PDA

View Full Version : Offensive Line Recrootin.....

Goat Holder
01-31-2014, 10:42 AM
Questions:

- Did we drop Norman Price? Or did he just choose USM over us?
- How do we look with Jordan Sims?
- Does anybody know anything about Elgton Jenkins?
- Why don't we go after Ethan Frith from McComb or Ken Edwards from Philadelphia? They at least have offers. I can't see that Elgton Jenkins is a diamond in the rough if we're just now offering him. Of course, we also got on Tobias Smith and others like him late as well.

I'd rather offer the best available instead of having to offer just any lineman. Let's just go JUCO in two years or load up on freshman OL next season.

smootness
01-31-2014, 10:46 AM
Questions:

- Did we drop Norman Price? Or did he just choose USM over us?
- We didn't drop him; pretty sure his girlfriend is there and it was a surprise to our coaches

- How do we look with Jordan Sims?
- Everything I've read says he's not in play

- Does anybody know anything about Elgton Jenkins?
- I don't know a thing other than the fact that his size is good. He had some D1 offers, so it wouldn't be the worst signing we've ever made.

- Why don't we go after Ethan Frith from McComb or Ken Edwards from Philadelphia? They at least have offers. I can't see that Elgton Jenkins is a diamond in the rough if we're just now offering him. Of course, we also got on Tobias Smith and others like him late as well.
- I'm not sure we ever liked Frith much, for whatever reason. And he's committed to FSU, it would be a tough pull no matter what. I don't know anything about Edwards.

I'd rather offer the best available instead of having to offer just any lineman. Let's just go JUCO in two years or load up on freshman OL next season.

OL is a place where you do need bodies, though. You don't really want to bring in a guy just to bring him in, but if you think a kid is at least able to be solid depth, it's better than bringing in a class of 1-2 guys. Next year is going to have to be a huge year for OL, though, and probably DL, too.

msstate7
01-31-2014, 10:50 AM
Edwards looks the part of a good player, but he isn't that good IMO. I watched a lot of Neshoba central games and he rarely made plays. In fact, he got pushed around a lot. Coaching and conditioning at NC has been terrible though, so ken could develop.

Goat Holder
01-31-2014, 10:56 AM
Neshoba used to be a fairly solid program back in the day. Clarksdale was a powerhouse. Just goes to show you what coaching can do.

dawg21
01-31-2014, 11:08 AM
As many have said before, OL is the hardest position to accurately evaluate. I remember watching Sherrod play against an inferior team (my old HS team) and he looked the part but just wasn't a 4* prospect in my eyes. Of course, I didn't know what I was looking at. He was bigger than everybody else, so blocking people was easy- but he didn't look dominate on offense or defense.

How a recruit grows, works, and learns are all up in the air.

I will say, I think the best way to recruit OL (well, any position) is to evaluate in person. I know we do that thru the camps but we are swinging and missing on too many players. Maybe we need to reach further out with our camps on OL.

msstate7
01-31-2014, 11:14 AM
Neshoba used to be a fairly solid program back in the day. Clarksdale was a powerhouse. Just goes to show you what coaching can do.

When I was in HS at Neshoba, we were very good (not bc of me). Funny thing is that the same coach (friend) then is the coach now, but the fire has long been gone.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-31-2014, 11:52 AM
Is Frith a Brewster signing? Damn, don't they have enough players in Fl so they don't have to come get MS kids?

dawg27
01-31-2014, 12:24 PM
we lost one to usm really what are we doing wrong in crooting it seems like everbody that is committed it just seems day to day he went to usm over us man we got to pick it up i dont know who is left have we got some good soild commits left

Really Clark?
01-31-2014, 12:29 PM
we lost one to usm really what are we doing wrong in crooting it seems like everbody that is committed it just seems day to day he went to usm over us man we got to pick it up i dont know who is left have we got some good soild commits left

We lost him to his girlfriend going to USM and we don't know their situation. As far as we know it could be a situation like Holmes last year or they are just very serious about staying together. That is a variable that sometimes can't be overcome.

dawg27
01-31-2014, 01:19 PM
u right good point i just get frustrated on this crooting crap just like that kid that was committed to us tsun offered him at the last min he jumped ship i hpoe he enjoys getting his butt kicked the next four egg bowles

TheDogFather
01-31-2014, 01:56 PM

Dude. Punctuation is your friend. I'm serious.

hacker
01-31-2014, 08:13 PM
lol, his tag is "Boomhauer." went back and read that in Boomhauer's voice, hilarity ensued.

solodawg
01-31-2014, 08:17 PM
dawg27 is OM troll!!!! Can his Ass...