PDA

View Full Version : This is how you finish

Sacrifice
01-31-2014, 04:37 PM
I don't know if it's just me but it seems like our coaches are bustin some serious ass this year on the recruiting trail. My head is spinning with all the different names that are still in play for us and I love the fact that we're not playing a prevent defense towards the end but blitzing the hell out of recruits. Jo lee Dunn would be proud!!!

jimbo352
01-31-2014, 04:47 PM
We should wait until we finish, before we talk about how good we finished...

Lots of good vibes around town, hopefully we close strong and carry the momentum into next season.

SDDawg
01-31-2014, 04:50 PM
I hear that Freeze is going wild between the sexual assault allegations and some late pressure he's getting. Glad to see him on the hot seat, hopefully Dan is making him feel the heat on at least one or two guys as well. ;)

smootness
01-31-2014, 04:58 PM
I hear that Freeze is going wild between the sexual assault allegations and some late pressure he's getting. Glad to see him on the hot seat, hopefully Dan is making him feel the heat on at least one or two guys as well. ;)

Everything can change in an instant. Last year, they won the Egg Bowl, went completely nuts down the stretch in recruiting, and Freeze could do no wrong. They started out fairly well this year, we struggled, and Freeze was the SEC's best coach and Mullen was about to be fired. Then we won the Egg Bowl, they had the sexual assault incident and may finish their recruiting class with a thud; and we could finish really well. Suddenly we're invincible again and they suck.

But if we whiff on all our remaining targets and Ole Miss lands Dupre (not happening, obviously, just saying), then it will swing right back the other way.

preachermatt83
01-31-2014, 05:02 PM
I hope youre right smoot but it seems to me that the closer we get to NSD the more guys we are missing out on.. Rawlings, Humprey, and Stallings. yes we have some guys on the board that would be great to pick up but we have yet to pick a single one of them up. Hoping we do but Im just not convinced. We are losing more than we are picking up. Thomas and Smith would be huge pickups but Im not sure we gonna get em.

quickstrike2
01-31-2014, 05:09 PM

I hope your right. Freeze needs to feel what its like in the SEC, the first year is all for funzies, it gets real in the second.

smootness
Humphrey was never coming, and we always knew if Ole Miss offered Rawlings was likely gone. I don't see either as a true 'loss'. Yes, Stallings was a loss, but I'm not even sure if we were on him much before Ole Miss started showing more interest in Rawlings.

But the rest of the guys on our board haven't decided, so I'm not worried that we haven't flipped them yet. They still have yet to make their final decision. Thomas, Carter, Griffin, Smith, Shepard, Harris...these were always our targets, and we're still in it with all of them. Being worried that they haven't flipped yet, to me, is like being worried that we won't beat Southern Miss next year because we haven't won it yet.

Homedawg
Thomas isn't out of play. However, a betting man would be smart to avoid taking us in that one. Smith is a long shot.

Sacrifice
01-31-2014, 05:17 PM
I agree with what ya'll saying. A lot could change by next week, there's no doubt about that but I feel like our commits we have now are solid. What I was getting at was the effort the coaches are putting in to fill this class out. We may not land any of these recruits but it's nice to see them play offense instead of defense this year...

SDDawg
01-31-2014, 05:39 PM
Everything can change in an instant. Last year, they won the Egg Bowl, went completely nuts down the stretch in recruiting, and Freeze could do no wrong. They started out fairly well this year, we struggled, and Freeze was the SEC's best coach and Mullen was about to be fired. Then we won the Egg Bowl, they had the sexual assault incident and may finish their recruiting class with a thud; and we could finish really well. Suddenly we're invincible again and they suck.

But if we whiff on all our remaining targets and Ole Miss lands Dupre (not happening, obviously, just saying), then it will swing right back the other way.

You had me at "Suddenly we're invincible again and they suck." LOL :cool:

dawg27
01-31-2014, 08:32 PM
i hope we finish strong. I am excited about next year,i wish it was time for kick off now.

dawg27
01-31-2014, 08:48 PM
i cant wait for next egg bowl and Dan and the dawgs shuts them down in ther house.

Schultzy
01-31-2014, 09:03 PM
Gerri Green and Aeris Williams are better than any two they put down against us. Taylor is soft and the db from Meridian looked awful in the Miss Al game.

Sorry, you can rate the stars all you want but we won the battle this year and are ahead on next years battle. Our skill guys outside are even better with Graham for sure.