PDA

View Full Version : Trent Dilfer is the best football head on TV

Coach34
02-02-2014, 01:17 PM
does an outstanding job. His insight and the way he relates it is outstanding.

justwin
02-02-2014, 01:24 PM
I think alot of that is due to him playing QB...as they understand all aspects of a play. Another one I really like is Andre Ware on the college level during play by play...on occasion, when he does segments on the college football shows, he outshines the regular talking heads.

FlabLoser
02-02-2014, 01:32 PM
What channel is Dilfer on?

I like Meriuchi (sp) when he's on NFL network.

TheRef
02-02-2014, 01:36 PM
What channel is Dilfer on?

I like Meriuchi (sp) when he's on NFL network.

Dilfer works for the Mothership. Aka ESPN

Coach34
02-02-2014, 01:37 PM
I watch the ESPN crew. Dilfer, Young, Lewis, Carter, Keyshawn...Some people hate Berman but I dont- they just do great job imo

FlabLoser
02-02-2014, 01:40 PM
I like ESPN in general.

Olbermann's new show is great.

bully99
02-02-2014, 01:50 PM
Don't like Dilfer...Hate and despise Olbermann...Espn sucks. Yeah, I know I'm too negative..

ShotgunDawg
02-02-2014, 01:54 PM
The reason Dilfer is great is because he wasn't a great player. Many times for great players, the little thing came so naturally to them that they can't explain it. For guys like Dilfer and Hasselbeck, they had to master every little detail about playing the QB position or they weren't going to sniff the NFL.

It's the same reason that most good MLB managers were not great players.

Coach34
02-02-2014, 02:54 PM
I agree Shotgun- plus Dilfer is a pretty sharp guy in general

scottycameron
02-02-2014, 02:59 PM
just saw him crying a little while ago, I think. He said he was sorry, and some chick tells not to be sorry. I had to check the channel to see if I was watching oprah or espn, lol.

Original48
02-02-2014, 03:08 PM
The reason Dilfer is great is because he wasn't a great player. Many times for great players, the little thing came so naturally to them that they can't explain it. For guys like Dilfer and Hasselbeck, they had to master every little detail about playing the QB position or they weren't going to sniff the NFL.

It's the same reason that most good MLB managers were not great players.
Cowherd has fun promoting Hasselbeck's segment and talking about how he's gonna come on and start yelling at him. But I truly believe Hasselbeck is the only player/analyst that intellectually intimidates Cowherd.

War Machine Dawg
02-03-2014, 01:34 AM
Love Dilfer. He's awesome. I think he and Gruden are probably the 2 best out there right now. Jaws is up there, too. Can't stand Merrill Hodge and Preacher Ray might be the fakest guy of all time. Berman doesn't bother me. He's got a shtick that he plays to, get over it.

Dawg61
02-03-2014, 02:07 AM
ESPN is garbage tv during the day. It's only watchable at night and on the weekends. That said I can not hate ESPN because they write huge checks to MSU.

AROB44
02-03-2014, 06:34 AM
Have to say that I always liked Dan Dierdorf. Sorry to see him retire.

WeWillScrewItUp
02-03-2014, 08:27 AM
just saw him crying a little while ago, I think. He said he was sorry, and some chick tells not to be sorry. I had to check the channel to see if I was watching oprah or espn, lol.

I caught that segment as well. They were discussing celebrating a Super Bowl win with you family and he talked about sharing it with his young son that passed away the next year I believe.

drunkernhelldawg
02-03-2014, 01:42 PM
I really like Chris Collingsworth.

Drugdog
02-03-2014, 10:51 PM
I like ESPN in general.

Olbermann's new show is great.

He is pure crap.