PDA

View Full Version : Jacob Lindgren

MsStateBaseball
02-04-2014, 09:16 PM
He has it now. His mentality is come in get a few outs go back to bench. Seems he is excelling at the role. Plus he might could pitch each SEC game and give us a huge boost. He just isn't a true starter.

Will James
02-04-2014, 09:18 PM
Gimme 80 IP from him at least, out of the pen. Girodo all year long.

messageboardsuperhero
02-04-2014, 09:23 PM
He'll start out in that role, but I bet we end up extending him like Girodo before it's all said and done.

Then again, if he can come in and get 2-3 crucial outs multiple times per weekend, that's pretty valuable as well.

Will James
02-04-2014, 09:36 PM
My hope is that Woodruff can be a horse on Friday, which allows us to have a Lindgren, Hudson, Holder, Young, Cox, etc. stable for Sat and Sun. That's why I don't want the best pitchers starting on Saturday. Lets say Saturday we start Fitts and get out to an early 5-0 lead. Well, starting Lingo or Hudson there would be wasting innings. Lets go Fitts, Preston Brown and have Lingo, Hudson, Young, AND Holder for Sunday.

Use em when we need em.

Todd4State
02-04-2014, 11:03 PM
He'll start out in that role, but I bet we end up extending him like Girodo before it's all said and done.

Then again, if he can come in and get 2-3 crucial outs multiple times per weekend, that's pretty valuable as well.

I'm hoping that our pitching is deep enough that we don't have to do that this year.

Todd4State
02-04-2014, 11:05 PM
My hope is that Woodruff can be a horse on Friday, which allows us to have a Lindgren, Hudson, Holder, Young, Cox, etc. stable for Sat and Sun. That's why I don't want the best pitchers starting on Saturday. Lets say Saturday we start Fitts and get out to an early 5-0 lead. Well, starting Lingo or Hudson there would be wasting innings. Lets go Fitts, Preston Brown and have Lingo, Hudson, Young, AND Holder for Sunday.

Use em when we need em.

It depends on the match-up. I'd rather have a guy like a Woodruff going up against a guy like Nola no matter what day they actually pitch whether it's Friday or Saturday. The good thing about college is you can match-up like that because your pitchers have 6-7 days of rest.

bully99
02-04-2014, 11:26 PM
How is Youngs arm. Still Hasn't pitched much.

ScottH
02-05-2014, 12:09 AM

Yes a Girodo type role. I'll go with 2-3 outs couple of times a weekend. Fortunately, no extending needed this year.

We have real starting pitching. Not hope and pray we can get to the 4th inning.

Damn this is going to be fun. Not without some lumps mind you. And it's just the beginning. We are set to reload.

And to my dear BearShark lurking friends, it doesn't matter one bit who you hire to replace Bianco. If fact, some of the folks you think would crawl to City of Oxford Stadium to coach, won't be interested because of what they would be dealing with while MSU baseball is on Cohen's watch.

Todd4State
02-05-2014, 12:15 AM
How is Youngs arm. Still Hasn't pitched much.

Last I heard it was good. He was throwing in the low 90's. Like I've said before, we're going to be conservative with him this year because we can afford to do so. We're going to teach him how to be a starting pitcher and then after Woodruff leaves, we'll put him in the weekend rotation.

He'll probably pitch mid-week for us this year. And he'll be a beast for us. He'll get a few easy starts like against Valley- but then he'll also get to pitch against some pretty good teams like Ole Miss and USM too.

Lefthandersrule
02-05-2014, 08:58 AM
Lingo has excepted the role they want him do perform. If the coaches act in the same manner as last year we will need him to eat up a lot of innings. Ross looked good yesterday as well. Still cannot figure out how he misses bats while throwing in the low 80's.

I believe Will James has a good breakdown of what we need to do this season with our pitchers other than Woody. Let's all hope Woody can be the horse we need him to be.

TheRef
02-05-2014, 09:00 AM
Ross looked good yesterday as well. Still cannot figure out how he misses bats while throwing in the low 80's.

Is he our version of Greg Maddux? I'd say so.

Maroons
02-05-2014, 10:28 AM
Is he our version of Greg Maddux? I'd say so.

No, Maddux operated in the 87-92 range with his FB.

Moyer is a better comparison.