PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Sims is going to commit to OM.

dawgclub99
02-01-2014, 02:26 PM
Sucks but not surprising. I thought after his visit we might be able to get him. Hopefully we can get some OL who will play hard with a chip on their shoulders.

Goat Holder
02-01-2014, 02:31 PM
Wait, I thought the MSU sheep were saying Sims to MSU?

MzTerry
02-01-2014, 02:34 PM
Wait, I thought the MSU sheep were saying Sims to MSU?

if by MSU sheep, you mean the people on this board then yes. everyone on here said if Ole Miss took Rawlings then that MUST mean we were going to get Sims. i told everyone as soon as Rawlings got that Ole Miss offer that Sims was gone to OM. they became a bit of a package deal when they hit it off on their visit here. we would've had a better chance at Sims if OM wouldn't've offered Rawlings.

Goat Holder
02-01-2014, 02:36 PM
Well if that's the case, Ole Miss is recrootin better than what I gave them credit for.

There really is no sugar-coating our lack of recrootin' prowess regarding the OL.

scottycameron
02-01-2014, 02:41 PM
Sucks but not surprising. I thought after his visit we might be able to get him. Hopefully we can get some OL who will play hard with a chip on their shoulders.

according to who?

dawgclub99
02-01-2014, 02:43 PM
I dont think Rawlings had anything to do with Sims. He wanted to be at OM no matter what. If Bama or AU would have offered, Sims would already be off the board. It is what it is.

MzTerry
02-01-2014, 02:50 PM
I dont think Rawlings had anything to do with Sims. He wanted to be at OM no matter what. If Bama or AU would have offered, Sims would already be off the board. It is what it is.

I think we had an uphill battle with Sims no doubt, but he and Rawlings really hit it off on their visit here. I'm saying Rawlings to OM really sealed the deal and took us completely out of the game.

BeastMan
02-01-2014, 02:54 PM
if by MSU sheep, you mean the people on this board then yes. everyone on here said if Ole Miss took Rawlings then that MUST mean we were going to get Sims. i told everyone as soon as Rawlings got that Ole Miss offer that Sims was gone to OM. they became a bit of a package deal when they hit it off on their visit here. we would've had a better chance at Sims if OM wouldn't've offered Rawlings.

I never said that. I always said that Simms was an OM lock and if they offered Rawlings, he would flip immediately. So no, this "whole board" didn't say that.

preachermatt83
we better pull some OL from somewhere. we have been overly optimistic around here lately but if we were honest we would be saying we are closing out the recruiting season like crap!

BeastMan
I think we had an uphill battle with Sims no doubt, but he and Rawlings really hit it off on their visit here. I'm saying Rawlings to OM really sealed the deal and took us completely out of the game.

Wrong. Simms has been an OM lock for a while now. MSU was never seriously in it despite what any recruiting site said.

BeastMan
02-01-2014, 02:59 PM
we better pull some OL from somewhere. we have been overly optimistic around here lately but if we were honest we would be saying we are closing out the recruiting season like crap!

Elgton Jenkins is our guy right now. Star gazers may have an issue but the truth is that any of the OL we were going to take outside of the 2 from GA (1 of those flipped) were projects. Jenkins is too but he is 6'5, 275 and has good feet. A couple years in a weight program and he could as good or better than any OL we would have taken late sans Simms. If you compare Rawlings vs Jenkins its little to no difference. I think Rawlings is a safer take but I'd say Jenkins has a little more upside. If he reaches it is unknown at this point. One thing I like about Rawlings was that I felt confident in saying he'd be an SEC starter. He may not have been an NFL ceiling guy but he can be an SEC starter in 3 years imo.

MzTerry
02-01-2014, 03:03 PM
I never said that. I always said that Simms was an OM lock and if they offered Rawlings, he would flip immediately. So no, this "whole board" didn't say that.

I didn't say the "whole board" and didn't mean to imply that by what I did say. If you look back at the thread though, several very vocal posters said OM didn't have room for both, other similar rationalizions, yada yada yada. Steve nor Paul ever said we lead or had anything other than an uphill battle for Sims. Us being in it with Sims was started on here and sixpack by people reading tea leaves (OM commit numbers) and hoping for the best. I think we will close well in general, but we need every OL recruit from last year and this year to pan out & we need 5 or 6 QUALITY o-linement next year.

MzTerry
02-01-2014, 03:04 PM
One thing I like about Rawlings was that I felt confident in saying he'd be an SEC starter. He may not have been an NFL ceiling guy but he can be an SEC starter in 3 years imo.

Agree with you there - I also thought he could be our version of a Barrett Jones - serviceable center, guard, tackle with smarts.

BeastMan
02-01-2014, 03:30 PM
I didn't say the "whole board" and didn't mean to imply that by what I did say. If you look back at the thread though, several very vocal posters said OM didn't have room for both, other similar rationalizions, yada yada yada. Steve nor Paul ever said we lead or had anything other than an uphill battle for Sims. Us being in it with Sims was started on here and sixpack by people reading tea leaves (OM commit numbers) and hoping for the best. I think we will close well in general, but we need every OL recruit from last year and this year to pan out & we need 5 or 6 QUALITY o-linement next year.

Fair enough. I just took those posts as wishful thinking. That syndrome happens on every single board with every single recruit. Just the nature of the beast.

NCDawg
02-01-2014, 03:49 PM
Well if that's the case, Ole Miss is recrootin better than what I gave them credit for.

There really is no sugar-coating our lack of recrootin' prowess regarding the OL.

Which is what it has been since Mullen has been here.

Vancleave
02-01-2014, 06:11 PM
There is no way to sugar coat our lack of recruiting period. We have sucked. End of story. I am sick of losing croots to them bastards. There is a problem. I don't know what it is exactly, but there is a problem.

SDDawg
02-01-2014, 06:14 PM
There is no way to sugar coat our lack of recruiting period. We have sucked. End of story. I am sick of losing croots to them bastards. There is a problem. I don't know what it is exactly, but there is a problem.

Certain types of kids are just OM kids. Just like certain types of message board posters are crybabies. It is what it is...

msstate7
02-01-2014, 06:18 PM

We have a very talented team. In fact, we potentially have our best qb in msu history. We also potentially have our best player (jones) ever. We played the team with the best recruiting classes the last few years very well without our qb. I don't think talent is an issue with our team. Perhaps Mullen evaluates talent better than 247 and scout. I like our class and I like our roster. Id like to recruit ol better, but I don't think we have a problem at all

Coach34
02-01-2014, 06:19 PM
if by MSU sheep, you mean the people on this board then yes. everyone on here said if Ole Miss took Rawlings then that MUST mean we were going to get Sims.

Link?

I'm sure there may have been a few posters say it- but I dont remember a shitload of posters saying that

Coach34
02-01-2014, 06:22 PM
There is no way to sugar coat our lack of recruiting period. We have sucked. End of story..

We've had more draft picks the last 4 years havent we? Apparently we are recruiting better than they are

Bothrops
02-01-2014, 06:25 PM
OM does have a way of reaching out and getting long-shot type guys very interested from the get go. The program, school, and town act as one allied force when it comes to recruiting. They do it better than anyone.

Coach34
02-01-2014, 06:28 PM
OM does have a way of reaching out and getting long-shot type guys very interested from the get go. The program, school, and town act as one allied force when it comes to recruiting. They do it better than anyone.

They have fans that go up there and stay in hotels and make sure the town is lively for their recruiting weekends- we arent even close to putting that kind of effort into recruiting by our fans

cristilmethod
02-01-2014, 06:29 PM

The sky is falling! Aahhhh!

Bothrops
02-01-2014, 06:31 PM
It's a shame. We still have way too many apathetic fans and alums.

Bully13
02-01-2014, 06:56 PM

Our OL recruiting is pathetic. losing sims to OM is unexcuasable. saying it's ok is the problem and our coaching staff thinking the same way is total bullshit. whomever is in charge of recruiting OL at MSU, HERE THIS: GO **** YOURSELF!!!

Coach34
02-01-2014, 06:58 PM
Our OL recruiting is pathetic. losing sims to OM is unexcuasable. saying it's ok is the problem and our coaching staff thinking the same way is total bullshit. whomever is in charge of recruiting OL at MSU, HERE THIS: GO **** YOURSELF!!!

I wasnt aware that Sims was committed to us? When was that?

SDDawg
02-01-2014, 06:58 PM

To not want to be like OM is far from apathy. To take a different approach and to keep your integrity in the process, that's what MSU is trying to do. It takes 6+ years to build the kind of program that Mullen has been working on, a complete rebuild. I'd say we're on the way and I really like the guys we're getting. It's not apathy, it's about building something sustainable. When Mullen's statue is out in front of DWS and Bucky is a distant memory, just a guy that was fired after 4 years or so, you'll get it. Maybe.

basedog
02-01-2014, 06:59 PM
The sky isn't falling!

bulldawg28
02-01-2014, 07:01 PM
Who let these Ole Miss posters back? 4-1, beats every ranking site ever.

whosyourdawgy
02-01-2014, 07:03 PM
Dude wtf? Come off the ledge signing day is Wednesday. Let's not jump just yet

Bully13
02-01-2014, 07:03 PM
I wasnt aware that Sims was committed to us? When was that?

Bucky in year 2 is WAXING Mullen's ASS in OL recruitment; let that sink in; doesn't matter who Sims was or was not committed to. Sims is taking 3rd slot at OM while shunning the #1 spot at MSU. THAT is unacceptable and we need to pull our heads out of our collective asses and wake the **** up.

Coach34
02-01-2014, 07:05 PM
Who let these Ole Miss posters back? 4-1, beats every ranking site ever.

Amazing how some people let back to back 6th place finishes in the SEC West by Freezus bother them so much

Coach34
02-01-2014, 07:06 PM
Bucky in year 2 is WAXING Mullen's ASS in OL recruitment; let that sink in; doesn't matter who Sims was are was not committed to. Sims is taking 3rd slot at OM while shunning the #1 spot at MSU. THAT is unacceptable and we need to pull our heads out of our collective asses and wake the **** up.

Bucky lost 5 Sr's on the OL- we lost 2. And your #1 spot vs 3rd slot bullshit doesnt even make sense

SDDawg
02-01-2014, 07:07 PM
Bucky in year 2 is WAXING Mullen's ASS in OL recruitment; let that sink in; doesn't matter who Sims was or was not committed to. Sims is taking 3rd slot at OM while shunning the #1 spot at MSU. THAT is unacceptable and we need to pull our heads out of our collective asses and wake the **** up.

Bro, have you seen OM's OL? You sure about what you're saying or do you just like acting out on message boards?!

Bully13
02-01-2014, 07:12 PM
I'm looking at this year's signing class. Period. We should not be letting OM pulling in elite OL while we battle it out with LA Tech and lose to KY. We are sucking gargantuan Cock in OL recruitment since Mullen got here and he needs to figure it the **** out. Period.

Coach34
02-01-2014, 07:14 PM
I'm looking at this year's signing class. Period. We should not be letting OM pulling in elite OL while we battle it out with LA Tech and lose to KY. We are sucking gargantuan Cock in OL recruitment since Mullen got here and he needs to figure it the **** out. Period.

We have 4 guys on the OL that will be on an NFL roster- how is that bad recruiting?

whosyourdawgy
02-01-2014, 07:15 PM
You need to take some meds and chilll. Good grief. Yep, we suck. Our coaches can't recruit and Hugh Freeze is gonna rule over us*** pinch yourself and wake up

SDDawg
02-01-2014, 07:16 PM

I haven't seen any battles with LA Tech and we lost a recruit to KY that we were on too late. So yes, Mullernzzz can't croot and you're a genius. Got it.

dawgclub99
02-01-2014, 07:17 PM

Theyre best OL is Tunsil and that is about it. I did not start this thread so everyone could start bitching at each other. I was just posting that it looks like Sims is headed to OM and we were recruiting him.

bulldawg28
02-01-2014, 07:18 PM
Amazing how some people let back to back 6th place finishes in the SEC West by Freezus bother them so much

Is beyond bother it's psychotic.

Schultzy
02-01-2014, 08:06 PM
Melting down over a two star private school OL that had to beg ole miss for an offer and a 345 tubb of lard that neither auburn or alabama would offer.

Our inferiority complex type fans will not be denied in even the most boring of years.

dawgclub99
02-01-2014, 08:20 PM
Melting down over a two star private school OL that had to beg ole miss for an offer and a 345 tubb of lard that neither auburn or alabama would offer.

Our inferiority complex type fans will not be denied in even the most boring of years.

A 345 pound tub of lard that was an Army All-American. You sir are an idiot.

Schultzy
02-01-2014, 08:48 PM

As are the the coaches in his home state. We've signed these 350 pound HS all Americans before and they just don't pan out.
The high school OL's that graduate in the 280 to 300 range and add some muscle in college have a much better chance of succeeding.
I'm not an idiot you're just overly emotional.

Todd4State
02-01-2014, 08:50 PM
We have 4 guys on the OL that will be on an NFL roster- how is that bad recruiting?

Thank you!

Our former 2 star center is up for the Rimington Award I'm sure next year. Desper was an Under Armour AA and will be backing him up.

Clayborn was a 2-3 star guy that all the recruiting gurus messed up on. As you've said- he will be in the NFL.

Beckwith is a walk-on that is a pretty solid player. Then we have Jake Thomas who was a FOUR star recruit, played for Team USA and was a guy that Ole Miss wanted pretty bad.

Clausell went from 2 star to solid and likely will play in the NFL.

Justin Malone was also a 2 star that has become a very good player and will have a chance at the NFL as well. Kent Flowers was Dandy Dozen and a three star guy. And then there's Justin Senior who is another 2 star guy that looks very promising.

It looks to me like our fans should be bitching about the recruiting services not having a clue as opposed to Hevesey. Talking about cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Todd4State
02-01-2014, 08:51 PM

Yeah- because they always turn out to be All-World. Sincerely, Tobias Singleton, Nick Brassell, and CJ Johnson.

dawgclub99
02-01-2014, 08:56 PM
The guy is a bull dozer and this staff would love to have him. Talking down a recruit because it looks like he is going another direction shows that some of you are ignorant and yes an idiot.

Todd4State
02-01-2014, 09:03 PM
The guy is a bull dozer and this staff would love to have him. Talking down a recruit because it looks like he is going another direction shows that some of you are ignorant and yes an idiot.

Because I did the same things with Epps.**

dawgclub99
02-01-2014, 09:05 PM
Because I did the same things with Epps.**

Well at least you are honest.

Coach34
02-01-2014, 09:15 PM
The guy is a bull dozer and this staff would love to have him. .

A bulldozer Bama and Auburn didnt want

dawgclub99
02-01-2014, 09:18 PM

So are you saying that MSU did not want him? I sure as hell thought that we did.

Homedawg
02-01-2014, 09:23 PM

I know we brought him in on a visit- but he is a fat ass that can't move. They can have him. Y'all can celebrate when we get him***

Coach34
02-01-2014, 09:33 PM
So are you saying that MSU did not want him? I sure as hell thought that we did.

I'm just saying this is a guy that hardly needs some uproar because he wasnt signed.

dawgclub99
02-01-2014, 09:37 PM
I'm just saying this is a guy that hardly needs some uproar because he wasnt signed.

I completely agree but for what I am assuming are grown adults to call kids in high school "fat ass" and "tub of lard" makes that part of our fanbase look like a bunch of illiterate hicks.

maroonmania
02-01-2014, 10:00 PM

Well apparently WE wanted Rawlings, Stallings and Sims and could get none and now we are down at Plan D if we offer the OL from Clarksdale. And that's not even mentioning the other 2 OL commits we've lost this recruiting season we wanted (Jones and Hand).

TrueReb13
02-01-2014, 11:03 PM
We have Golson, Morris, Tunsil, and Cooper ready to lock down 4 spots. We have several young talents that should be an upgrade from the seniors leaving. Add Taylor to the mix and I don't see the problem you are talking about?

msstate7
02-01-2014, 11:08 PM
We have Golson, Morris, Tunsil, and Cooper ready to lock down 4 spots. We have several young talents that should be an upgrade from the seniors leaving. Add Taylor to the mix and I don't see the problem you are talking about?

You're right. O'linemen hardly ever get hurt so depth isn't important**

Coach34
02-01-2014, 11:14 PM

Evan Swindall, Pierce Burton, Emmanuel McCray were all solid 3-star guys. While you have some talent on the OL- losing 5 of your top 10 guys will have an impact. There is just no way around that

EAVdog
02-01-2014, 11:24 PM

Not a whole lot of starts coming back on that OL. And Cooper won't be there until August. Yep no problems at all.

dawgclub99
02-02-2014, 12:12 AM

Ha. Ha. Ha. Who is going to play Center? Bell? Conyers? You dont just replace an established center. Morris is coming off of a major knee injury. So is Tunsil. That is a lot of what-ifs. IMO, you are flucked.