PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got the story on Jordan Sims?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-03-2014, 09:49 AM
It looked like he was all but committed to the bears, but he still hasn't committed yet. Anyone think we're a player or is he just waiting to see if any Alabama schools offer?

thedawg
02-03-2014, 09:53 AM
Hes either A. waiting on something to come through for the Bama schools or B. they are slow playing him.... I will be shocked if it has anything to do with us

HancockCountyDog
02-03-2014, 09:59 AM
It looked like he was all but committed to the bears, but he still hasn't committed yet. Anyone think we're a player or is he just waiting to see if any Alabama schools offer?

He wants an AU or AL offer. I would love to grab him late.

cbrunt29
02-03-2014, 10:06 AM
I just don't see him signing with us. Would love to have him but don't see it happening.

EAVdog
02-03-2014, 10:12 AM
Well I do think he may be waiting to see if an opening at Auburn happens. But DJ @ OM 247 is starting to hedge his bets right now about him. Saying that if he drags it out then Freeze may cut him off (dude is Yancy 2.0) and he could end up at MSU. I'm not saying we get Sims but we did a much better job recruiting him than people assume.

justwin
02-03-2014, 10:31 AM
Look for an elaborate OM hat ceremony w an espn live feed

deltadawg99
02-03-2014, 10:37 AM
The scout person that covers the state of Alabama seems to think he is holding out for a Bama or Auburn offer. I believe he currently has a grey shirt offer from Bama.

It could also be a ploy by the Bears to win a press conference.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-03-2014, 10:46 AM
So he's just trying to use them to gain a spot and will only go there as a last resort?

BeastMan
02-03-2014, 10:50 AM
Folks around Simms have said he has been OM bound for a long time now. That may be predicated on him not getting a late Bama offer but most don't expect that to happen. If OM is dumb enough to drop him (highly unlikely) I'd love to have him at MSU but that's a highly unlikely scenario.

BeastMan
02-03-2014, 10:52 AM
So he's just trying to use them to gain a spot and will only go there as a last resort?

I wouldn't put it that way. Dude is a crazy talent. He's turned a lot of potential suites away and remained pointed toward Ole Miss. Simms has options.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-03-2014, 10:52 AM
Roger that...off topic, but just ventured over to 247 and now there's talk about Cory Thomas choosing between Tenn and Clemson. I don't think there was ever a shot of him switching after he tried to commit to us early and his parents wouldn't let him.

maroonmania
02-03-2014, 10:53 AM
The more interesting situation for us might be the OL from the MS coast (Firth?) that had been committed for a long time to FSU but apparently has said all he can get now is a greyshirt. Don't know if we can get back in on him late or not but there might be more potential with him than Sims.

maroonmania
02-03-2014, 10:54 AM
Roger that...off topic, but just ventured over to 247 and now there's talk about Cory Thomas choosing between Tenn and Clemson. I don't think there was ever a shot of him switching after he tried to commit to us early and his parents wouldn't let him.

You are dead on and would be good with me if I never hear Thomas' name again. Seems to me he has no control in where he will end up and he won't end up at MSU.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
02-03-2014, 10:57 AM
You are dead on and would be good with me if I never hear Thomas' name again. Seems to me he has no control in where he will end up and he won't end up at MSU.
Yep, weird when it was too early to commit to MSU, but when Tenn came into the picture it was good to go.

Goat Holder
02-03-2014, 11:00 AM
Easy....he's gearing up for a hat ceremony on signing day.

deltadawg99
02-03-2014, 11:02 AM
I think that Auburn is slow playing Sims to see what Braden Smith does. He is a 5* OG out of Kansas and they are a finalist with TCU and Texas A&M. That very well may be the hold up.