the team?

sandwolf
02-05-2014, 04:46 PM
Really? What would you do with Greg Knox? He did get Aeris Williams.... OM can keep their coaching staff. Think of this now (not to jinx anything).... when was the last time we had a player with an off the field altercation? We may not get the stars, but we do get good quality individuals who represent MSU well. I'll take our coaching staff any day.... do you really want another Nick Turner type player on the team?

Personally, I just want to win football games.

ETA: If we can do that with a bunch of choir boys, then I am all for it. But I can look past a little bit of questionable character if we are winning.

TheRef
02-05-2014, 05:18 PM

ETA:But I can look past a little bit of questionable character if we are winning.

Jackie? Tressel? Is that you?

msstate7
02-05-2014, 05:23 PM

ETA: If we can do that with a bunch of choir boys, then I am all for it. But I can look past a little bit of questionable character if we are winning.

How much questionable character are willing to over look? Pushing around our coaches? Rape? How about the penn st scandal? I wanna win, but not at all costs

drunkernhelldawg
02-05-2014, 05:27 PM
How much questionable character are willing to over look? Pushing around our coaches? Rape? How about the penn st scandal? I wanna win, but not at all costs

Best post of the day. You must think you're something, using words to make other people think.

Westdawg
02-05-2014, 05:44 PM

I don't really want Nix on staff. However I can attest to this one fact - that guy flat out RECRUITS. He does the small stuff. I was truly impressed with that guy when I coached in Memphis. He just works it. And I hate to say that.

MadDawg
02-05-2014, 05:47 PM
I don't really want Nix on staff. However I can attest to this one fact - that guy flat out RECRUITS. He does the small stuff. I was truly impressed with that guy when I coached in Memphis. He just works it. And I hate to say that.

Dang. He must stay on the phone with recruits until like 3am. ***

dawgs
02-05-2014, 05:52 PM

penn st had nothing to do with players, which is why it was asinine for the ncaa to get involved.

drunkernhelldawg
02-05-2014, 06:15 PM
penn st had nothing to do with players, which is why it was asinine for the ncaa to get involved.

That ensures their involvment. They'd have better sense, but the ball they roll with has two pointy ends.

Westdawg
02-05-2014, 07:27 PM

Dang. He must stay on the phone with recruits until like 3am. ***

No, and I realize the sarcasm, but the guy just flat out makes players and even HS coaches like him. He came in and say through a few hours of video and chatting with players, even the ones he never intended to recruit just to finally get the one kid on our team to talk to him.
I see a lot of that in Collins. Dude is a recruiting machine. We have ours In Collins.

BossDawg
02-05-2014, 09:38 PM

I don't think it's this. Mullen has shown to be a serviceable recruiter at the very least. I think our boosters and such haven't shown they are willing to win a recruiting battle while in the thick of things (to MY knowledge). The OM guys are flat out desperate lunatics when it comes to 17 year old blue chips, which makes me wonder how in hell they've gotten away with it.