PDA

View Full Version : Matt Stevens calls out Andy Katz

TheRef
02-03-2014, 03:02 PM
Yes...you read that correctly. He called out Andy Katz on Katz's latest article. Here are the tweets:

Matthew Stevens
@matthewcstevens
So?without being in Oxford, @ESPNAndyKatz is convinced Rick Ray was 100% wrong & Marshall Henderson was a victim
1:57pm ? 3 Feb 14 ? TweetDeck

Matthew Stevens
@matthewcstevens
Whether you write the ?Marshall Henderson has changed/matured? feature is debatable but to use Rick Ray as the lead is well?interesting.

1:59pm ? 3 Feb 14 ? TweetDeck

And here is the article.
http://espn.go.com/ncb/notebook/_/page/henderson140203/ole-miss-senior-marshall-henderson-all-grown-up

Bravo to Matt...Bravo.

starkvegasdawg
02-03-2014, 03:14 PM
National media will look for a reason to unzip and swallow anything TSUN no questions asked. I'm surprised they didn't try to work in a Dkemdiche was the #1 recruit last year into the article. Who cares if it is different sports.

smootness
02-03-2014, 03:25 PM
I really like Andy Katz, and the rest of the article may be fine; Henderson has toned things down a little. But he hasn't toned it down all the way, and to use that incident as proof is insane.

He absolutely instigated that; it's not like Ray just randomly decided to curse him. Henderson, for that moment, was doing exactly what Katz claims he's stopped doing, namely acting like a wannabe thug.

He may have cooled things down on the road, but he's still the same kid and it still comes out at times; the end of that game was one of those times.

In regard to the whole 'the national media is biased toward Ole Miss' angle, we have to stop that. Living in Georgia and consuming a lot of national media and 0 Mississippi media, I can assure you the vast majority of the country could not care less about Ole Miss. There definitely isn't some agenda to protect them or pump them up, and we sound insane claiming that there is.

dawgs
02-03-2014, 03:28 PM
In regard to the whole 'the national media is biased toward Ole Miss' angle, we have to stop that. Living in Georgia and consuming a lot of national media and 0 Mississippi media, I can assure you the vast majority of the country could not care less about Ole Miss. There definitely isn't some agenda to protect them or pump them up, and we sound insane claiming that there is.

Amen. No one outside of ms gives ole miss anything more than a passing thought.

starkvegasdawg
02-03-2014, 03:43 PM
Speaking of Henderson, the main graphic on Nafoom right now is a picture of him showing where he hid his stash of coke.

AROB44
02-03-2014, 04:06 PM
I really like Andy Katz, and the rest of the article may be fine; Henderson has toned things down a little. But he hasn't toned it down all the way, and to use that incident as proof is insane.

He absolutely instigated that; it's not like Ray just randomly decided to curse him. Henderson, for that moment, was doing exactly what Katz claims he's stopped doing, namely acting like a wannabe thug.

He may have cooled things down on the road, but he's still the same kid and it still comes out at times; the end of that game was one of those times.

Would be interested in your definition of "kid". The m'fer is 20+ years old. Just because someone is still in college doesn't make them a kid.

smootness
02-03-2014, 05:23 PM
Would be interested in your definition of "kid". The m'fer is 20+ years old. Just because someone is still in college doesn't make them a kid.

That's a good point. I wasn't using that term to make excuses for him or to justify it. I was just saying that he's the same person he was before, it's not like he's changed. I just used 'kid' because he's younger than me.

LiterallyPolice
02-03-2014, 05:25 PM

+1. Why the hell would the national media be UM biased? No one cares about UM outside of MS. My main problem with people claiming this is it gives UM folks way too much credit. They aren't some super sophisticated media-controlling spin machine.

thunderclap
02-03-2014, 05:33 PM
At least in about 6 months no one will know or care where Little Nilla Ice is sleeping on the couch.

hacker
02-03-2014, 05:38 PM
I'm not sure of your age, AROB44, but 'kid' is much more widely used these days. "whats up kid?" I call my 25 year old brother 'kid.' I didn't even notice it when smootness said it, and now that you pointed it out, it still sounds fine to me.

TheRef
02-03-2014, 06:12 PM
I'm not sure of your age, AROB44, but 'kid' is much more widely used these days. "whats up kid?" I call my 25 year old brother 'kid.' I didn't even notice it when smootness said it, and now that you pointed it out, it still sounds fine to me.

Agreed. He still is very much a child in his attitude and temperament at times. So kid may be appropriate for this situation.

BossDawg
02-03-2014, 06:22 PM
Speaking of Henderson, the main graphic on Nafoom right now is a picture of him showing where he hid his stash of coke.

They quite literally worship him in Oxford, which is pathetic considering they lap up this hyper-religious front that Freeze falls back on.

bully99
02-03-2014, 06:54 PM
Looks like Greg Ellis took some swipes at Katz in a round about way. Talking about shotty journalism.

cbrunt29
02-03-2014, 06:55 PM
I might just have to start following Stevens on Twitter again.

Coach34
02-03-2014, 07:36 PM
Henderson is 23 I think

AROB44
02-03-2014, 07:38 PM
I'll admit that I am older than dirt. I didn't mean to offend anyone....just making an observation that Henderson is not really a kid....he is totally responsible for his actions.

messageboardsuperhero
02-03-2014, 07:42 PM

These were my thoughts as well when I heard UM people refer to Henderson as a "kid"- he's a 23 year old man.

When I was 23, I had a full time job and paid taxes- and don't tell me "times have changed," because I was 23 just a few years ago.

ETA: I just think it's a little dumb to paint Marshall Henderson as this innocent, Jr. High kid. Was Ray in the wrong? Sure, but don't pretend that Henderson didn't provoke him.

notsofarawaydawg
02-03-2014, 08:51 PM
http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/548948/80481599.jpg