PDA

View Full Version : DNF turf

messageboardsuperhero
02-01-2014, 11:29 PM
I may have totally missed this happening a while ago, but it looks like the dirt colored artificial turf down the 1st and 3rd base lines has been changed to match the grass. I'm really glad they took out the fake dirt- the artificial grass looks way better. For all the complaining that people did about the turf, it should look really good when the grass grows in this spring to match it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bfas14rIQAEabo7.jpg

bully99
02-01-2014, 11:41 PM
A lot of us who've been going to DNF for decades just have a problem that one of the best manicured fields in the country at an agriculture school has to use fake turf.

Also, David Murray said there have been a number of ads put up on the outfield fence so I guess it will start to look like a trashy minor league stadium.

messageboardsuperhero
02-01-2014, 11:49 PM
Even the most cared-for fields wear down in foul territory when there are year round tournaments and games played there. I would have had a HUGE problem with the entire field going artificial, but I do understand why the coaches/administration went with it in foul territory where there is so much foot traffic.

bully99
02-02-2014, 12:03 AM
Real grass has worked for 110 years.

messageboardsuperhero
02-02-2014, 12:20 AM
Real grass has worked for 110 years.

Sure it has, but just because we did something one way for many years doesn't mean there isn't a better way now.

We could also all survive without computers, like we did from the beginning of time until basically the 90s- but why would you do that when you can buy a computer now and make your life easier?

I'm not saying we should totally do away with tradition and put artificial turf everywhere on DNF, but if this helps us maintain the field and host more offseason tournaments (thus getting more high school players/prospects to campus), then I'm all for it.

TheRef
02-02-2014, 12:51 AM
Also, David Murray said there have been a number of ads put up on the outfield fence so I guess it will start to look like a trashy minor league stadium.

Three ads...yeah....definitely going towards trashy minor league stadium status.********

Political Hack
02-02-2014, 08:03 AM
real grass will continue to work on the field and it gives our guys a more concentrated are to focus on... plus, now they have to keep the real grass perfectto match the fake grass.

I think it looks good and removes the need to repaint the sidelines every game.

if those ads are there during games, that sucks. there's plenty of places to out ads that don't make the stadium look like crap.

bully99
02-02-2014, 08:20 AM
You can't argue logic with illogical people. Fake turf at MSU is a joke. Today it's three ads on the outfield fence. How many tomorrow. When people start putting up those trashy signs they can't stop. #Nofaketurf...#Nofencesigns.

Political Hack
02-02-2014, 08:53 AM
I understand your point and why you feel that way, but as long as the playing surface is real grass I won't feel terribly offended by the fake stuff.

I'm also not offended by breast implants.

dogshiek
02-02-2014, 10:45 AM
^Hard to argue with that logic^

Esmerelda Villalobos
02-02-2014, 10:50 AM
I agree about the ads. I noticed the 2 the past few years. Someone from the bryan bldg inbox me. Ill pay you to NOT have that shit on our fences. It is busch league and an eyesore.

messageboardsuperhero
02-02-2014, 11:02 AM
I agree about the ads. I noticed the 2 the past few years. Someone from the bryan bldg inbox me. Ill pay you to NOT have that shit on our fences. It is busch league and an eyesore.

I don't like the ads either.

Someone PM this guy.

messageboardsuperhero
02-02-2014, 11:14 AM
You can't argue logic with illogical people. Fake turf at MSU is a joke. Today it's three ads on the outfield fence. How many tomorrow. When people start putting up those trashy signs they can't stop. #Nofaketurf...#Nofencesigns.

I'll agree with you on the ads, but how am I being illogical about the artificial turf?

It helps us maintain the foul ground in the offseason, gives us better drainage so water doesn't flood the dugouts during rain delays, and allows us to host more high school tournaments (thus getting more prospects to campus)- how is that "illogical?" It might actually make the field look BETTER since there won't be a bunch of trampled grass around the dugouts- did you ever think of that?

Again, we should absolutely NOT go all artificial in fair territory like Vandy, but I'm fine with it in foul territory since that part gets more foot traffic.

Political Hack
02-02-2014, 11:16 AM
I'll agree with you on the ads, but how am I being illogical about the artificial turf?

It helps us maintain the foul ground in the offseason, gives us better drainage so water doesn't flood the dugouts during rain delays, and allows us to host more high school tournaments (thus getting more prospects to campus)- how is that "illogical?" It might actually make the field look BETTER since there won't be a bunch of trampled grass around the dugouts- did you ever think of that?

Again, we should absolutely NOT go all artificial in fair territory like Vandy, but I'm fine with it in foul territory since that part gets more foot traffic.

that's my general thoughts too.