PDA

View Full Version : Big changes to NASCAR chase format

Bo Darville
01-30-2014, 03:53 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2014/01/30/sprint-cup-chase-championship-points-changes-nascar-brian-france/5056015/

Gonna be elimination style. Should be fun. Of course not as fun as running blocker for 400 cases of illegal Coors beer. But, hey, not everybody can be me.

starkvegasdawg
01-30-2014, 04:22 PM
I thought you were going to say they were going to turn right instead of left.***

Will James
01-30-2014, 06:32 PM
I like it. Still gonna be the best drivers and the final four is better than the Kenseth Johnson show we got last year. Only issue is if you're bad at Homestead tough shit.

State82
01-30-2014, 07:55 PM
Well, it is something different. And no doubt the governing body needed to do something different. It has gone from being the most popular sport, attendance-wise, in the nation to a virtual has been. Even my interest has waned significantly over the past few years and I was as big a NASCAR fan as I was any other, except for MSU sports. I think this will help, but just how much remains to be seen. I don't believe it will ever be as big as it once was, even just 6-8 years ago.

DownwardDawg
01-30-2014, 08:05 PM
I like this. I went from attending 2-3 races every year to not even keeping up with it anymore. It got boring.

rdnkkicker
02-04-2014, 06:13 AM
Well, it is something different. And no doubt the governing body needed to do something different. It has gone from being the most popular sport, attendance-wise, in the nation to a virtual has been. Even my interest has waned significantly over the past few years and I was as big a NASCAR fan as I was any other, except for MSU sports. I think this will help, but just how much remains to be seen. I don't believe it will ever be as big as it once was, even just 6-8 years ago.

Agreed, I too was once a huge NASCAR fan. The push towards parity and playing nice over the last decade has killed it for me.

Esmerelda Villalobos
02-09-2014, 11:06 PM
I like this. I went from attending 2-3 races every year to not even keeping up with it anymore. It got boring.

Yep. Ive stopped caring like i did 10 years ago. Seems the car of tomorrow and all the bullshit 1.5 mile tracks ruined it for me. This will peek my interest