PDA

View Full Version : Tee Sheppard is visiting this weekend

deltadawg99
01-29-2014, 04:33 PM
Rabbit?

Would be a huge pickup. There is an article on scout where he says that he is finishing up at Holmes so he can play D1 in the fall.

Esmerelda Villalobos
01-29-2014, 04:52 PM
Sniffles

blacklistedbully
01-29-2014, 04:53 PM
Rabbit?

Would be a huge pickup. There is an article on scout where he says that he is finishing up at Holmes so he can play D1 in the fall.

His twitter from a couple weeks ago said he's playing JUCO in Cali this year. Not saying where yet, but I'm guessing Laney College in Oakland. He's from San Pablo, which is really close to Oakland, where Laney is located, and Laney has a decent CC football program. There are plenty of other options, including City College of San Francisco, though they have recently lost their accreditation.

HancockCountyDog
01-29-2014, 04:57 PM
His twitter from a couple weeks ago said he's playing JUCO in Cali this year. Not saying where yet, but I'm guessing Laney College in Oakland. He's from San Pablo, which is really close to Oakland, where Laney is located, and Laney has a decent CC football program. There are plenty of other options, including City College of San Francisco, though they have recently lost their accreditation.

I'm not sure how this is all going to work, and Ill just blindly trust the coaches here. Every single person that I talk to about him says he can't be eligible until January 2015.

Would be a nice pickup.

hacker
01-29-2014, 04:59 PM

His instagram yesterday said he's playing in the SEC this year.

sandwolf
01-29-2014, 05:01 PM
Based on the Scout article, he decided not to transfer to a California JUCO because he found out that some of his credits wouldn't transfer, and that would keep him off the field until 2015....so now he says that he is staying at his current JUCO in MS so that he can play next fall.

blacklistedbully
01-29-2014, 05:02 PM
His instagram yesterday said he's playing in the SEC this year.

I'll defer to you, then. I really don't know. Just googled his name and found his twitter.

HancockCountyDog
01-29-2014, 05:15 PM
Based on the Scout article, he decided not to transfer to a California JUCO because he found out that some of his credits wouldn't transfer, and that would keep him off the field until 2015....so now he says that he is staying at his current JUCO in MS so that he can play next fall.

He went to the juco though - he has been posting stuff being with his fellow teammates for a while. It appears he hasn't even moved back to Holmes yet -

Classes started on the 13th for Holmes?

It just seems bizarre - either we get him this year or have him locked down for next year, which is just as good.

Op4isabitch
01-29-2014, 05:17 PM
He went to the juco though - he has been posting stuff being with his fellow teammates for a while. It appears he hasn't even moved back to Holmes yet -

It just seems bizarre - either we get him this year or have him locked down for next year, which is just as good.

Yesterday you said there was NO way he would be at State in 2014, has that changed?

HancockCountyDog
01-29-2014, 05:20 PM
Yesterday you said there was NO way he would be at State in 2014, has that changed?

No - I think we are trying to lock him down for January 2015 - which is a great idea. But if he is going to come back to Holmes - he missed spring registration by about 3 weeks.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-29-2014, 05:28 PM
No - I think we are trying to lock him down for January 2015 - which is a great idea. But if he is going to come back to Holmes - he missed spring registration by about 3 weeks.
Is there any way that he could be eligible by this summer or does he have to return to JUCO?

bulldawg28
01-29-2014, 05:33 PM
If he qualified out of high school he doesn't have to graduate from juco.

HancockCountyDog
01-29-2014, 05:34 PM
Is there any way that he could be eligible by this summer or does he have to return to JUCO?

Im assuming there is a chance since we are going to sign him - but everyone I have spoken to says that he has a long, long way to go, but hey maybe we can get him on a plan;

Five-tool Poster
01-29-2014, 05:47 PM

He was a 5 star out of high school. I don't think he went to Holmes for the business program.

deltadawg99
01-29-2014, 05:55 PM

It was kind of a weird situation. I believe he enrolled at Notre Dame early, but was later declared academically ineligible because of his transcripts.

sandwolf
01-29-2014, 06:00 PM

Yea, it is definitely bizarre. But he says that he is now back at Holmes and is on track to graduate this summer so that he can play in the fall.

If he weren't able to get eligible for next season, wouldn't he only have 1 year of eligibility left?

ETA: Just saw where he has 3 years to play 3, so I guess he redshirted during one of the past 2 years. So that is good news.

sandwolf
01-29-2014, 06:01 PM
It was kind of a weird situation. I believe he enrolled at Notre Dame early, but was later declared academically ineligible because of his transcripts.

What about his transcripts?

Vancleave
01-29-2014, 07:17 PM
If TS is eligible to play this fall I will be stunned. It will be the biggest academic turnaround I have ever seen or heard about. Tee is deaf and requires special help in school. He is a athlete no doubt and we should take a chance on him but also know academics will always be a struggle for him.

Vandownbytheriver
01-29-2014, 07:31 PM
So this year we have secret commits, rabbits, and ;). It's the most bullshitty tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime.........of the year.

Coach34
01-29-2014, 07:44 PM
One more week and it's over for awhile thank goodness

starkvegasdawg
01-29-2014, 07:44 PM
H2H was saying this afternoon that if he stayed at Holmes he could graduate this summer and be able to start in the fall at a d1 program...provided he passes everything. Based on that it appears he has found a way to play this fall.

sbcmortgageman
01-29-2014, 08:05 PM
Rabbit?

Rabbit, yes.

sbcmortgageman
01-29-2014, 08:06 PM
If TS is eligible to play this fall I will be stunned. It will be the biggest academic turnaround I have ever seen or heard about. Tee is deaf and requires special help in school. He is a athlete no doubt and we should take a chance on him but also know academics will always be a struggle for him.

How quickly you forgot about Dontae Jones.

CadaverDawg
01-29-2014, 09:22 PM

^This is probably something that will make him feel welcome^

Not trying to be the recruiting police, but unless he is making his hearing capabilities and learning capabilities public, maybe we shouldn't throw shit like this out there.

Back in the day, "deaf and dumb" was about the worst insult you could heave.

MarketingBully01
01-29-2014, 09:24 PM
I agree Cadaver. Get this crap off the board.

CooterDavenport
01-29-2014, 09:35 PM
Back in the day, "deaf and dumb" was about the worst insult you could heave.

1) In that context "dumb" means mute, not stupid.
2) I assume the statement about special help relates to him needing help to understand what's being said in class.
3) Within the last day he retweeted something noting that he's legally deaf. It's public knowledge.

Coach34
01-29-2014, 09:37 PM
H2H was saying this afternoon that if he stayed at Holmes he could graduate this summer and be able to start in the fall at a d1 program...provided he passes everything. Based on that it appears he has found a way to play this fall.

There's No Place Like Holmes (school slogan when I was there....and they are correct)

CooterDavenport
01-29-2014, 09:43 PM
Here's him talking about it. Seems like a pretty smart guy to me.
http://youtu.be/oFbElsm1_ik

CadaverDawg
01-29-2014, 10:02 PM
Here's him talking about it. Seems like a pretty smart guy to me.
http://youtu.be/oFbElsm1_ik

I stand corrected and willing to admit it. Nice find. I hope we land this guy.

I seen it dawg
01-29-2014, 10:06 PM
Staggered up those bleachers a time or 2

smootness
01-29-2014, 10:17 PM
Wow, he doesn't seem like a guy who needs to be taught much. Obviously he'll need to learn scheme and what we like to do, but in terms of the basics of playing CB, he's got it down. And you can't teach those feet/hips. That's elite level there.

deltadawg99
01-30-2014, 12:20 AM
This kid is a player and by all accounts a great kid. He would be a great pickup.

I also really like that he has 3 years to play 3.

state66
01-30-2014, 12:28 AM
This kid is a player and by all accounts a great kid. He would be a great pickup.

I also really like that he has 3 years to play 3.

3 to play 2

sandwolf
01-30-2014, 12:41 AM
3 to play 2

Based on everything I have read, he will have 3 to play 3.

state66
01-30-2014, 03:10 PM
Based on everything I have read, he will have 3 to play 3.

I stand corrected he does have 3 to play 3. That just got me even more excited because he's going to be a late enrollee due to not graduating from juco till the summer. So you cant expect him to be a big contributer in year 1 but year 2 and 3, now that gets me wooly.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-30-2014, 03:35 PM
If we get him, how big of a signing would this be? Aren't we basically getting a player that could've gone anywhere he wanted out of HS?

Really Clark?
01-30-2014, 03:39 PM
If we get him, how big of a signing would this be? Aren't we basically getting a player that could've gone anywhere he wanted out of HS?

Pretty big. He did sign with Notre Dame out of HS.

gtowndawg
01-30-2014, 04:00 PM
hope we land him.

smootness
01-30-2014, 04:01 PM

Absolutely, he was no lower than the #3 CB coming out by anyone, and some had him among the top 20 players in the country overall.

He is a serious talent.

hacker
01-30-2014, 09:31 PM
I love this kid, but I have an honest question: how does the hearing disability affect his and our game? There's a lot of verbal communication on the football field. Anyone have insight?

smootness
01-30-2014, 09:34 PM
I love this kid, but I have an honest question: how does the hearing disability affect his and our game? There's a lot of verbal communication on the football field. Anyone have insight?

I don't know the answer to the question, but I would guess he's developed some kind of system for signals and I'm sure we would implement something similar. Most of the defensive play calling is done through signals from the sideline anyway.

Dawg61
01-31-2014, 01:26 AM

If Derrick Coleman of the Seattle Seahwaks can do it anyone can. How awesome is it that we could get Tee Shepard a week after missing on Marlon. This guy is a huge favorite of mine even if he never signs or plays for State. What an inspiration he is. I really really hope we get this guy. http://youtube.com/watch?v=dQvB7FMkIWg