PDA

View Full Version : This has to have been THE most boring recruiting season ever...

maroonmania
01-30-2014, 09:55 PM
We are less than a week from signing day here at the end of January and since Christmas Day we have had ONE commitment gained (Hutcherson) and one commitment lost (Rawlings). What a snoozer.

Coach34
01-30-2014, 10:02 PM
thank god

smootness
01-30-2014, 10:02 PM
It should end with a bang one way or another, though. We're still waiting on Cory Thomas, Trey Carter, Marcus Griffin, OJ Smith, Tee Shepard....it'll get exciting next week.

Bothrops
01-30-2014, 10:08 PM
Yeah everything will heat up after Super Bowl Sunday. Weds could be crazy

Todd4State
01-30-2014, 10:12 PM
It would have been even more boring if Rosebowl hadn't pulled Bryant's scholarship. I still can't believe that dumbass said that.

Gen. Grant
01-30-2014, 10:13 PM
It probably seems that way compared to the circus that was last years January and February.

RC3
01-30-2014, 10:16 PM
Put me in the "thankful" crowd. Recruiting battles are so dramatic and I'm glad I haven't had to be peeled away from my computer due a chris jones type saga. Quite refreshing

Pollodawg
01-30-2014, 10:21 PM
Yeah, I'll never complain about boring recruiting with some of the shenanigans we've seen.

state66
01-30-2014, 10:27 PM
Yea im thinking it could be a pretty clutch close for mullen if he can pull it off.

Harrydawg
01-30-2014, 10:45 PM
No kidding! Thank you Jesus!

BogeyGolfer
01-30-2014, 10:51 PM
We are less than a week from signing day here at the end of January and since Christmas Day we have had ONE commitment gained (Hutcherson) and one commitment lost (Rawlings). What a snoozer.
I wish we would sign more LA players... A lot if talent in that state. When we open up next year, our center, QB and RB will be from the same state.

mic
01-30-2014, 10:54 PM
you will have all the excitement you need next year..

Behrdawg
01-30-2014, 10:54 PM
Thank God....

Wait until next year- its a HUGE year for MS recruits. Its gonna get crazy, perhaps the craziest we have ever seen.

Original48
01-30-2014, 11:13 PM
Gimme a snoozefest all day long over Aeris Williams telling our staff he wants to visit Oxford this weekend. Anybody wanna go through that?

msstate7
01-30-2014, 11:31 PM
Gimme a snoozefest all day long over Aeris Williams telling our staff he wants to visit Oxford this weekend. Anybody wanna go through that?

Please never type that again... Haha

Todd4State
01-31-2014, 01:07 AM
you will have all the excitement you need next year..

We're pooling our excitement until then.

maroonmania
01-31-2014, 10:26 AM
Believe me I'm fine with the mostly no drama part about our current commits (with the exception of maybe Bryant's USM visit) but it is very frustrating when we have this fairly long list of targets and we seemingly can't get any of them to either pull the trigger for us or flip to us. Seems we've poured all this money into facilities and stadium expansion along with being a consistent bowl team now but we still aren't really getting much mileage out of when guys make official visits.

smootness
01-31-2014, 10:43 AM
Believe me I'm fine with the mostly no drama part about our current commits (with the exception of maybe Bryant's USM visit) but it is very frustrating when we have this fairly long list of targets and we seemingly can't get any of them to either pull the trigger for us or flip to us. Seems we've poured all this money into facilities and stadium expansion along with being a consistent bowl team now but we still aren't really getting much mileage out of when guys make official visits.

Most of them still haven't decided, though, so we just have to wait and see. Stallings is really the only one who has pulled the trigger. The others, like Thomas, Carter, Griffin, and Shepard, are still in play. If we get a couple of them then the visits worked. It will be an exciting signing day that could either end in euphoria or disappointment.

dickiedawg
01-31-2014, 02:50 PM
I tend to disagree. Sure, January has been slow in terms of commits/flips, but we've got a lot of talented guys left on the board. We have more good prospects than spots, we've got 2 guys with a legitimate chance to flip from a top-25 type program, and another in a Bama "commit" we can possibly "flip". We could be in for the most fun/interesting Signing Day in a while.