PDA

View Full Version : Pack

msstate7
01-31-2014, 11:17 AM
Coach66 on sps asked about rumor that pack could be flipping to us. I haven't seen or heard it, but I'm on the outside looking in when it comes to recruiting. Anyone heard anything about this?

FlabLoser
01-31-2014, 11:23 AM
;)

Goat Holder
01-31-2014, 11:29 AM
Believe it when I see it. I don't think we've flipped anybody since Elliot and Williams in 2007, and neither amounted to anything. Scratch that, we also got Perkins and Heavens when Auburn fired Tubby. But by and large the Mullen Era has been flip-less. Not that that is a good or bad thing, just hasn't been their style.

Westdawg
01-31-2014, 11:31 AM
I know fellas, but that is reaching a bit far. If it were to happen, GREAT!!! .....but honestly, I think ppl are just reaching for straws at this point in order to determine who this "mystery possible commit* is that Paul and others were speculating on.
This is not the one......but still would be a great commit

Coach34
01-31-2014, 11:34 AM
It's called counter espionage...I've heard rumblings of OM messing with Graham also....both school are messing with each others commits at this point now that most of the recruiting is done and Wed is near

Thick
01-31-2014, 11:34 AM
Allegedly, Mama Pack has a new Escalade. He was already committed to OM. Maybe they have good jobs, but if not, I doubt we're flipping him, especially if that vehicle was donated for the cause.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-31-2014, 11:44 AM
Allegedly, Mama Pack has a new Escalade. He was already committed to OM. Maybe they have good jobs, but if not, I doubt we're flipping him, especially if that vehicle was donated for the cause.
Careful, recruiting isn't over, we might miss our last shot at signing him if this gets back to his family****

EAVdog
01-31-2014, 11:45 AM
He has reached out to Mullen this week, even asked to take an OV. Paul has confirmed that. We said no thanks to the OV because we are set at that position and why disturb current commits. But it is rumored we may have had an in home visit last night.

Pack has been one of their most vocal recruiters and this could be a setup to create doubt in Jesse Jackson's mind. They are doing everything they can to get anybody on our commit list to come to Oxford, particularly Jesse Jackson and Jamoral Graham. If you haven't noticed they probably aren't getting Micheal Sawyers (UT), Isaiah McKenzie (VT), Malachi Dupre (LSU/FSU)... Jordan Sims is going to Vandy this weekend, Charles Standberry (OM Commit) is headed to Louisville this weekend, Kendarius Webster (OM Commit) is headed to UGA this weekend, Andrew Williams will commit to Auburn, D Law probably headed to UCF.... They have changed the official line from we have 4 guys who will need to Greyshirt to "we may save scholarships for next year".

But perhaps Pack thinks they may have put together a deal that Malachi Dupre couldn't turn down and he'll be fighting to keep his own spot. However knowing that Pack is one of their most vocal recruiters I'd say this is a setup job.

smootness
01-31-2014, 11:50 AM
Believe it when I see it. I don't think we've flipped anybody since Elliot and Williams in 2007, and neither amounted to anything. Scratch that, we also got Perkins and Heavens when Auburn fired Tubby. But by and large the Mullen Era has been flip-less. Not that that is a good or bad thing, just hasn't been their style.

You're right if you're talking about Ole Miss (although technically we flipped Quay, just didn't happen late). But we've flipped a few others from BCS programs...Ross from OSU, Tolando Cleveland from GT last year, and Irvin-Sills was an Auburn commit at one time; Staley from Vandy this year, and that was before Franklin left. It happens more than we give ourselves credit for, it definitely can be done.

I don't think Pack is the 'rabbit', though. Steve firmly said he wasn't coming to State today. He also keeps hinting at the 'rabbit' despite openly discussing Shepard and Carter. So either it's one of them and he's just trying to get interest up, which is definitely possible, or it's still somebody else.

EAVdog
01-31-2014, 11:55 AM
You're right if you're talking about Ole Miss (although technically we flipped Quay, just didn't happen late). But we've flipped a few others from BCS programs...Ross from OSU, Tolando Cleveland from GT last year, and Irvin-Sills was an Auburn commit at one time; Staley from Vandy this year, and that was before Franklin left. It happens more than we give ourselves credit for, it definitely can be done.

I don't think Pack is the 'rabbit', though. Steve firmly said he wasn't coming to State today. He also keeps hinting at the 'rabbit' despite openly discussing Shepard and Carter. So either it's one of them and he's just trying to get interest up, which is definitely possible, or it's still somebody else.

I think most of these guys try to gin up as much traffic as they can the last week/weekend of recruiting season. PJ has stated that Sheppard was the mystery guy he has been talking about. Which is a really freaking huge get for us, not sure why we aren't doing backflips right now over this coup the staff pulled. He has 3 to play 3!

engie
01-31-2014, 11:57 AM
If he's openly talking about those two, while still talking about another "rabbit", then it better be someone different -- or else he's going to get reamed...

EAVdog
01-31-2014, 12:00 PM
If he's openly talking about those two, while still talking about another "rabbit", then it better be someone different -- or else he's going to get reamed...

His flock will believe him when he plays it off as another failure by Mullen to bring in his 'Rabbit'. And he'll wish that he could say more but sources etc...

engie
01-31-2014, 12:02 PM
I think most of these guys try to gin up as much traffic as they can the last week/weekend of recruiting season. PJ has stated that Sheppard was the mystery guy he has been talking about. Which is a really freaking huge get for us, not sure why we aren't doing backflips right now over this coup the staff pulled. He has 3 to play 3!

I think everyone is just tentative about his qualifying situation -- and since his overall situation has changed so many times, it's hard to make heads or tails of it for the most part.

Is he allegedly looking at a June, July, or August entry? Or does nobody know?

Would definitely be huge. Would leave us with Sr Jamerson Love, Jr Taveze Calhoun, Jr Will Redmond, So Cedric Jiles, So Tee Shepard, So Tolando Cleveland @ corner. Plus Irvin-Sills and I'm sure one other RS I'm forgetting...

starkvegasdawg
01-31-2014, 12:20 PM
I think everyone is just tentative about his qualifying situation -- and since his overall situation has changed so many times, it's hard to make heads or tails of it for the most part.

Is he allegedly looking at a June, July, or August entry? Or does nobody know?

According to what was reported on H2H this week he would be an August entry. That is why he changed his mind on going to the JUCO in CA. There was going to be an issue on classes transferring and he would not have been able to graduate but if he stayed at Holmes and passed all his coursework he would be able to graduate after summer school and be eligible to play at the D1 level.

chef dixon
01-31-2014, 12:25 PM
From all indications on Shepard's twitter, looks like he is really into MSU. Hope we can get it worked out. Seems like a good get all around.

dawgclub99
01-31-2014, 12:38 PM
CDM went in-home with him to get an OV. IDK if he will come or not.

Really Clark?
01-31-2014, 12:42 PM

Huh. Others are reporting that he is asking for an OV and the staff told him no thanks. Seems like some misdirection is coming from somewhere.

quickstrike2
01-31-2014, 12:56 PM
This seems really unlikely. We would definitely want Pack and he is a tremendous player. It just seems Ole Miss can't get enough of trying to send "secret recruits" and flip their own commits so this just doesn't pass the smell test. Would love to have him though.

EAVdog
01-31-2014, 01:02 PM

Paul Jones, who is anti-senstaional, stated that we turned down his request for an OV. Sprivals is of course now reporting it as if Mullen went to Pack's how to beg him to come for an OV. Typical late season OM BS.

dawg27
01-31-2014, 01:27 PM
i would love to flip someone instead of getting our commits flipped i am on the outside on crooting but what have we got to do better to keep these kids tired of our kids getting flipped that being said i am behind mullen 100% not being the half empty glass of water but i would love if we stepped ot up

Goat Holder
01-31-2014, 01:32 PM
dawg27 - I smell a troll. Trying too hard to #1, down-grade our recrootin, and #2, to sound like an incoherent 3rd grader.

spiritual_machine2005
01-31-2014, 01:37 PM
i would love to flip someone instead of getting our commits flipped i am on the outside on crooting but what have we got to do better to keep these kids tired of our kids getting flipped that being said i am behind mullen 100% not being the half empty glass of water but i would love if we stepped ot up

Periods are our friends.

Coach34
01-31-2014, 01:42 PM
Dawgs 27 is not a troll...he is our resident Boomhaur

smootness
01-31-2014, 01:52 PM

Who has gotten flipeed? We already have done better.

Goat Holder
01-31-2014, 01:52 PM
You might want to investigate that further. He's got every trait of a troll. It's your board, though.

deltadawg99
01-31-2014, 02:01 PM
I don't see us turning down a player of Pack's caliber unless they thought he was coming to get into somebody's ear, aka Sammie Epps.

OM isn't getting Dupre. It sounds like Les and his staff were basically waiting on him when he got back from Oxford. Somebody had a good point about Dupre just wanting to go to Oxford to have some fun and that's why he didn't invite his parents.

If it is true that Pack reached out to our staff, it could be a Robert Elliot/Joe McKnight situation meaning that Pack may have been told they weren't going after any more WRs and then they roll out the red carpet for Dupre.

deltadawg99
01-31-2014, 02:29 PM
He has reached out to Mullen this week, even asked to take an OV. Paul has confirmed that. We said no thanks to the OV because we are set at that position and why disturb current commits. But it is rumored we may have had an in home visit last night.

Pack has been one of their most vocal recruiters and this could be a setup to create doubt in Jesse Jackson's mind. They are doing everything they can to get anybody on our commit list to come to Oxford, particularly Jesse Jackson and Jamoral Graham. If you haven't noticed they probably aren't getting Micheal Sawyers (UT), Isaiah McKenzie (VT), Malachi Dupre (LSU/FSU)... Jordan Sims is going to Vandy this weekend, Charles Standberry (OM Commit) is headed to Louisville this weekend, Kendarius Webster (OM Commit) is headed to UGA this weekend, Andrew Williams will commit to Auburn, D Law probably headed to UCF.... They have changed the official line from we have 4 guys who will need to Greyshirt to "we may save scholarships for next year".

But perhaps Pack thinks they may have put together a deal that Malachi Dupre couldn't turn down and he'll be fighting to keep his own spot. However knowing that Pack is one of their most vocal recruiters I'd say this is a setup job.

Where are you seeing that Sims is visiting Vandy this weekend? I've seen the other ones, but I haven't seen anything on Sims.

Johnson85
01-31-2014, 02:35 PM
Periods are our friends.

Every single guy who has ever had a scare is nodding furiously in agreement.

EAVdog
01-31-2014, 02:35 PM
DJ at OM247 says that it appears Sims will be going to Vandy but it's unclear because they haven't been in contact. I think some of these guys are trying to stay on the down-low not to cause any problems. It is rumored that when Kendarius Webster texted the Ole Miss folks that he'd be visiting UGA he was already in Athens.

Political Hack
01-31-2014, 02:40 PM
six pack won't be committing to elitedawgs any time soon. we pulled their offer.

msstate7
01-31-2014, 03:10 PM

Nice

CadaverDawg
01-31-2014, 03:14 PM

I bet conversations with this guy are hard to follow.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-31-2014, 03:15 PM
This whole Pack thing sounds like bear fans trying to stir shit up with J Graham so he'll visit them this weekend. Their coaches went by to visit him on the 29th.

EAVdog
01-31-2014, 03:17 PM
This whole Pack thing sounds like bear fans trying to stir shit up with J Graham so he'll visit them this weekend. Their coaches went by to visit him on the 29th.

Bingo

deltadawg99
01-31-2014, 03:21 PM
Hopefully Graham will be in Starkville this weekend with Gerri Green to work on Marcus Griffin since they were all at the Semper Fi game together.

engie
01-31-2014, 03:23 PM

Dunno why it would have anything to do with Graham. He plays a different position than Pack does or would. This argument could be made about Jesse Jackson -- but rumor is that Jackson is one of the primary guys trying to recruit Pack to State...

Oxfordawg
01-31-2014, 03:29 PM
I think I read Jesse and Pack are related cousins maybe

HailState39110
01-31-2014, 04:02 PM
. It is rumored that when Kendarius Webster texted the Ole Miss folks that he'd be visiting UGA he was already in Athens.

I would love for Richt and screw to stick one to the Bears after the stunts they pulled with Tunsil last year. Ole Miss flipped him in one OV weekend to Oxford after Georgia had heavily recruited Tunsil for over 2 years. Still doesn't pass the smell test.

DownwardDawg
01-31-2014, 04:37 PM

Mama Pack is a housekeeper at a hospital. Not sure what they knock down these days.

dawg27
01-31-2014, 05:18 PM
not a troll i bleed maroon trust me on that i just want to finish strong in crooting

Coach34
01-31-2014, 05:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW0V2RRL0ZI

dawg27
01-31-2014, 05:37 PM
goat holder u got me all wrong i am not a troll i hate everything about tsun all i said we had two people that has left us i just would have kelp them that is not down grading us one bit makes me mad they left cause i want the dawgs to do great and on the incoherent 3rd grader man u are wrong

CadaverDawg
01-31-2014, 06:15 PM
goat holder u got me all wrong i am not a troll i hate everything about tsun all i said we had two people that has left us i just would have kelp them that is not down grading us one bit makes me mad they left cause i want the dawgs to do great and on the incoherent 3rd grader man u are wrong

Well then throw a damn period in your posts, man. Shit, your posts give me the runs. He was being generous to use "third grader".

dawg27
01-31-2014, 06:26 PM
u right man i not good at typing as u can see. I will do better.

DCdawg
01-31-2014, 06:39 PM
u right man i not good at typing as u can see. I will do better.

Your typing was fine - seems you found all the keys. Your grammar is lacking.

RougeDawg
01-31-2014, 07:08 PM

Think he meant punctuation, not the monthly assault from the female(s) in your life.

solodawg
01-31-2014, 08:20 PM
Get outta here troll!!!

hacker
01-31-2014, 08:48 PM
can I commit some code to append a boomhauer image on every one of dawg27's posts?

TheDogFather
01-31-2014, 10:32 PM

The only dawg in dawg27 is a little Randy from American Idol.