PDA

View Full Version : Ninja strikes us again...

maroonmania
02-04-2014, 02:56 PM
Supposedly Rosebowl is saying Griffin will sign with 'Zona. Crap!

civildawg
02-04-2014, 02:59 PM
We need to start paying players big time

Big4Dawg
02-04-2014, 03:03 PM
Man, we love 2nd place.

GreenheadDawg
02-04-2014, 04:00 PM
I hate recruiting season. It's the same shit every year. Has there ever been a team be a bridesmaid more than State. I don't give a flying **** about distance, it shouldn't matter if Griffin is from ****in French Polynesia. We should beat out Arizona Everytime for a recruit. This shit gets really old

NCDawg
02-04-2014, 04:02 PM
We need somebody on the staff that is a good recruiter-maybe somebody like Orgeron.

Todd4State
02-04-2014, 04:03 PM
We need somebody on the staff that is a good recruiter-maybe somebody like Orgeron.

Bracky and O = LOL.

maroonmania
02-04-2014, 04:05 PM
Bracky and O = LOL.

Dumping Bracky to another position will be the first real sign to me that we've truly decided to try and compete in the SEC.

Todd4State
02-04-2014, 04:06 PM
I hate recruiting season. It's the same shit every year. Has there ever been a team be a bridesmaid more than State. I don't give a flying **** about distance, it shouldn't matter if Griffin is from ****in French Polynesia. We should beat out Arizona Everytime for a recruit. This shit gets really old

I know I'm probably in the minority when I say this, but we're probably a lot better off focusing even more on Mississippi and taking guys like Shareef White and Sangster than we are chasing 4-5 star guys that are out of state kids and are already committed somewhere like Oklahoma State. I'm including Mississippi JUCO kids when I say "in state" for the record.

Really Clark?
02-04-2014, 04:07 PM

What?!? I get frustrated as well but beat out a PAC 12 team for a west coast recruit EVERY time. That's kind of delusional. I know it's hard to beleive but not everybody thinks the same about our school or the SEC. Shocking I know.

GreenheadDawg
02-04-2014, 04:13 PM
What?!? I get frustrated as well but beat out a PAC 12 team for a west coast recruit EVERY time. That's kind of delusional. I know it's hard to beleive but not everybody thinks the same about our school or the SEC. Shocking I know.

I get what your saying but we aren't talking about Oregon or Washington that beat us. It's Arizona. Maybe I am delusional but I just don't think they should beat us out for any recruit outside of the state of Arizona. Sorry

msstate7
02-04-2014, 04:16 PM
I get what your saying but we aren't talking about Oregon or Washington that beat us. It's Arizona. Maybe I am delusional but I just don't think they should beat us out for any recruit outside of the state of Arizona. Sorry

Tempe probably much better than Starkville.

RougeDawg
02-04-2014, 04:20 PM

I think the NFL draft results and championships of the SEC should speak for themselves. Shit, even Mississippi State is churning out top round picks every year along with multiple players drafted. I didn't look it up but is be willing to bet we've put more players in the league than Arizona and most of the PAC12 teams.

GreenheadDawg
02-04-2014, 04:21 PM

Yeh I guess we can just keep using this excuse. It makes sense

War Machine Dawg
02-04-2014, 04:24 PM
Dumping Bracky to another position will be the first real sign to me that we've truly decided to try and compete in the SEC.

Bingo. Until we're ready to admit Bracky is an incompetent albatross, we'll never close with these high profile croots. Just isn't possible with Barney Fife watching your ever move like a hawk. We've either got to start playing the game without handcuffs or quit.

chef dixon
02-04-2014, 04:27 PM
No one wants to listen to Rosebowl when he hints at possible good news, but if its bad news he's pretty credible I suppose.

preachermatt83
02-04-2014, 04:28 PM
Rosebowl has no idea where Griffin is going. Nobody but Griffin knows. I don't think he ends up at State but I certainly don't think it will be Arizona. I think it will come down to Washington St and MSU and I think distance will be the deciding factor.

bully99
02-04-2014, 04:34 PM
Clay Travis says this will be the biggest haul of talent one conference has ever had with 9 of the top 15 classes in the sec. Of course we are nowhere to be found. How long can Dan Mullen continue to get whipped in recruiting.

Really Clark?
02-04-2014, 04:34 PM
I think the NFL draft results and championships of the SEC should speak for themselves. Shit, even Mississippi State is churning out top round picks every year along with multiple players drafted. I didn't look it up but is be willing to bet we've put more players in the league than Arizona and most of the PAC12 teams.

You think that but a lot of people don't. They have 12 players in the league right now including Nick Foles, we have 15. And we are way way behind USC, UCLA, Oregon, Stanford. Oregon State, Washington have a few more as well. I stopped looking at that point. You are thinking of them as a low tier D1 school but they are not and nationally have more prestige.

maroonmania
02-04-2014, 04:57 PM
Bingo. Until we're ready to admit Bracky is an incompetent albatross, we'll never close with these high profile croots. Just isn't possible with Barney Fife watching your ever move like a hawk. We've either got to start playing the game without handcuffs or quit.

And its not just Bracky the person but everything that having someone like Bracky in that position represents about the way our administration views recruiting. Even with the "cleaning up" supposedly of basketball recruiting and hiring Ray, it all stems from the same mindset. Maybe we should rename ourselves "Right Way" University since that's apparently all we are concerned with. Starting to think basketball is a lost cause because of the recruiting issue and football is likely at a standstill if we can't recruit on a halfway level playing field.

Bothrops
02-04-2014, 05:12 PM
He will sign with Arizona and it's in Tucson, a town about the size of Birmingham.

SignalToNoise
02-04-2014, 05:25 PM
How long can Dan Mullen continue to get whipped in recruiting.

For as long as he wins games and takes us to bowls.

missouridawg
02-04-2014, 05:51 PM
Or Tucson.

dawgclub99
02-04-2014, 06:00 PM
I said it a while back. If you are happy winning 8 games every few years and staying near the bottom the other years, then continue recruiting the way we are. If we want championships, we have to start recruiting higher ranked players. I know Mizzou did it this year, but for the most part, to win big, you have to be top 20 consistently and we are not there right now.

bulldawg28
02-04-2014, 06:41 PM
Some of our fans are idiots when it comes to recruiting.

Bothrops
02-04-2014, 06:45 PM
We aren't going to recruit consistent top 20 classes under the current regime

Dawgowar
02-04-2014, 06:45 PM

Tempe is Arizona State

Bothrops
02-04-2014, 06:48 PM
Our staff has a different approach to recruiting and it's one that I like. But as far as recruiting rankings, I don't know how many coaches would recruit consistent top 20 classes at State in the present day.

quickstrike2
02-04-2014, 07:01 PM
I would like to think we have gotten at playing the game of recruiting. I think the Chris Jones saga taught the staff alot. We didn't fall for the Epps and Pack wanting to visit so they could flip their own kinda junk, so I think we have wised up.

The main thing is what has already been said, Bracky and the current recruiting scheme puts us behind. Then Starkville just doesn't stand out, this years seems like we have shown the recruits a good time, but compared to most town we lose. The more people we put in the pros will help, but alot of schools are putting people in the pros as well.

msstate7
02-04-2014, 07:10 PM
Or Tucson.

I'm an idiot. Yes Tucson haha

msstate7
02-04-2014, 07:11 PM
Tempe is Arizona State

Yep. Least I remembered where msu is

RState
02-04-2014, 07:14 PM
Its just frustatin I guess. I dont buy into all this junk about how Starkville doesn't stack up with other towns, for one. These kids are 17-18 years old, they cant go to the d@mn club anyway! Starkville is pretty and has a good many things to do. I guess we are gonna have to start payin players like everybody else. I just don't think Dan would stoop to that level. He likes men of character who are willing to work hard and wouldn't want a bunch of dirty money anyway. We've been doing just fine without classes making headlines so far so well see.

Coach34
02-04-2014, 07:24 PM
Clay Travis says this will be the biggest haul of talent one conference has ever had with 9 of the top 15 classes in the sec. Of course we are nowhere to be found. How long can Dan Mullen continue to get whipped in recruiting.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2014/early-surprise-teams-2014/

" MSU returns experience, talent and depth to make them a real contender."

Not everybody thinks he is getting whipped

Bothrops
02-04-2014, 07:38 PM
Its just frustatin I guess. I dont buy into all this junk about how Starkville doesn't stack up with other towns, for one. These kids are 17-18 years old, they cant go to the d@mn club anyway! Starkville is pretty and has a good many things to do. I guess we are gonna have to start payin players like everybody else. I just don't think Dan would stoop to that level. He likes men of character who are willing to work hard and wouldn't want a bunch of dirty money anyway. We've been doing just fine without classes making headlines so far so well see.

Its the freaking media that has condemned Starkville and all the other fan bases have used it against us. Not just fans but coaches too. How many times do you think our prospects/verbals hear other coaches mention how bad Starkville is, and how much better suited their town is for them. It's a lot of bullshit, but it works to an extent.

M.Fillmore
02-04-2014, 08:01 PM
Tempe? Nice.
Tuscon? I'll take Starkville.

bully99
02-04-2014, 08:02 PM
I think getting jocks to starkville has been a problem over the years, but most would be surprised at once they get there, is how much they enjoy the campus and area. That's what you have to sell.

sbcmortgageman
02-04-2014, 09:06 PM
But we have sweet tea.

esplanade91
02-04-2014, 10:55 PM

I just left, and while I love MSU... I was sick and tired of the city of Starkville. I guess it was because I was coming from Gulfport that was 4 times the size and a hell of a lot different, but it didn't have much appeal to me outside of the school.

I definitely have a love/hate relationship with Starkville and I'm from Mississippi. I can't imagine being from a town of above 100,000 people a quick jog outside of downtown Seattle trying to be convinced to go there....... Oxford too. Same shit. They're both in the middle of nowhere. Doesn't matter if they can't get into clubs (they can, 18+), it's the general atmosphere.

I mean, shit. Weed is legal where he lives yet they'll lock you up in county jail and throw away the key if they catch you with an ounce in Starkville, MS.

When it comes to kids from Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, and rural parts of Texas, Georgia, and Florida, Starkville is fine and the whole "it sucks" thing is played up too much.

Todd4State
02-04-2014, 10:57 PM
I just left, and while I love MSU... I was sick and tired of the city of Starkville. I guess it was because I was coming from Gulfport that was 4 times the size and a hell of a lot different, but it didn't have much appeal to me outside of the school.

I definitely have a love/hate relationship with Starkville and I'm from Mississippi. I can't imagine being from a town of above 100,000 people a quick jog outside of downtown Seattle trying to be convinced to go there....... Oxford too. Same shit. They're both in the middle of nowhere. Doesn't matter if they can't get into clubs (they can, 18+), it's the general atmosphere.

I mean, shit. Weed is legal where he lives yet they'll lock you up in county jail and throw away the key if they catch you with an ounce in Starkville, MS.

When it comes to kids from Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, and rural parts of Texas, Georgia, and Florida, Starkville is fine and the whole "it sucks" thing is played up too much.

Yeah, but they'll give you 20 years in jail in Washington state for cutting down a tree in your yard.

Todd4State
02-04-2014, 10:59 PM
Its the freaking media that has condemned Starkville and all the other fan bases have used it against us. Not just fans but coaches too. How many times do you think our prospects/verbals hear other coaches mention how bad Starkville is, and how much better suited their town is for them. It's a lot of bullshit, but it works to an extent.

It works because we don't stand up for ourselves.

I've been almost everywhere in the SEC. There's not much difference between Starkville, Oxford, Tuscaloosa, Auburn, and etc.

Todd4State
02-04-2014, 11:01 PM
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2014/early-surprise-teams-2014/

" MSU returns experience, talent and depth to make them a real contender."

Not everybody thinks he is getting whipped

Yeah- I don't get our fans sometimes. How many 2-3 stars is Dan going to have to have pan out for people to realize that he is better than the recruiting services at identifying talent?

How many 4-5 star guys make it in the NFL is irrelevant. WE typically find and develop the three stars that eventually make it big.

PendingTransaction
02-04-2014, 11:21 PM

I don't get this whole "Bracky is holding us back crap." If the game is played right Bracky doesn't know and shouldn't want to know. I'm sure he's not interrogating the coaches and "non-staff recruiting assistants." He does his mandatory staff interviews and compliance messaging. You know like telling you 17 year old son to abstain until marriage, as oppose to get all you can but be careful. Dan stoops, just not low enough to overcome the advantage of the big boys. To get great players to commit to a mediocre program, you have to stoop looooowww.