PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee Recruiting Class

Madkinmecrazy
02-05-2014, 11:47 AM
Can someone who understands the process more than me please tell me how Tennessee is signing 35+ this year. I understand there are some rules about carrying over "extras" from previous years, early enrollees, etc., but 35 is Houston Nutt-esque.

engie
02-05-2014, 11:55 AM
They aren't. They are down to 32 or so now.

It's actually more complex than this because it's a rotating average -- but for simplicity, I'm going to confine it to one year.

They signed 23 last year in the class of 2013. 5 of them were Early Enrollees(EEs) that can be counted toward the class of 2012(provided that there is room under the 25 limit). This actually filters down through the years -- but we're keeping it simple at the moment. Given that, only 18 players have now counted toward their class last year. That gives them room for 25 that count toward this year -- plus 7 that count toward last year(must enroll in December) -- hence how you end up with a class of 32.

Madkinmecrazy
02-05-2014, 12:08 PM
Thank you... I knew it had something to do with early enrollees, but wasn't sure how it worked. Makes sense.

ESPN is currently showing 36 signees for them (it was 37 a few minutes ago).

engie
02-05-2014, 12:43 PM
Thank you... I knew it had something to do with early enrollees, but wasn't sure how it worked. Makes sense.

ESPN is currently showing 36 signees for them (it was 37 a few minutes ago).

Quite a few decommits, flips, and JUCO placements(without signing a NLI) in that list. Their real number is somewhere around 32...

Cash
02-05-2014, 08:38 PM
I saw on espnu's coverage that a few of their commits will count towards next years class. I wasn't aware you could do that. Maybe it has something to do with them losing 28 players or so from last year. Not sure exactly, but I'm positive I heard them say a few would count towards their 2015 class.

engie
02-05-2014, 08:38 PM
I saw on espnu's coverage that a few of their commits will count towards next years class. I wasn't aware you could do that. Maybe it has something to do with them losing 28 players or so from last year. Not sure exactly, but I'm positive I heard them say a few would count towards their 2015 class.

Greyshirts...

TUSK
02-05-2014, 08:45 PM
Greyshirts...

Engie, u need to givem NSD Sabin Style 101.

201 involves "medical redshirts", processing, etc.

Dawg61
02-05-2014, 08:45 PM
Greyshirts...

No it's a new thing they are doing called Blue-Shirts. Tennessee is just as ****ing dirty as Ole Miss. Bunch of cheating ****ers all around us. Auburn, Ole Miss and Tennessee.

MzTerry
02-05-2014, 08:52 PM
No it's a new thing they are doing called Blue-Shirts. Tennessee is just as ****ing dirty as Ole Miss. Bunch of cheating ****ers all around us. Auburn, Ole Miss and Tennessee.

exactly... greyshirts still count against the 25

Dawg61
02-05-2014, 08:56 PM
From what I understand they don't actually enroll till January I think and that way they will count towards the next class or they pay for their first semester and then they count towards next year. Eventually this shit will backfire on Tennessee. They will eventually **** it up somehow and either get a signing class with only 15 guys or get a nice NCAA sanctions party. Dirty Vols gonna Dirty Vol.

Madkinmecrazy
02-05-2014, 09:21 PM

Just read up on what a blueshirt is. That's some bullshit. NCAA will probably close that loophole somehow soon.

Here's a link. Like I said, bullshit. http://www.presnapread.com/whats-a-blue-shirt-anyway/

Todd4State
02-05-2014, 09:43 PM
I thought a walk-on had to be on campus for two years before getting a scholarship?

Todd4State
02-05-2014, 09:45 PM
Also- random thought- why don't we do that with guys like Shareef White? There are always a few borderline recruit type of players that a lot of fans would like to have but we don't have room and then they end up at ULL or USM.

Dawg61
02-05-2014, 10:00 PM
Unless the players are elite I don't think it's a good idea to start dipping into next year's class. Counting back is one thing but counting forward should only be done for special talents that you'd need to move a different player's scholarship for.