PDA

View Full Version : CCA

BeastMan
02-03-2014, 08:32 PM
My dad has been a long time member but I went ahead and joined today. Way past due. Very inexpensive and goes toward a good cause. Any other members on the board? Also got this bumper sticker today. 399

State82
02-03-2014, 09:42 PM
I have been saying I need to join that organization for years, since I am in a camp in Terrebonne Parish. Cool sticker. What are the annual dues?

BeastMan
02-03-2014, 10:33 PM
Standard membership is $25 a year. Comes with a year of Tide Magazine (which is really good) and a cca bumper sticker (not the one I posted). There are more expensive memberships that come with fish prints, lapel pins, etc... I did the standard membership. It's a good cause and inexpensive

SpeckleDawg
02-04-2014, 11:01 AM
I am a member and always enter the STAR tournament. It's $25 to enter STAR and the prizes are awesome. They added a MS division a couple years ago that is included in the LA division. It runs all summer. To me, it's worth the $25 for a chance at the prizes. I would hate to know that I missed out on a boat by not entering.

BeastMan
02-04-2014, 11:35 AM
I am a member and always enter the STAR tournament. It's $25 to enter STAR and the prizes are awesome. They added a MS division a couple years ago that is included in the LA division. It runs all summer. To me, it's worth the $25 for a chance at the prizes. I would hate to know that I missed out on a boat by not entering.

Do you do anything with a chapter (meetings, events, etc..)? Even though we live in central ms, my dad really likes the Bay Chapter and does more with them. I know where we keep the boat (Bay Marina) has done Bay chapter events in the past.

J-Dawg
02-04-2014, 11:41 AM
Off topic yet related, what other conservation organizations are ya'll a part of?

I was fairly active in the MSU Ducks Unlimited chapter when I was in school and still maintain my membership and attend banquets.

I'm also an NRA member (NSA high alert!!!11!)

Been thinking of joining other groups such as Wildlife Mississippi, Delta Waterfowl, Wild Turkey Federation etc etc..

SpeckleDawg
02-04-2014, 03:31 PM
Do you do anything with a chapter (meetings, events, etc..)? Even though we live in central ms, my dad really likes the Bay Chapter and does more with them. I know where we keep the boat (Bay Marina) has done Bay chapter events in the past.

I always tell myself that I'm going to attend some of the meetings/events, but never do. I live in Long Beach, so I guess the Ship Island chapter would be the appropriate one.

SpeckleDawg
02-04-2014, 03:33 PM
STAR Info:
http://www.ccamississippi.org//about-star.asp

I highly recommend entering, if you are already a CCA member. Never know when you may catch a 7-8 lb trout.

BeastMan
02-04-2014, 05:28 PM
STAR Info:
http://www.ccamississippi.org//about-star.asp

I highly recommend entering, if you are already a CCA member. Never know when you may catch a 7-8 lb trout.

Cool. I'll do that. Maybe my new truck tag I got in the mail today will be my good luck charm

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc473/stoms31/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsbabef6eb.jpg

BeastMan
02-04-2014, 05:30 PM
@J-Dawg

I remember when DU had a big event at Ricks. I'm not in any other wildlife conservation organizations but I've always thought DU was pretty cool.

J-Dawg
02-07-2014, 02:57 PM
@J-Dawg

I remember when DU had a big event at Ricks. I'm not in any other wildlife conservation organizations but I've always thought DU was pretty cool.

Yes, I was on the chapter committee the year it started at Ricks. The first year I was involved we had it at the old Shriner's Lodge on Old 25, the next year it was at Cowbells', then it was at Ricks. I graduated in 11, but I think they still may be holding it at Ricks. Not 100% sure.