PDA

View Full Version : The Rabbit

ShotgunDawg
01-31-2014, 09:17 PM
Does anyone know who the hell this is?

By reading Rosebowl's posts , I really doubt it is Carter, Thomas, Shepherd, or Griffin.

Either Rosebowl will be made fun of for eternity with a new nickname after this, or it seems to me that we may have a person sign with us on Wednesday that may not have taken a visit. Why else would this need to be kept quiet?

SDDawg
01-31-2014, 09:21 PM
He has said all along that it's not a new name. He's either trolling the entire fan base hard or there is something there, hard to tell.

Political Hack
01-31-2014, 09:22 PM
or some poor kid will be called Rosebowl's Rabbit forever. Neither result sounds good IMO!!!

ShotgunDawg
01-31-2014, 09:26 PM
He has said all along that it's not a new name. He's either trolling the entire fan base hard or there is something there, hard to tell.

Just because someone didn't take a visit here doesn't mean they are a new name.

Could be someone that came to camp, or a known player that's committed to another school.

Point is, I can't think of anyone that's visited that it could be at this point.

Dawg61
01-31-2014, 09:35 PM
Malik Newman is going to troll NSD by committing to MSU on Wednesday.**

SDDawg
01-31-2014, 09:38 PM
Just because someone didn't take a visit here doesn't mean they are a new name.

Could be someone that came to camp, or a known player that's committed to another school.

Point is, I can't think of anyone that's visited that it could be at this point.

I agree completely, I'm just puzzled by who it could be. I saw speculation that it was the OL flip to NC State earlier in the process (Tyler Jones), that's a name we know but haven't heard in a while. Didn't see any evidence to back that up though.

bully99
01-31-2014, 09:41 PM
Rosebowl said Yancy guessed the rabbit was Speaks and that was wrong, but it's a name everybody is familiar with.

smootness
01-31-2014, 09:42 PM
I agree completely, I'm just puzzled by who it could be. I saw speculation that it was the OL flip to NC State earlier in the process (Tyler Jones), that's a name we know but haven't heard in a while. Didn't see any evidence to back that up though.

He has said it is a very good player, so there's no way it's Jones. Paul also said he is elite, but then apparently he has said he was talking about Shepard. I will say that if the rabbit is Shepard, then that's disappointing only b/c of the way Steve has continued to hint at the rabbit while openly discussing Shepard.

SDDawg
01-31-2014, 09:43 PM
He has said it is a very good player, so there's no way it's Jones. Paul also said he is elite, but then apparently he has said he was talking about Shepard. I will say that if the rabbit is Shepard, then that's disappointing only b/c of the way Steve has continued to hint at the rabbit while openly discussing Shepard.

If the rabbit is Shepard, then Steve is trolling everyone hard. No way it can be Shepard and he not look like a goon on Wednesday.

FlabLoser
01-31-2014, 09:56 PM
I hope Rosebowl won't need a new name: Easter Bunny

thunderclap
01-31-2014, 09:58 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Rose doesn't know dick.

Goat Holder
01-31-2014, 10:13 PM
Derek Pegues

DanDority
01-31-2014, 10:22 PM

Truer words have never been spoken!

jimbo352
01-31-2014, 10:22 PM
Ole Steve is just throwing shit at the wall like little Nancy Yancy does...

If no one commits he'll just throw some kid under the bus to cover his ass.

hells bells
01-31-2014, 10:27 PM
Truer words have never been spoken!

None of us know shit and thank goodness. I know one post has been pulled down with a name attached. Good catch C34. We are our own worse 17ing problem sometime.

CadaverDawg
01-31-2014, 10:30 PM
I wouldn't trust Rosie if it was his son that was committing somewhere.

CadaverDawg
01-31-2014, 10:39 PM
Not sure who the rabbit is that everyone SPEAKS of. We are just trying to keep up with the JONES's. It would be a PIERCE to the heart of the Red Cup Denials if we stole an Elite recruit from the Rebs, eh? I'm sure Rosie and the SHEPHARD over on Scout are setting expectations higher than the flat top of Fred THOMAS though. By the way, does anyone know a good TAYLOR? I hear Yancy needs to patch the knees of his favorite Capri's after DUPREE came to town.

Roger's name may or may not be in the above text.*

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/cliprogerrabbit_7816.gif

SDDawg
01-31-2014, 10:42 PM
Not sure who the rabbit is that everyone SPEAKS of. We are just trying to keep up with the JONES's. It would be a PIERCE to the heart of the Red Cup Denials if we stole an Elite recruit from the Rebs, eh? I'm sure Rosie and the SHEPHARD over on Scout are setting expectations higher than the flat top of Fred THOMAS though. By the way, does anyone know a good TAYLOR? I hear Yancy needs to patch the knees of his favorite Capri's after DUPREE came to town.

Roger's name may or may not be in the above text.*

BO-dacious post.

ShotgunDawg
01-31-2014, 10:44 PM
On the lake someone threw another possible rabbit name into the ring: Bo Scarborough

There is obviously no way to know if it is him, but Bo has been to campus many times and would have little need to take a visit. He also is elite and a name we all know.

Coach34
01-31-2014, 10:48 PM
Or we could just stfu and find out on Wednesday????

Op4isabitch
01-31-2014, 11:05 PM

Best words spoken on the subject!

SDDawg
02-01-2014, 12:11 AM

No fun doing that. :)

Statecoachingblows**
02-01-2014, 12:32 AM
I'm hearing the rabbit is not actually a player, but a coach...freeze has been hired as director of recruiting apparently he wanted to get on the winning side of this one sides rivalry(***) plus he looks better leaving rather than getting canned. Something about giving him another win on paper**

Todd4State
02-01-2014, 01:11 AM
Ole Steve is just throwing shit at the wall like little Nancy Yancy does...

If no one commits he'll just throw some kid under the bus to cover his ass.

Exactly. This is to drive up page hits on an otherwise "boring" recruiting season thus far. Weds will be exciting though- not because of any "rabbit" but because we're going to have some people commit on NSD. There's really no need to do this.

In fact, I don't believe there is a rabbit or any other secret recruit. If I am wrong, I'll eat crow. For the record, I was right about Brandon Bryant and that working out- so I'm already up on the recruiting guru 1-0.

You are correct that Rosebowl will throw some kid under the bus if his rabbit trick backfires. That, or I've seen him spin it where a guy that was already committed and was expected to sign with MSU was really the rabbit all along.

With Rosebowl, he's never wrong because he says he was right. Even if he is wrong.

Todd4State
02-01-2014, 01:13 AM

Brandon Bryant agrees with you.

sbcmortgageman
02-01-2014, 07:39 AM
It's Tee. Nothing more, nothing less.

Vandownbytheriver
02-01-2014, 09:49 AM
It is pretty much a requirement to be a recruiting writer you have to have revisionist history. They are never wrong, just things changed, kid lied, someone paid them off, etc. Sleezy is a word that can be used to describe 99% of them.

DownwardDawg
02-01-2014, 09:56 AM

Thia is by far the best approach to take.

Political Hack
02-01-2014, 11:14 AM
It is pretty much a requirement to be a recruiting writer you have to have revisionist history. They are never wrong, just things changed, kid lied, someone paid them off, etc. Sleezy is a word that can be used to describe 99% of them.

do you and your brother argue about this? would love to be a fly on the wall during those conversations.

Dallas_Dawg
02-01-2014, 02:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HkW6WuQX1E

Ray Wylie Hubbard - The Rabbit

Oddly enough, the first verse kinda fits this Rabbit

Vandownbytheriver
02-01-2014, 03:06 PM
do you and your brother argue about this? would love to be a fly on the wall during those conversations.

Yes we do. I give him every bit of hell I give all the rest. This right here from an interview with AJ McCarron sums up my thoughts on recruiting "experts."

"I think that’s one of the things that is wrong with recruiting out of high school,” said McCarron. “You have guys who have never played the game of football rating these guys that they are a 5-star, because they’re sitting behind a computer screen watching their highlight film. Well, their highlight film is supposed to be good, the last time I checked. That’s the kind of thing that ticks me off about recruiting and when these kids come in and they’re 5-stars and they expect to play right off the bat. It’s a little entitlement and when they don’t play right off the bat, they get a little ticked off and they don’t want to work.”

state66
02-01-2014, 04:09 PM
100% tee shephard

slickdawg
02-01-2014, 04:34 PM
I think Rosie just threw that out there as bait. After signing day, if we get someone he can say that was it. If we don't, he can simply say it didn't work out "but won't name names".

SunCoastDog
02-01-2014, 04:56 PM
http://www.vintage-movie-poster.com/Stewart_Harvey_photo_Rabbit.jpg