PDA

View Full Version : olemiss twitter whore?

AlSwearengen
04-29-2013, 04:52 PM
I just couldn't bring myself to wade through that thread on the six-pack, so I thought I would ask over here and get some good information without all of the bullshit. My initial impression is that it is a twitter account used by some olemiss fan (possibly male) who was impersonating a hot chick and tweeting recruits. Is this right?

12five98
04-29-2013, 05:27 PM
That is what I have gathered. I think it's pretty obvious she isn't a 18-20 year old chick like she claims to be. She's already admitted to not going to Ole Miss and that pic on 6-pack they posted, she admitted to that not being her hair. I think she made the excuse that she put it as her twitter profile pic because that's what she wanted her hair to look like.

Didn't someone say she made an appearance on Make it Rain Sports radio or somewhere? So it's either and older lady or a couple. Either way, it's ****ing creepy.

ETA: I think she was just on H2H. Anyone hear it?

gravedigger
04-29-2013, 06:01 PM
I'll chime in to add this is not a road we want to go down in recruiting.

Matter of fact, I see this as something that leads to a tragedy if some imbalanced recruit gets embarrassed publicly.

I don't give a damn if it costs us tons of recruits. It is too weird for words.

FlabLoser
04-29-2013, 06:15 PM
I heard the H2H interview. She shows up, says here I am, and Cross is like OK case closed you are real.

gravedigger
04-29-2013, 07:34 PM
Someone needs to call in to h2h tomorrow in an obviously fake female voice saying they are xena reb admitting to sleeping with johaningheimerschmidt.

Coach34
04-29-2013, 07:43 PM
OM has a team of people organized in the twitter sphere to give their recruits a reach around. It's a really good idea and innovative in modern recruiting. Have these people, with multiple accounts of supposedly pretty co-eds, contact recruits telling them how awesome OM is and how they can't wait for them to get to campus. Makes the recruits feel good and wanted- especially when it's supposedly a hot chick contacting them. Hormones trump logic when your 17-18.

It's something I think we need to do also. It's thinking outside the box. I love it

mic
04-29-2013, 07:53 PM
OM has a team of people organized in the twitter sphere to give their recruits a reach around. It's a really good idea and innovative in modern recruiting. Have these people, with multiple accounts of supposedly pretty co-eds, contact recruits telling them how awesome OM is and how they can't wait for them to get to campus. Makes the recruits feel good and wanted- especially when it's supposedly a hot chick contacting them. Hormones trump logic when your 17-18.

It's something I think we need to do also. It's thinking outside the box. I love it

***** remains Undefeated..

RBritt
04-29-2013, 07:56 PM
The ole miss female students sure do love their recruits. On and off the field.

Ronny
04-29-2013, 08:01 PM

I realize college football recruiting is nothing but a series of scams & hustles carried out by seasoned con artists, but this is not a road Miss. State wants to travel.

You start allowing these psychopaths free reign to make shit up on the social media networks, then suddenly a hardcore nutjob will take it too far & be charged with stalking, identity theft, public harassment, libel, slander & a whole bunch of other malfeasance I can't even think of at the moment.

I'm all for the various Mullen publicity stunts, & billboards & letters, etc, but you can't have a bunch of nuts creating fake identities just so they may lure a recruit to your campus. That may look rosy at the moment, but believe me, ultimately it will not end well.

Also keep in mind the University of Mississippi has this shit down to a fine art, unlike Mississippi State University.

One day the NCAA will hire a legitimate enforcer who will do away with all these bullshit shenanigans, & that's when the University of Mississippi will finally pay.

Until then, MSU needs to steer clear of this nonsense.

Todd4State
04-29-2013, 09:42 PM
I realize college football recruiting is nothing but a series of scams & hustles carried out by seasoned con artists, but this is not a road Miss. State wants to travel.

You start allowing these psychopaths free reign to make shit up on the social media networks, then suddenly a hardcore nutjob will take it too far & be charged with stalking, identity theft, public harassment, libel, slander & a whole bunch of other malfeasance I can't even think of at the moment.

I'm all for the various Mullen publicity stunts, & billboards & letters, etc, but you can't have a bunch of nuts creating fake identities just so they may lure a recruit to your campus. That may look rosy at the moment, but believe me, ultimately it will not end well.

Also keep in mind the University of Mississippi has this shit down to a fine art, unlike Mississippi State University.

One day the NCAA will hire a legitimate enforcer who will do away with all these bullshit shenanigans, & that's when the University of Mississippi will finally pay.

Until then, MSU needs to steer clear of this nonsense.

Or we can just sit around and wonder how the hell they get all these high profile recruits while we are landing diamonds in the rough.

WeWillScrewItUp
04-29-2013, 10:46 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else see this leading to someone getting "Te'od"?

Coach66
04-30-2013, 07:56 AM
I'm torn, I know it works but it feels so dishonest and sleazy, ok let's do it!

Brahmabull
04-30-2013, 08:26 AM
Damn ***** Galore!!

FISHDAWG
04-30-2013, 08:37 AM
it will work until some player eventually getting disgruntled with the facade, feeling like he was used, or missing out on something promised and decides to tell all to a reporter then turn evidence against the program .... meanwhile, they have recruited and gotten away with so much more ... the math says it's worth the risk

FlabLoser
04-30-2013, 09:22 AM
it will work until some player eventually getting disgruntled with the facade, feeling like he was used, or missing out on something promised and decides to tell all to a reporter then turn evidence against the program .... meanwhile, they have recruited and gotten away with so much more ... the math says it's worth the risk

Bingo. The benefits of shenanigans far outweighs the risks.

Option 1: Participate in shenanigans. Enjoy football success.

Option 2: Run squeaky Bracky Brett clean and cruise along at 5-7 wins per year, low-tier bowling about half the time and never beating any elite or even good teams in the SEC.

Option 3: Participate in shenanigans, win the SEC or at least the SEC West once or twice, get middle or upper tier bowl games on a semi regular basis. Get busted and follow that up with 4-5 years of 4-6 win football.

Give me option 1!!! Its worth risking Option 3. And should we end up in option 3, I recommend hiring a coach with baggage, perhaps a guy who slept with a coed and gave her motorcycle rides, instead of an incompetent grandfather figure.

slickdawg
04-30-2013, 09:27 AM
I heard the H2H interview. She shows up, says here I am, and Cross is like OK case closed you are real.

I did too. Because Rebel_AGP had replied to tweet Cross had put out with his daughter before, saying something about daddy's little girl, rebel_AGP has to be a female.

12five98
04-30-2013, 09:36 AM
I just listened to her on Make it Rain Sports. She sounds like she's 40.

Coach34
04-30-2013, 09:39 AM
I just listened to her on Make it Rain Sports. She sounds like she's 40.

she probably is

I wonder how many more accounts she runs?

12five98
04-30-2013, 09:40 AM
It's amazing these idiots believe her.

MSUDawg4Life
04-30-2013, 09:41 AM
Bingo. The benefits of shenanigans far outweighs the risks.

Option 1: Participate in shenanigans. Enjoy football success.

Option 2: Run squeaky Bracky Brett clean and cruise along at 5-7 wins per year, low-tier bowling about half the time and never beating any elite or even good teams in the SEC.

Option 3: Participate in shenanigans, win the SEC or at least the SEC West once or twice, get middle or upper tier bowl games on a semi regular basis. Get busted and follow that up with 4-5 years of 4-6 win football.

Give me option 1!!! Its worth risking Option 3. And should we end up in option 3, I recommend hiring a coach with baggage, perhaps a guy who slept with a coed and gave her motorcycle rides, instead of an incompetent grandfather figure.

What has OM won? The SEC West? National Championship? I don't see anything in their program that can be characterized as "winning".

It's true that they don't mind lying, don't mind cheating, don't mind being despicable scum, but what has it gotten them?

I hate when people say we should do the things they do in order to "win".

Win what?

Coach34
04-30-2013, 09:44 AM
What has OM won? The SEC West? National Championship? I don't see anything in their program that can be characterized as "winning".

It's true that they don't mind lying, don't mind cheating, don't mind being despicable scum, but what has it gotten them?

I hate when people say we should do the things they do in order to "win".

Win what?

3 Cotton Bowls in the last 10 years

You can put your head in the sand if you want- but they will be a good team in 2013. And possibly even better in 2014. If Freezus is able to put together another top 20 class to follow this past season's- they potentially will be dangerous the next few years. The fact that many fans are looking at thisNovember's Egg Bowl as a toss-up or that the Rebs should be favored should tell you something.

12five98
04-30-2013, 09:49 AM
The reason she doesn't just tweet/post a pictures of her at a game, event, etc is because she has always made fun of girls that post pictures of themselves and she doesn't want to be a hypocrite. Haha. Okay.