PDA

View Full Version : For the Rebels: The rape situation

PassInterference
01-31-2014, 12:11 AM
Nobody here is glad it happened. In fact, its sad.

Nobody is celebrating rape or sexual assault.

Our sympathy is with the victim.

We do feel a bit of schadenfreude about the perpetrator. The fact that the accused is a Ole Miss football player who acted in the home of one or more other Ole Miss football players confirms what we've been saying about your program for about 2 years now.

Now, I suppose you'll run along back to NAFOOM and continue your threads about how MSU fans celebrate rape. Look away, look away (sounds like a song) and snicker at us. Because that's what you do. Its what you've done for about 2 years. Ignore the problem and make demagoguery of Ole Miss football. YOU'RE the ones reacting inappropriately to a rape. One of YOUR heroes on Freeze's sacred team violated someone you guys are primarily concerned about our reaction?

Next up...look the other way and embrace Hugh Freeze's elevation of football to religion. Tell yourselves its OK as long as Freeze keeps talking about faith, love, and "building the kingdom" (in Oxford). Tell yourselves players in multiple sports being caught, but not charged, with hard drugs isn't a problem. Hey, did you see Henderson jacking up all those 3's?!?!?

Saltydog
01-31-2014, 07:30 AM
nt

Jack Lambert
01-31-2014, 08:52 AM
You know what is most amazing to me about this situation, while reading their boards it appears to me they are more concern about what is being said about the situation on our boards then the fact one of their football players might have raped a person.

Ole Miss keeps representing the State of Mississippi well.

KKK marching on campus
Obama Riots
Gay bashing
now this

solodawg
01-31-2014, 09:03 AM
I hate to hear anything like this, as most common sense people do. I think with most Dawg fans, they are just more or less saying ' I told you so'..I have no idea what goes on with these big recruiting weekends at OM but, from all the photos, tweets, and recruit flipping, it makes you wonder..These are OM fans that are putting this perception out there, the parties, the woman, cash in hand of recruits...

mjh94
01-31-2014, 09:09 AM
i'm going to need a definition for some of those big words you used.

otherwise, great points.

TheDogFather
01-31-2014, 09:10 AM
while reading their boards

Save yourself the consternation

Jack Lambert
01-31-2014, 09:11 AM
Save yourself the consternation

I have none left. I have been reading their boards ever since there were boards.

chainedup_Dawg
01-31-2014, 09:16 AM
This is exactly what I told my wife yesterday who is an OM fan. She said "I bet you're happy". No, no I'm not because an innocent person's life could've, and very well may have, been ruined. I will never celebrate the demise of something I dislike when it involves a person being violated. Disgusted is what I am.

CadaverDawg
01-31-2014, 09:26 AM
I don't read their boards, and could not care less about what they're saying on them because nobody else reads them either. Conversations on Nafoom might as well be happening in the Bermuda Triangle. That board is a shit show.

As for the rape case. They ALL know that no state fan is celebrating a rape. It is just typical Rebel spin trying to take their negatives and spin them into a negative about MSU. Funny thing is, it goes against their "they're our little brother, we aren't worried about them", and "we don't care about the EGg bowl, and don't consider State our rival" mantra. See guys, they don't believe any of the shit they say, and it's times like now that their spinning contradicts previous statements.

The bottom line is, their fan base is like a rich person that is trying to maintain a "status". Problem is, their program isn't rich with CWS trips, SEC championship trips, Final Fours, etc...so they're constantly trying to maintain a status that they made up to begin with.

They're an embarrassment to not only OUR State, but this country. But they will just turn a blind eye, because denial is their true mascot. When a snotty family has a child that commits a felony, the really nice family next door may not want their son hanging out with that kid anymore. Does that mean the nice family "makes a mockery" of felonies because they say, "don't do what he did"? No. Ole miss fans realize what we're saying but are terrified to admit that their program is out of control. They will never admit the truth that they feel, so quit expecting it

Coach34
01-31-2014, 09:28 AM
No doubt this is a sad situation. And you are correct in that its also sort of an "I told ya so" situation with State fans. It's just something you hate to see.

A) You hate it for the player- because either some psycho girl has trumped up some crap to get him in all kinds of trouble- OR- he made a stupid decision that is going to affect the rest of his life. And especially if alcohol was involved, which makes young and stupid even more young and stupid.

B) You hate it for the girl- if indeed she was attacked or whatever, because that is something that wont go away anytime soon. Not to mention the short-term publicity that is going to come from it. The hope here is that she is not some bat-shit crazy nutbag that is going to make guys miserable the rest of their lives.

Coach34
01-31-2014, 09:31 AM
They're an embarrassment to not only OUR State, but this country. But they will just turn a blind eye, because denial is their true mascot.

That's outstanding

FlabLoser
01-31-2014, 10:25 AM
No doubt this is a sad situation. And you are correct in that its also sort of an "I told ya so" situation with State fans. It's just something you hate to see.

A) You hate it for the player- because either some psycho girl has trumped up some crap to get him in all kinds of trouble- OR- he made a stupid decision that is going to affect the rest of his life. And especially if alcohol was involved, which makes young and stupid even more young and stupid.

B) You hate it for the girl- if indeed she was attacked or whatever, because that is something that wont go away anytime soon. Not to mention the short-term publicity that is going to come from it. The hope here is that she is not some bat-shit crazy nutbag that is going to make guys miserable the rest of their lives.

C) Concern for the girl when the Rebels go full bore John L Pitts on her.

RougeDawg
01-31-2014, 10:27 AM
Most of all I blame the piece of shit NCAA. They continue to ape OM to implement a sword west approach to recruiting and athletic discipline. What will it finally take for the NCAA to out an end to their shenanigans? Will it take a recruit or players OD'ing or dying in an alcohol related accident on one of their "recruiting weekends" before the NCAA says that's enough? As sad as it is, I'm thinking it will continue to something tragic occurs. Sad that it could be stopped now, but we know how the NCAA treats them.

Bubb Rubb
01-31-2014, 10:33 AM
You know what is most amazing to me about this situation, while reading their boards it appears to me they are more concern about what is being said about the situation on our boards then the fact one of their football players might have raped a person.

Ole Miss keeps representing the State of Mississippi well.

KKK marching on campus
Obama Riots
Gay bashing
now this

Look, while I agree that the scrutiny couldn't happen to a better bunch, we need to chill out. Any one of these things could just as easily happen on our campus.

The most recent happening up north is a very serious situation. Freeze should deal with it sternly. We should hope that he does. And if it happened here, I would hope we would all want the same things.

This rape situatoin isn't an Ole Miss problem. It's a "stupid dude acting stupid" problem. It happened at Vandy. It happened at FSU. It probably happens a lot more than it gets reported, and it can happen here too.

Jack Lambert
01-31-2014, 10:48 AM
Look, while I agree that the scrutiny couldn't happen to a better bunch, we need to chill out. Any one of these things could just as easily happen on our campus.

The most recent happening up north is a very serious situation. Freeze should deal with it sternly. We should hope that he does. And if it happened here, I would hope we would all want the same things.

This rape situatoin isn't an Ole Miss problem. It's a "stupid dude acting stupid" problem. It happened at Vandy. It happened at FSU. It probably happens a lot more than it gets reported, and it can happen here too.

Well for one it did not happen on our campus and for two everything I listed happened at their campus. I don't think it has to with the odds but the climate that has been created where it takes place.

Don't think for one minute if the shoe was on the other foot they would not be all over this stuff. Heck you could bet your last dollar they would be using it when in some kids house recruiting.

chef dixon
01-31-2014, 10:51 AM
For me, its the whole Freeze religious persona and how Ole Miss fans seems to rally behind that. But man, his players sure don't seem to act like that sometimes. And when something like this does happen, they are completely blind to the hypocrisy of the program and continue to tote about how great of a figure Freeze is. I'm not saying that our guys are saints, because we have our share of incidents as does any school, but we aren't sitting here trying to create such a bullshit environment of love.

Bubb Rubb
01-31-2014, 12:15 PM
For me, its the whole Freeze religious persona and how Ole Miss fans seems to rally behind that. But man, his players sure don't seem to act like that sometimes. And when something like this does happen, they are completely blind to the hypocrisy of the program and continue to tote about how great of a figure Freeze is. I'm not saying that our guys are saints, because we have our share of incidents as does any school, but we aren't sitting here trying to create such a bullshit environment of love.

I agree 110% that Freeze opens himself and his program up to more scrutiny because of his religous persona. He is going to have that "Jimmy Swaggart moment" because he has set himself up for failure. I think we likewise set ourselves up for failure by making this incident an Ole Miss thing. It could happen anywhere.

wobblyh
01-31-2014, 04:28 PM

I'm not sure how accountable the leader is for the followers. Are parents whose kids make terrible decisions bad parents? Teachers have tons of students. If one or two or a handful flunk out, are the teachers at fault? Sometimes - maybe so, most of the time - no. I think OM is right to hype the stuff Freeze preaches. I can like what the preacher preaches even if I know he doesn't always live it.

chef dixon
01-31-2014, 05:44 PM
I'm not sure how accountable the leader is for the followers. Are parents whose kids make terrible decisions bad parents? Teachers have tons of students. If one or two or a handful flunk out, are the teachers at fault? Sometimes - maybe so, most of the time - no. I think OM is right to hype the stuff Freeze preaches. I can like what the preacher preaches even if I know he doesn't always live it.

Just a bad look in my opinion, but what can I really see with my maroon glasses on? No one is expecting him to be able to control a bunch of big shot college athletes, so I'm not even sure why he would want to put himself out there like that. Part of being a leader is accountability, and he is most certainly accountable for their play on the field, so it'd probably be in his best interest to spend his energy on that.

DancingRabbit
01-31-2014, 07:28 PM
Googled to see if there was any new articles and ran across this:

http://collegestats.org/articles/2013/02/the-most-dangerous-schools-for-women/

Political Hack
01-31-2014, 08:00 PM
so let me get this straight, they have a football player arrested for sexual battery and somehow we're the bad guys for pointing out that this is emblematic of a larger systematic problem that we've been discussing for years?

If any of them had heeded our warnings in the first place this could've possibly been avoided during their big party weekend. instead they choose to point the finger elsewhere and distract from a problem that will obviously continue into the future given their sudden ambiguity towards the crime of rape.