PDA

View Full Version : MSU crootin update

BeastMan
01-31-2014, 04:59 PM
http://3rdand57.com/recruiting-update-the-clarksdale-duo/ The Clarksdale Duo JT Gray and Elgton Jenkins, Marcus Griffin, and the latest positive movement on Trey Carter flipping. It isn't just Talty predicting the flip now...

BeastMan
01-31-2014, 05:09 PM
Gotta enjoy when top talent flips...

http://cdn.gifbay.com/2013/04/jumps_in_bikinis_back_flips_front_flips_backhand_s prings_etc-41752.gif

BeastMan
01-31-2014, 05:10 PM
Remember that time Epps thought he could flip to MSU and we said "no thanks"?

http://shechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/flip.gif%3Fw%3D442%26h%3D367

bulldawg28
01-31-2014, 05:42 PM
Are we doing anything with Pierce?

BeastMan
01-31-2014, 05:53 PM
Are we doing anything with Pierce?

Not sure. Only option would be sign and place from what I understand

BeastMan
01-31-2014, 06:29 PM
OJ smith just arrived per Talty. Is another flip on the horizon?

Coach34
01-31-2014, 06:35 PM

No way cause Hevesy has been his recruiter and Hevesy cant croot**

HoopsDawg
01-31-2014, 06:44 PM

Things not looking good on carter. Hard to call oj smith a flip when his offer from bama is a gray shirt.

Pierce is a sign and place.

MetEdDawg
01-31-2014, 06:47 PM
Things not looking good on Carter? Where you seeing that? He's not taken an official visit to anyone but us, multiple people on 24/7 switching their predictions of him from OSU to us, and we've been in constant contact with him. Everything seems pretty good right now. You hearing something different?

engie
01-31-2014, 06:47 PM
Things not looking good on carter.

Uh -- wut

Coach34
01-31-2014, 06:51 PM
Hoops Dawg is rarely correct, so I took it as a great sign he said that

Noxdog
01-31-2014, 06:54 PM
PJ is saying it may come down to signing day on Carter.

DCdawg
01-31-2014, 06:59 PM
I'm guessing OJ is holding out for Bama to come through since he retweeted a fan that, in response to his "Made it to Starkville" tweet, said if he got bored he could come down to Tuscaloosa.

Coach34
01-31-2014, 08:04 PM
PJ is saying it may come down to signing day on Carter.

Ok State was always going to come back strong one last time- hopefully we can pull it off

BeastMan
01-31-2014, 09:06 PM
Ok State was always going to come back strong one last time- hopefully we can pull it off

No doubt. Not that crystal ball predictions are everything but MSU getting 3 today, including Shannon Terry & JC Shurburrtt is telling

HoopsDawg
01-31-2014, 09:11 PM
No doubt. Not that crystal ball predictions are everything but MSU getting 3 today, including Shannon Terry & JC Shurburrtt is telling

We aren't getting carter and even if we do, he is a sign and place. Tee Shepard saves some face but this is not how I wanted to close.

GreenheadDawg
01-31-2014, 09:39 PM
We aren't getting carter and even if we do, he is a sign and place. Tee Shepard saves some face but this is not how I wanted to close.

Are you this pessimistic in your daily life. I don't think I've ever seen you post something positive. I bet you're a real pleasure to be around.**

smootness
01-31-2014, 09:59 PM

The heck are you talking about? Carter is not a sign-and-place, and you're the only one who is confident we aren't getting him. This isn't the way you wanted to close...with really good prospects like Carter, Thomas, Smith, Shepard, and Griffin still in play?

K.

Geez, you seem like a fun guy to be around.

preachermatt83
01-31-2014, 10:03 PM
why have I not heard much about Peirce? Isnt he supposed to be one of the top Recruits out of florida? I saw where he is visiting this weekend and not sure why there is not more hoopla over it.

smootness
01-31-2014, 10:06 PM
why have I not heard much about Peirce? Isnt he supposed to be one of the top Recruits out of florida? I saw where he is visiting this weekend and not sure why there is not more hoopla over it.

He's a definite sign-and-place. Would still be nice to place him somewhere and hope he becomes a stud either at TE or at DE for 2 years down the line.

Really Clark?
01-31-2014, 10:10 PM
Pierce missed his flight and won't be visiting this weekend. He may wait to sign and visit later.

Noxdog
01-31-2014, 10:54 PM
to sound that way.. Either way, we want to be the school who places him.

The heck are you talking about? Carter is not a sign-and-place, and you're the only one who is confident we aren't getting him. This isn't the way you wanted to close...with really good prospects like Carter, Thomas, Smith, Shepard, and Griffin still in play?

K.

GrassOfDWS
01-31-2014, 11:11 PM
I'm just glad it is almost over. Before the Egg Bowl week, I wrote two things I believe on M&WN about Ole Miss. I have written a lot more about them than I care to during the recruiting season. Ready to focus solely on basketball and baseball.

BeastMan
02-01-2014, 12:02 AM
He's a definite sign-and-place. Would still be nice to place him somewhere and hope he becomes a stud either at TE or at DE for 2 years down the line.

Heck yes it would be nice to sign and place. I'm all for signing and placing a few a year as long as they're really good talent.

It_Could_Happen
02-01-2014, 12:24 AM
A VERY reliable source just told me Tee Shepard to Mississippi State is a done deal. 100%.

Coach34
02-01-2014, 12:42 AM
A VERY reliable source just told me Tee Shepard to Mississippi State is a done deal. 100%.

Good deal. Hope you are dead on

HoopsDawg
02-01-2014, 10:06 AM

K.

We are only going to sign 2 of the 5 u mentioned at best.

Really Clark?
02-01-2014, 10:47 AM
You speak with such finality that you open yourself up to be called out if you are wrong. To quote "It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt".

You have no way of knowing how many we are going to sign out of that group. We may not get any but we have just as good of a chance to sign 3. Carter and Thomas are up in the air and tough to know which way they go. With Thomas still committed and visiting to Tenn I think the odds are lower with him. Shepard we are in excellent shape for as well as Smith. I think Griffin is the longest shot but he is having a good time, so that is a plus. He has come in open minded and ready to enjoy himself so that can only help the coaches. Not to mention we should get Harris, even though he wasn't mentioned. But this is all just my opinion based on information I have received.

SDDawg
02-01-2014, 11:00 AM
We are only going to sign 2 of the 5 u mentioned at best.

Worst post of the year, but it's still early. Keep working at it HoopsBear.

HoopsDawg
02-03-2014, 04:53 PM
Worst post of the year, but it's still early. Keep working at it HoopsBear.

Any apologies from anyone? Coach? Metdawg? Smootness? randy? Engie? Green head?

Coach34
02-03-2014, 05:23 PM

Apology for what? You said we would only get 2- we are 1 for 3 with 2 still in play....

engie
02-03-2014, 05:24 PM
Apologies for what? You REALLY think you want to go down that path? Signing Day has already come and gone?

smootness
02-03-2014, 05:28 PM

Why would I apologize? It wouldn't matter if we ended up with 0 of the 5, which obviously isn't going to happen. My point was that to complain about a terrible close while we still had/have good prospects left on the board and it isn't over is stupid.

And grabbing 2 of those 5 would still be a good close. If getting 2 high-quality prospects that no one was talking much about a couple of months ago at the end, while keeping all of your top commits, is not how you wanted to close, then your expectations are far too high.

SDDawg
02-03-2014, 07:27 PM

After I run through the Grove screaming "Hawty Tawddy" wearing a Colonel Sanders outfit, I'll hit you up with that apology. Maybe.

HoopsDawg
02-03-2014, 08:58 PM
I guess not. It's hard to admit when u r wrong. That's ok guys. I'll just keep in posting facts.

SDDawg
02-03-2014, 09:05 PM
Dude, did I fall asleep and miss National Signing Day? I thought it was about 36 hours away? Seriously, so much in play right no that I wouldn't take a victory lap yet on any predictions... bump the thread on Wednesday night and maybe then there will be some takers. Or maybe you'll be apologizing. :)

engie
02-03-2014, 10:29 PM
I guess not. It's hard to admit when u r wrong. That's ok guys. I'll just keep in posting facts.

That's funny. Hilarious actually coming from you.