PDA

View Full Version : Ruh' Roh' Rebels...

Political Hack
01-30-2014, 09:56 AM
Go check out John Lewis Pitt's twitter. Someone more tech savvy than me can post a screen shot of his tweet.

Vandownbytheriver
01-30-2014, 09:59 AM
I did, I see nothing.

CJDAWG85
01-30-2014, 10:01 AM
I just saw a tweet with it. It says to keep an eye on this. They were at a player's house where a bunch of well known players live.

dawgclub99
01-30-2014, 10:02 AM
Looks like Bobby Hill did his thing at a players house during the big recruiting weekend. Could be some smoke to this after-all .

Op4isabitch
01-30-2014, 10:04 AM
Hack, What's his twitter name?

Crystal Balls
01-30-2014, 10:07 AM
This it?? Didn't see anything.

https://twitter.com/JohnLPitts

cubswillwinitonedaydawg
01-30-2014, 10:10 AM
Facebook? Not seeing anything on Twitter.
Found this on SEC Rant:

John Pitts (Sports Editor at Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal) via the Book of Faces: "I'll share this with my FB friends first - keep an eye on that Ole Miss sexual battery case that happened over the weekend. Not good."

Then: "Supposedly happened at a home occupied by one or more other players whose names you would know. Plot gets thicker because it was a big recruiting weekend."

ETA: Did check facebook: first one is his status, second is a comment underneath. Not tech savvy enough to get a screen shot here though. There are already a few commenters that sound like they just went and put some popcorn in the microwave.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-30-2014, 10:11 AM
Looks like Bobby Hill did his thing at a players house during the big recruiting weekend. Could be some smoke to this after-all .
What do they expect when they encourage this behavior to sign recruits? I guess all those years of never losing a party is starting to catch up with them and I'm surprised it took this long for something to happen.

pdawg10msu
01-30-2014, 10:13 AM
I can't get the picture of the Facebook post on here. But it says it could get ugly for them. He says it happened at a player we would know, house. And that it was during the big recruiting weekend.

Coach34
01-30-2014, 10:14 AM
It's on his Facebook I know- not sure on twitter

Word is ol Freezus and crew are hunkered down in the offices right now in full defense mode

Coach34
01-30-2014, 10:16 AM
I can't get the picture of the Facebook post on here. But it says it could get ugly for them. He says it happened at a player we would know, house. And that it was during the big recruiting weekend.

#OleMissCrootin

EAVdog
01-30-2014, 10:16 AM
Bobby Hill is from Georgia. I wonder if he liked to party with other players from Georgia? Would be quite the scoop if the former #1 Recruit in the country was somehow involved.

(all speculation of course)

Op4isabitch
01-30-2014, 10:22 AM
Was it at Bo Wallace's place? I read that they had a recruiting party going at his house.

Maybe Kimdeechee got it on with that skinny white dude that was in the mirror pic with him.

slickdawg
01-30-2014, 10:24 AM

msstate7
01-30-2014, 10:26 AM
Was it at Bo Wallace's place? I read that they had a recruiting party going at his house.

Maybe Kimdeechee got it on with that skinny white dude that was in the mirror pic with him.

I laughed

cubswillwinitonedaydawg
01-30-2014, 10:29 AM
Think the bear spin is already in full force. They'll let Hill be the scapegoat now that it's in the open. I'm honestly surprised this much info got out. Kellenberger's blog from earlier today:

OXFORD — There’s not expected to be further arrests in the case involving an Ole Miss football player.
Cornerback Bobby Hill was arrested Tuesday on charges of sexual battery, a felony. He was detained after an investigation into an alleged weekend incident.
“No other suspects, no other people of interest,” Oxford police chief Joey East said.
The alleged attack happened at a home shared by two other football players, the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reported. East declined to get into the address where the incident occurred, citing privacy concerns for the accuser.
The Clarion-Ledger has filed a public records request for records relating to Hill’s arrest. Hill, who just completed his freshman season, was suspended indefinitely by coach Hugh Freeze.

deltadawg99
01-30-2014, 10:33 AM
We need Veazey to get on this. He'll stir the pot and find out the details.

Political Hack
01-30-2014, 10:34 AM
that's what I saw Slick. Sorry, wasn't twitter.

told y'all I was tech challenged.

mic
01-30-2014, 10:35 AM
They better have some "hush" money ready..

Coach34
01-30-2014, 10:35 AM
Think the bear spin is already in full force. They'll let Hill be the scapegoat now that it's in the open. I'm honestly surprised this much info got out. Kellenberger's blog from earlier today:

The Clarion-Ledger has filed a public records request for records relating to Hill’s arrest.

Shirley this will be complied with right?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-30-2014, 10:36 AM
I guess Hill's ROI wasn't up to snuff...

Political Hack
01-30-2014, 10:37 AM
if it's OPD, it won't go any further. I'd love to see a FOIA request for all arrests of football players where charges have been dropped in the last ten years.

oh, and if any other players do get brought into this, I'd bet my house that the charges get dropped.

mic
01-30-2014, 10:56 AM
if it's OPD, it won't go any further. I'd love to see a FOIA request for all arrests of football players where charges have been dropped in the last ten years.

oh, and if any other players do get brought into this, I'd bet my house that the charges get dropped.

There is no question they will. Even if he did it or not.. The HUGE deal to me thou is how quick it was reported.. I think JW at FSU had his case reported weeks or months after the fact.. This was reported in less than 4 days..

Jack Lambert
01-30-2014, 10:57 AM
I feel sorry for that girl if is was a girl. Not only did she get attacked at a recruiting party she is about to get an attack from the Ole Miss nation. She is about be hit so hard by these clowns. It will go away.

Jacksondevildog
01-30-2014, 11:00 AM
Pitts needs to push the issue. If this was Matt Stevens, he would already have collected a sperm sample and gotten fingerprints from the house.

smootness
01-30-2014, 11:01 AM
I think JW at FSU had his case reported weeks or months after the fact.. This was reported in less than 4 days..

Not sure if you're talking about it being reported 'in the papers', but the girl in Winston's case reported it the night it happened to police.

Goat Holder
01-30-2014, 11:04 AM
I feel sorry for that girl if is was a girl. Not only did she get attacked at a recruiting party she is about to get an attack from the Ole Miss nation. She is about be hit so hard by these clowns. It will go away.

I don't know that I agree with this. If it really happened, then shit hits the fan. No school's fans are above rape, dude. I just don't believe that sort of thing can happen. And most of the time the cops don't care anyway.

I think Jameis Winston got off because the girl wasn't trusted and was crying rape. If he really raped her and it was obvious, he'd go to jail man. Folks don't mess with that sort of stuff, have some faith.

mic
01-30-2014, 11:05 AM
Not sure if you're talking about it being reported 'in the papers', but the girl in Winston's case reported it the night it happened to police.

Yeah I knew it got covered up by media , ect.. longer but I didn't know she reported that soon...

smootness
01-30-2014, 11:09 AM
I think Jameis Winston got off because the girl wasn't trusted and was crying rape. If he really raped her and it was obvious, he'd go to jail man. Folks don't mess with that sort of stuff, have some faith.

Uh, no. Winston got off largely because the Tallahassee police sat on it and tried to persuade her not to go public. Once the accuser has a chance to prepare witnesses for something like that, it's game over for the prosecution.

Barking 13
01-30-2014, 11:14 AM
I read somewhere on here that there was a fight at Wallace's house, could the two incidents be related? I'd bet they are...

Goat Holder
01-30-2014, 11:18 AM
Reality says you are not correct. Your cockamamie story is exactly what I think does not happen. Black helicopter shit.

If they tried to cover that up there would be FBI all over the f*cking place down there. Winston never even got CHARGED. Bobby Hill is already in the jail cell. There's something to that story.

deltadawg99
01-30-2014, 11:19 AM
This is something that won't just get swept under the rug. You deal with sexual assault/rape cases, the families of the victims don't just go away with a little encouragement from the university or local authorities.

This is a bad situation and I feel for the girl and her family.

Jack Lambert
01-30-2014, 11:19 AM
I don't know that I agree with this. If it really happened, then shit hits the fan. No school's fans are above rape, dude. I just don't believe that sort of thing can happen. And most of the time the cops don't care anyway.

What I was saying the girl is going to be forced not to cooperate. She is going to be bashed so hard by these way out there fans. I just kind of wonder if she is a student and how is she going to be treated by other students.

Goat Holder
01-30-2014, 11:22 AM
I don't know, if you got RAPED, as in, FOR REAL......and it's not some drunken night where you put yourself in a bad situation......then I would think people would understand that.

blacklistedbully
01-30-2014, 11:23 AM
No mention at all yet on Rivals. They have quite a few Ole Miss fans over there.

msstate7
01-30-2014, 11:23 AM
What I was saying the girl is going to be forced not to cooperate. She is going to be bashed so hard by these way out there fans. I just kind of wonder if she is a student and how is she going to be treated by other students.

Fsu student left school I believe.

If young lady only implicates bobby hill, I'm sure she wouldn't catch any flack on campus. If she implicates some stars, then she will most likely leave school bc of idiot kids mad about losing good players. BTW I sadly feel this would be the same at most all sec schools.

woozman
01-30-2014, 11:24 AM

Yep, it has already started - from Sprivals:

"Given the grade, the fact that a 19 year old football player is involved and that it was not my daughter, I frankly have no idea if a crime was committed.

Women are emotional animals and blame men for all kinds of things and men are animals who do all kinds of things."

Coach34
01-30-2014, 11:24 AM
Since we're talking about Wallace and Kimchee possibly being around- probably shouldnt just assume its a female victim

Jack Lambert
01-30-2014, 11:26 AM
Fsu student left school I believe.

If young lady only implicates bobby hill, I'm sure she wouldn't catch any flack on campus. If she implicates some stars, then she will most likely leave school bc of idiot kids mad about losing good players. BTW I sadly feel this would be the same at most all sec schools.

And if this had happened at State there would be some state fans to go appey over it as well. It is a sad state of affairs. We do have to remember there is another side to the story that we have not heard.

jimbo352
01-30-2014, 11:41 AM
D Mr. Pitts take everything off twitter and facebook... Looks like he was either getting some bad info or fishing for bites...

blacklistedbully
01-30-2014, 11:47 AM
D Mr. Pitts take everything off twitter and facebook... Looks like he was either getting some bad info or fishing for bites...

Hmm, there was a "jimbo352" on Rivals a couple years ago. Rebel fan, though an unusually decent and grounded one. You the same guy?

Coach34
01-30-2014, 11:51 AM

Or he was warned he could be shut out from covering OM

Pollodawg
01-30-2014, 11:56 AM
I wonder how long before this whole thing "blows over."

engie
01-30-2014, 11:59 AM
The chances of it "blowing over" were greatly diminished when charges were actually filed...

jimbo352
01-30-2014, 12:01 PM
Or he was warned he could be shut out from covering OM

I didn't know he covered Ole Miss... Would be pretty shady if this is true...

engie
01-30-2014, 12:03 PM
He's the sports editor for the NEMS Daily Journal and a clear Ole Miss fan...if you have followed him on twitter for any length of time...

jimbo352
01-30-2014, 12:03 PM
Hmm, there was a "jimbo352" on Rivals a couple years ago. Rebel fan, though an unusually decent and grounded one. You the same guy?

Never been a member of Rivals, certainly never been an OM fan. I find it odd someone would have the same nickname as me. My son's birthday combined with my nickname is petty unique.

smootness
01-30-2014, 12:12 PM
Reality says you are not correct. Your cockamamie story is exactly what I think does not happen. Black helicopter shit.

If they tried to cover that up there would be FBI all over the f*cking place down there. Winston never even got CHARGED. Bobby Hill is already in the jail cell. There's something to that story.

The fact is that the accuser went to police that night in the Winston case. The accuser claims the police told her to think it over and figure out if she wanted to go through with it and let her know what would happen if she did. I see no reason for her to make that up since, again, she definitely did go to the police the night it happened.

She also later decided she did not want to go through and press charges; but by that time, people had gotten wind of it so they had to investigate it.

Tell me, though, when is it 'obvious' that a person has been raped? Generally, there is evidence that something happened between the two individuals (and in this case there was) but unless there are clear signs of some type of battery, it's always a difficult case to prove. It generally relies on witnesses...well, again, regardless of what you think about the way the police handled it, it is a fact that Winston and his attorneys were alerted in February so they had plenty of time to prepare witnesses, and once witnesses claimed it was consensual, the case was a lost cause.

So even if you think everyone's intentions were great, the bottom line is that you absolutely can not say that the reason Winston got off was because the accuser was not trustworthy or was 'crying rape'.

Johnson85
01-30-2014, 12:18 PM
And if this had happened at State there would be some state fans to go appey over it as well. It is a sad state of affairs. We do have to remember there is another side to the story that we have not heard.

Depends. If it was the typical situation where it's hard to tell whether it was a drunken hook up or rape, she would have a hard time at any SEC school.

If it's a situation where she was more or less sober, went to the police within 24 hours, and had either supporting witnesses or physical trauma consistent with forced rape, she'll probably be treated fine.

Coach34
01-30-2014, 12:25 PM
Tell me, though, when is it 'obvious' that a person has been raped? Generally, there is evidence that something happened between the two individuals (and in this case there was) but unless there are clear signs of some type of battery, it's always a difficult case to prove. It generally relies on witnesses...well, again, regardless of what you think about the way the police handled it, it is a fact that Winston and his attorneys were alerted in February so they had plenty of time to prepare witnesses, and once witnesses claimed it was consensual, the case was a lost cause.

So even if you think everyone's intentions were great, the bottom line is that you absolutely can not say that the reason Winston got off was because the accuser was not trustworthy or was 'crying rape'.

She had as many holes in her story as a golf course

As to the witnesses, did you ever think that instead of being coached by Winston's attorney that they just simply told the truth? You insinuate that many rape cases rely on witnesses- but most times- there are none. People arent being raped in Times Square, sex whether forced or consensual is usually in a secluded place where nobody can see.

smootness
01-30-2014, 12:37 PM
She had as many holes in her story as a golf course

As to the witnesses, did you ever think that instead of being coached by Winston's attorney that they just simply told the truth? You insinuate that many rape cases rely on witnesses- but most times- there are none. People arent being raped in Times Square, sex whether forced or consensual is usually in a secluded place where nobody can see.

And that is the reason that a small percentage of the accusations lead to convictions. I'm not telling you that the witnesses definitely lied or that the fact that Winston knew in February proves he's guilty. I'm just saying that the claim that it likely didn't go forward because it didn't happen isn't necessarily true. He definitely had time to prepare witnesses, and any attorney will tell you that is invaluable for someone's defense. Had Winston been arrested that night, or had he at least not been told prior to the investigation beginning, the case would have been much more fair, in regard to giving each side the same amount of chance to prove their innocence/guilt.

It seems that she was intoxicated that night, though there are conflicting reports, which definitely makes her case more difficult, though it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

My only point is that claiming that Winston didn't rape her because they didn't end up charging him is asinine. It very well could have happened; the facts, as we know them (that she reported it immediately, that an investigation didn't begin immediately, and that Winston and his attorney found out in February while the accuser was continually told they didn't know and the investigation didn't start until much later) don't paint a great picture of Tallahassee police.

ETA: Goat can say all he wants that it must have been handled fairly because, after all, they're police, is kind of strange since there are all kinds of stories of police mishandling things and covering things up...doesn't mean it happened here but the storyline as we know it definitely doesn't make me immediately think that it's crazy to question them.

msstate7
01-30-2014, 12:37 PM
Depends. If it was the typical situation where it's hard to tell whether it was a drunken hook up or rape, she would have a hard time at any SEC school.

If it's a situation where she was more or less sober, went to the police within 24 hours, and had either supporting witnesses or physical trauma consistent with forced rape, she'll probably be treated fine.

Even if we were on the verge of a bcs title like fsu and the player was our star? I'd like to think you're right, but I have my doubts

maroonmania
01-30-2014, 12:44 PM
We need Veazey to get on this. He'll stir the pot and find out the details.

Don't worry, Talty is already all over it I'm sure.

RougeDawg
01-30-2014, 12:49 PM
Personally, I don't see our current roster of players being at a high risk for events like this to happen to them. We have a different culture amongst our team these days. Almost like a boot camp type mentality and discipline.

However, I am extremely surprised that a player under Lord Hugh's watch would commit such acts. After all, he has the holiest of holy football programs where he creates a family like atmosphere for all young recruits to join and change themselves.

I wonder how long that dipshit can continue to sell this BS to recruits? Are people really that ****ing stupid A) to believe him as a recruit of family or B) as a media member or NCAA that this is actually the way they recruit? The entire pitch and operation smells like shit.

Coach34
01-30-2014, 12:55 PM
And that is the reason that a small percentage of the accusations lead to convictions. I'm not telling you that the witnesses definitely lied or that the fact that Winston knew in February proves he's guilty. I'm just saying that the claim that it likely didn't go forward because it didn't happen isn't necessarily true. He definitely had time to prepare witnesses, and any attorney will tell you that is invaluable for someone's defense. Had Winston been arrested that night, or had he at least not been told prior to the investigation beginning, the case would have been much more fair, in regard to giving each side the same amount of chance to prove their innocence/guilt.

It seems that she was intoxicated that night, though there are conflicting reports, which definitely makes her case more difficult, though it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

My only point is that claiming that Winston didn't rape her because they didn't end up charging him is asinine. It very well could have happened; the facts, as we know them (that she reported it immediately, that an investigation didn't begin immediately, and that Winston and his attorney found out in February while the accuser was continually told they didn't know and the investigation didn't start until much later) don't paint a great picture of Tallahassee police.

ETA: Goat can say all he wants that it must have been handled fairly because, after all, they're police, is kind of strange since there are all kinds of stories of police mishandling things and covering things up...doesn't mean it happened here but the storyline as we know it definitely doesn't make me immediately think that it's crazy to question them.

There are just so many factors that come into play unless a woman is really beat up- that you just really dont know. So any rush to guilty or innocent is futile...but I do agree with Goat in that an arrest vs no arrest is a big difference. An arrest implies some provable evidence- while no arrest means there are alot of questions still

Tbonewannabe
01-30-2014, 01:08 PM
Pitts needs to push the issue. If this was Matt Stevens, he would already have collected a sperm sample and gotten fingerprints from the house.

Matt Stevens would probably gotten a sample directly from the source. I could imagine him having his knee pads ready at all times to get the goods on MSU.

Tbonewannabe
01-30-2014, 01:17 PM
I read an article by an attorney that has represented both sides. That case was doomed just by the way the investigator handled the case before the case came to light. Winston wasn't even interviewed. It is possible she was just using what happened for a payday but it is just as likely that Winston raped her.

chef dixon
01-30-2014, 01:27 PM
Guys, its all good, they rape out of love for one another.

Johnson85
01-30-2014, 01:45 PM
Even if we were on the verge of a bcs title like fsu and the player was our star? I'd like to think you're right, but I have my doubts

I don't have any doubts. We'll never find out because there are very few rapes where it is clear what happened. Basically only the rapists that is really just out of control and not planning anything at all is going to be in that situation. Most of these situations are likely to involve two people that are acquaintances and often there was undisputed consensual activities before the alleged rape, and in the college setting, usually there will be alcohol involved. When there's not alcohol involved, the accuser will usually have significant credibility problems because of past actions, either because she is not credible and is lying or because a rapist that is soberly planning on raping somebody and relying on a he said/she said defense is going to shy away from victims that would be highly credible.

But if there was the rare case where the accuser was sober at the time, quickly reported the incident, and had some sort of corraborating evidence, either a witness or physical trauma, I don't think you'd have people trying to defend the player or attack the accuser. But again, when was the last time you heard of a rape case like that? They happen, but not very often.

sbcmortgageman
01-30-2014, 08:37 PM
He's the sports editor for the NEMS Daily Journal and a clear Ole Miss fan...if you have followed him on twitter for any length of time...

I may be wrong but I think he's a MTSU alum.

Political Hack
01-30-2014, 08:50 PM
how they can preach religion during the day and have things like this happen after the sin goes down is what kills me.

Everyone knows it's a scam but no one calls them on it. Arguing with students at a game, constant fights, alcohol and drug abuse, allegations of rape, etc... and people just smile and say "they got a great recruiting class." In my opinion the last thing they have is great class.