PDA

View Full Version : A couple of recrootin thoughts.....

Goat Holder
02-03-2014, 12:40 PM
It's National Signing Day week, so I'm allowing myself to follow it now.

1) How the hell are we in on a 4 star prospect from Washington state? It's all good and all, but what tie did we have out there? Siddoway? I don't see us signing that guy. It doesn't make sense, not because it's MSU, but it just doesn't make sense period. But would love to get him because he can apparently play the OL.

2) I told you mfers to quit listening to the MSU Yancys on Cory Thomas. These things are easy to read between the lines if you know what to look for. Same thing with Trey Carter. Thomas has been Tennessee for awhile and Carter has been Poke U for a while. The recruitniks are stupid if they thought that would change, and anybody who believed them is stupid.

3) Jordan Sims is going to win the press conference.

4) I guess the consensus is we sign Grant Harris and O.J. Smith right? Is there more proof there than just "Rosebowl/Paul said so"? If we sign those two, it's not a bad class. Of course I have no clue how good Harris is, doesn't seem to be a big priority for anyone.

5) Are we signing Ravian Pierce?

If we sign Smith, Harris, Griffin and Pierce, that's a nice solid 25 man class. Account for 2-3 not making it, and we are at 23, which is apparently considered our target number.

TexasDawg
02-03-2014, 12:45 PM
Hate to tell you Goat but it is looking like we are gonna get Marcus Griffin, go check out his twitter...

Goat Holder
02-03-2014, 12:51 PM
I'd love to sign him. "Hate to tell you..." WTF, if I'm wrong I'll admit it, especially when it involves good things for MSU. But this might literally be the first time we've been able to pull off a recruit like that. Either way, apparently he decked his twitter out with Cal stuff last week, so I hear.

EAVdog
02-03-2014, 12:52 PM
If you don't know how we're in on Griffin why are you giving recruiting advice? And Cory Thomas is headed to Clemson.

Not that I'm an expert.

MitchD24
02-03-2014, 12:57 PM
If you don't know how we got tied up with Griffin then you just don't keep up, he signs with State about 80% sure. Gonna be a heck of a pull

Goat Holder
02-03-2014, 01:01 PM
I asked about him. On Thomas, I just get updates here and see where he committed right after a visit. It's not hard.

Goat Holder
02-03-2014, 01:02 PM
From my original post:

It's National Signing Day week, so I'm allowing myself to follow it now.

That's why I asked the question.

bully99
02-03-2014, 01:03 PM
Goat, how do you know so much about how crootins going, but you're not following it. Sure

MitchD24
02-03-2014, 01:13 PM
From my original post:

That's why I asked the question.

It's to late in the game to be following it now haha

Homedawg
02-03-2014, 01:26 PM
Where did griffin can play the ol come from? He's 6'1. Not typical for us to play a guy that short at ol. Just curious.

chef dixon
02-03-2014, 01:28 PM
If we get Griffin I'd hope we don't convert him to O-line. He's a well-built DT and he will probably see the field this fall, especially with James being such a liability and Quay apparently done.

smootness
02-03-2014, 01:28 PM
Where did griffin can play the ol come from? He's 6'1. Not typical for us to play a guy that short at ol. Just curious.

Some profiles have him at 6'3", and in his picture with Gabe Jackson he looked essentially the same size, maybe an inch shorter.

But either way, it didn't come from anywhere except Goat's brain.

Goat Holder
02-03-2014, 01:30 PM
His profile on Scout.com. Plus he looks like an OL. Do any of you actually create your own opinion or do you go strictly by what the recruitniks say? Line recruits can and often do change positions. Mullen does a great job recruiting athletes that can play a variety of positions.

Goat Holder
02-03-2014, 01:32 PM
But either way, it didn't come from anywhere except Goat's brain.

That's obviously a few steps ahead of the simpletons here and apparently on our recruiting sites.

Homedawg
02-03-2014, 01:35 PM
His profile on Scout.com. Plus he looks like an OL. Do any of you actually create your own opinion or do you go strictly by what the recruitniks say? Line recruits can and often do change positions. Mullen does a great job recruiting athletes that can play a variety of positions.

He measured in a 6'1. Scout profile is wrong. We aren't recruitig him to play ol.

Really Clark?
02-03-2014, 01:36 PM
The Scout site lists him as either DT or OG. All the sites have him at 6'3" don't know his true height as I have not measured him yet. DT is his primary position and the position we are recruiting him for. He has the feet though to convert if it comes to that at some point.

Homedawg
02-03-2014, 01:39 PM
The Scout site lists him as either DT or OG. All the sites have him at 6'3".

And I repeat, he measured in at 6' 1" on his visit. Sites also say there are lots of people running 4.3 forties too. Believe the site if you want to.

FlabLoser
02-03-2014, 01:45 PM
Hate to tell you Goat but it is looking like we are gonna get Marcus Griffin, go check out his twitter...

LOLZ

Really Clark?
02-03-2014, 01:45 PM
And I repeat, he measured in at 6' 1" on his visit. Sites also say there are lots of people running 4.3 forties too. Believe the site if you want to.

Yes, because we all have that information when we were there for the measurements. I didn't say it was right, as I edited my post before you typed that after hitting send by mistake. I would assume that OJ was shorter than 6' then if Griffin was 6'1".

Coach34
02-03-2014, 01:49 PM

We're not planning to move Griffin to OL- that's complete bullshit

BogeyGolfer
02-03-2014, 02:04 PM
I asked about him. On Thomas, I just get updates here and see where he committed right after a visit. It's not hard.
A week or so ago I was told we had made headway with Thomas... Apparently that has changed in the last few days... Got to love cruitin'... I have no idea about Carter but I think we can pull Griffin. Will find out soon enough.

Coach66
02-03-2014, 02:04 PM
If you don't know how we're in on Griffin why are you giving recruiting advice? And Cory Thomas is headed to Clemson.

Not that I'm an expert.

nm

ShotgunDawg
02-03-2014, 02:15 PM
I don't think we ever had shot at Thomas. Thomas scheduled two announcements to commit to MSU, but his mom wouldn't let him.

Fill in your own blanks of you wish, but there are just some kids you don't have a chance with. Oddly enough, a high percentage of these types of issues are happening when we go head to head with Tennessee for a recruit.

maroonmania
02-03-2014, 02:23 PM
A week or so ago I was told we had made headway with Thomas... Apparently that has changed in the last few days... Got to love cruitin'... I have no idea about Carter but I think we can pull Griffin. Will find out soon enough.

Making headway with Thomas is useless. Headway with the parents is all that mattered there and we didn't make any apparently.

Bothrops
02-03-2014, 03:11 PM
Damn some people are determined to **** us. Would it be better if Griffin were from British Columbia? Look at his offers, one sticks out-us. A bunch of Camaros, we're like a 911, if you follow.