PDA

View Full Version : I'm no conspiracy theorist...

BogeyGolfer
02-03-2014, 06:53 PM
But what are chances Super Bowl is fixed? Payton really that bad? Hmmm

Harrydawg
02-03-2014, 06:59 PM
Zero

Coach34
02-03-2014, 07:04 PM
Then It was his OL that threw it- they were getting crushed

dawgs
02-03-2014, 07:05 PM
0%

Crystal Balls
02-03-2014, 07:31 PM
Not fixed. They just had there ass handed to them.

SDDawg
02-03-2014, 07:32 PM
Seattle was shaving points. ***

Political Hack
02-03-2014, 07:38 PM
I still think Ken Dorsey may have thrown the natty against Ohio State. He hadn't been sacked all season and took multiple that game. he also pump faked to a wide open TE/WR in the end zone with the game on the line and pulled it down to throw it away. The sacks were the telling part though. They had a system where he had a hot read throw away on every pass play. Their OL were studs, but he got rid of the ball when the play wasn't there.... until that game. He's just too smart to forget his reads all of a sudden.

dawgs
02-03-2014, 07:59 PM
I still think Ken Dorsey may have thrown the natty against Ohio State. He hadn't been sacked all season and took multiple that game. he also pump faked to a wide open TE/WR in the end zone with the game on the line and pulled it down to throw it away. The sacks were the telling part though. They had a system where he had a hot read throw away on every pass play. Their OL were studs, but he got rid of the ball when the play wasn't there.... until that game. He's just too smart to forget his reads all of a sudden.

he sure did cut that one close then.

come on, he wasn't a 1st round pick, but how much do you think he got paid to throw it that would make it worth it to him when he had a NFL future on the immediate horizon? i mean a few hundred grand is nice, but when you are about to be a NFL QB, that's not enough to justify putting your rep and potentially career on the line if anything was ever discovered. and trust me, if it came out he was throwing the game, he'd be untouchable to NFL franchises.

it couldn't have been that ohio st's D was the best D miami faced all season and thus created plays and took away opportunities from miami that were there against lesser Ds the rest of the season.

Political Hack
02-03-2014, 09:02 PM
it was the best D they played, but he stopped throwing the ball away that game and it cost them. Also, the spread was like 11 or something. As long as he kept it close they wouldn't cover. W/L wouldn't matter at all against the spread.

Also, he was smart enough to know he didn't have the arm strength to be an NFL QB.

smootness
02-03-2014, 09:06 PM

Yes, you are a conspiracy theorist haha.

curmudgeon
02-03-2014, 09:19 PM
My boss did mention that if he were the center, 4000:1 odds that a Seattle safety would be the first play of the game would be interesting ...

hacker
02-03-2014, 09:40 PM

If it was fixed, it would've been a close game, not a shit show.

HoopsDawg
02-03-2014, 09:44 PM

Oh brother. Why did I click on this thread? I guess this is what message board posters are all about.

BogeyGolfer
02-03-2014, 10:32 PM
Oh brother. Why did I click on this thread? I guess this is what message board posters are all about.

If it wasn't for fantasy football I wouldn't give two shits about the NFL. MLB is an October sport in my house and the NBA and NHL do not exist in my world. Yes, I try hard not to believe that NFL is fixed but I do have some doubts... I know that the league has tremendous athletes but so does the WWE or whatever the 17 it is now.

bully99
02-03-2014, 10:44 PM
Art Bell and the Illuminatti are on line 2.

Dawg61
02-04-2014, 12:01 AM

0%. Peyton is a lock for atleast 1 of these games a year. When you put pressure on him he becomes an average to bad QB. Give him space and time and he'll destroy you. This is exactly why Peyton isn't in the top 2 in my book. When he goes bad he really goes bad. That said this blowout wasn't on Peyton. The Seattle defense was just nasty and they intimidated the shit out of Denver. Every play short of the first down was met with a huge hit and the Seattle LB and Secondary suffocated the receivers. Plus the 4 turnovers are never going to win in a SB.

RougeDawg
02-04-2014, 01:39 AM
0%. Peyton is a lock for atleast 1 of these games a year. When you put pressure on him he becomes an average to bad QB. Give him space and time and he'll destroy you. This is exactly why Peyton isn't in the top 2 in my book. When he goes bad he really goes bad. That said this blowout wasn't on Peyton. The Seattle defense was just nasty and they intimidated the shit out of Denver. Every play short of the first down was met with a huge hit and the Seattle LB and Secondary suffocated the receivers. Plus the 4 turnovers are never going to win in a SB.

Ding Ding. This is why Peyton shouldn't be mentioned in the top 5, if not top 10 all time. He's not clutch in the big games. Brady is heads and shoulders better than Manning if you base careers on stats and clutch performances. Peyton just feasts on bad defenses, but crumbles under pressure. It's why I never understood the gloating over him. The league has been a pro-QB league since he's been in. The offensive schemes he's been in have helped him tremendously. Look at the talent that's been assembled around him during his career. He's had some of the league's best RB's and WR's on his own team during his entire career. Throw him on the Browns or other shit team and he's just an above average QB. He's been the beneficiary of some very talented teams in his day. A few of his offensive weapons over the years will be hall of famers if you want to debate who's surrounded him on offense.

Todd4State
02-04-2014, 02:00 AM
There was some guy that put some youtube videos out about the NFL being rigged with all of these conspiracy theories about how the NFL fixes games. It was pretty out there. If the NFL was fixing games, the Broncos would have won last night because of the popularity of Peyton Manning plus the fact that this could very well have been his last season. That would have been a better "feel good" story line as opposed to Seattle and their trash talking defense (which I loved by the way).

Todd4State
02-04-2014, 02:09 AM
Ding Ding. This is why Peyton shouldn't be mentioned in the top 5, if not top 10 all time. He's not clutch in the big games. Brady is heads and shoulders better than Manning if you base careers on stats and clutch performances. Peyton just feasts on bad defenses, but crumbles under pressure. It's why I never understood the gloating over him. The league has been a pro-QB league since he's been in. The offensive schemes he's been in have helped him tremendously. Look at the talent that's been assembled around him during his career. He's had some of the league's best RB's and WR's on his own team during his entire career. Throw him on the Browns or other shit team and he's just an above average QB. He's been the beneficiary of some very talented teams in his day. A few of his offensive weapons over the years will be hall of famers if you want to debate who's surrounded him on offense.

Peyton never has been all that great in really big games. At Tennessee, he never could beat Florida. With the Colts he only beat the Patriots once and then he got to play a Bears team led by Rex Grossman. The other two Super Bowls he threw the key interception to lose to the Saints and then he was awful against the Seahawks. I think he is a very good QB- top ten for sure, but I think the fact that he calls his own plays hurts him sometimes because he tends to want to throw the ball all the time as opposed to allowing the running backs to carry the ball. And sometimes that results in him becoming more one dimensional and therefore predictable and it also causes the clock to stop when he needs it to run sometimes.

Like I said- he's a top 10 QB, but he's not Joe Montana.

Also, before the Super Bowl I thought he looked really tight coming off the bus. I wasn't sure if it was a "show" since he knew the cameras were going to be on him and he wanted to show his intensity or what. Whereas Montana- right before the game winning drive in Super Bowl XXIII, he's pointing out celebrities on the sideline.

But Eli is a lot better in the clutch than Peyton even though he's about half as good overall as a QB. Which is kind of weird. But it's probably because Eli is a lot more laid back than Peyton. And maybe luckier.

bully99
02-04-2014, 02:39 AM
Now the NBA, that's a whole nother story.

dawgs
02-04-2014, 02:44 AM
it was the best D they played, but he stopped throwing the ball away that game and it cost them. Also, the spread was like 11 or something. As long as he kept it close they wouldn't cover. W/L wouldn't matter at all against the spread.

Also, he was smart enough to know he didn't have the arm strength to be an NFL QB.

anyone as good as ken dorsey in college and who knows they'll have a shot in the NFL isn't going to believe they won't make it in the NFL. it's the same mentality of the 4* and 5* that keep signing with bama to compete with other current and former 4* and 5* recruits. they all believe they are the best and will win the job. i promise you that ken dorsey believed he would succeed in the NFL if given the chance.

Mjoelner34
02-04-2014, 07:13 AM
........ Payton really that bad? .......

When you hit him, he folds like a cheap suit. Always has, always will. It's actually suprising to me that more teams don't risk roughing the passer penalties against him when just one would stand a good chance of winning the game for you because it would send him into 'happy feet' panic mode for the rest of the game. If you don't put him on the ground, he is more than likely going to beat your ass and make it look easy.