PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the upcoming baseball weekend in the SEC...

CadaverDawg
04-29-2013, 03:15 PM
Does anyone know much about Bama? What style of ball do they play? Any really dangerous hitters or pitchers? Or just an average ball club.

Also, how do you see these key series playing out....

Vandy @ USC
Florida @ LSU
Arkansas @ Kentucky
Ole Miss @ Auburn
Bama @ MSU

I'm going to go with...
Vandy 2-1
LSU 2-1
Kentucky 2-1
OM 2-1
MSU 2-1

ghostofjackie
04-29-2013, 03:50 PM
I think Arkansas goes 2-1 against Kentucky. I still don't think Kentucky is that good of a team. But you never know since their ballpark "plays to their advantage" or whatever yall say. I've seen Arkansas play a good bit this year and I think they finish strong this season.

CadaverDawg
04-29-2013, 04:01 PM
I think Arkansas goes 2-1 against Kentucky. I still don't think Kentucky is that good of a team. But you never know since their ballpark "plays to their advantage" or whatever yall say. I've seen Arkansas play a good bit this year and I think they finish strong this season.

Yea I could see that one go either way. May just be wishful thinking on my part to lean towards Kentucky.

Arkansas plays in a lot of low scoring games, so I'm hoping UK will be able to outscore them.

State82
04-29-2013, 06:19 PM
Here's a little bit CD. They hit .245 as a team and no regular starter is above .300. In fact, the highest avg. among regulars is .284. Team era is 3.12 and they are fielding at .974. Their 3 starters have era's of 2.26, 3.27 and 4.12. We HAVE to come out waling on these guys from the get go. 2 out of 3 will be marginal at best. I will take it, but not be ecstatic about it. I guess we will see what the guys are really made of this weekend. Finals all week and a must win series where a sweep would right the ship in a BIG way. Also, they have only hit 12 homers all year. Hunter has 2 more than their entire team.

CadaverDawg
04-29-2013, 06:34 PM
Here's a little bit CD. They hit .245 as a team and no regular starter is above .300. In fact, the highest avg. among regulars is .284. Team era is 3.12 and they are fielding at .974. Their 3 starters have era's of 2.26, 3.27 and 4.12. We HAVE to come out waling on these guys from the get go. 2 out of 3 will be marginal at best. I will take it, but not be ecstatic about it. I guess we will see what the guys are really made of this weekend. Finals all week and a must win series where a sweep would right the ship in a BIG way. Also, they have only hit 12 homers all year. Hunter has 2 more than their entire team.

Good stuff, 82. Thanks.

Based on those numbers and us being at home...2 of 3 is minimum, and a sweep is what we need. I really think we have a good shot at it too.

Ronny
04-29-2013, 08:13 PM
..tell you this about Bama:

They have played an unbelievably ***** league schedule so far.

http://www.d1baseball.com/schools/alabama.htm

I hope this weekend, MSU goes nuts on these pampered suckers.

If in any of the games MSU is ahead 10-0 in the 8th, I want to see Cohen bring in Holder just to add insult to injury.

ghostofjackie
04-30-2013, 02:22 AM
Yea I could see that one go either way. May just be wishful thinking on my part to lean towards Kentucky.

Arkansas plays in a lot of low scoring games, so I'm hoping UK will be able to outscore them.

Problem is.... couldn't UK play their way back into a hosting spot? They just won the series in Oxford. A series win over Arkansas could put them back in the picture.

CadaverDawg
04-30-2013, 08:11 AM
Problem is.... couldn't UK play their way back into a hosting spot? They just won the series in Oxford. A series win over Arkansas could put them back in the picture.

I guess so, but they hurt themselves badly by losing 8 of 10 before the Ole Miss series...including a home series loss to Tennessee. Plus they have Vandy after Arkansas, so I think UK needs a miracle. But technically I guess they aren't out of it if they win series against Ark and Vandy.

Spider-Man
04-30-2013, 08:38 AM

Based on this information. I will be disappointed in anything less than a sweep. Pollo and Graveman should have great days and get us victories on Friday and Saturday. All hinges on how well Lingren pitches IMO. He pitches like he did against Auburn and we sweep without much of an effort.

Spider-Man
04-30-2013, 08:39 AM
I'll say Friday 7-3, Saturday 6-0, and Sunday 8-4.