PDA

View Full Version : Jets release Tebow

Quaoarsking
04-29-2013, 07:21 AM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9222870/new-york-jets-cut-tim-tebow-source

Assuming he's never going to get a serious chance at the NFL again, Mullen should hire him as a GA and promote him to QB coach within a year or two. He seems to have a good coaching personality, and I'm sure his "Come play for me - I'm the greatest college QB ever" pitch would be great on the recruiting trail.

msstate7
04-29-2013, 07:39 AM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9222870/new-york-jets-cut-tim-tebow-source

Assuming he's never going to get a serious chance at the NFL again, Mullen should hire him as a GA and promote him to QB coach within a year or two. He seems to have a good coaching personality, and I'm sure his "Come play for me - I'm the greatest college QB ever" pitch would be great on the recruiting trail.

I think he'll get another shot. If he doesn't though, I'm sure urban Meyer would snatch him up before we got a shot.

msstate7
04-29-2013, 07:50 AM
I do like the idea though. We would prob lock up a great qb every year. Cord would be in school then since he's a huge tebow fan.

Coach34
04-29-2013, 08:20 AM
That was just an all-around weird, dumbass move since the day it happened.

Why trade for the guy and never use him? They obviously werent on the same page in that organization. Or the GM did it, and then some players revolted/pitched a fit, and now he has been fired. Whatever happened, it was just a stupidass waste. You either commit to Tebow or dont pick him up.

msstate7
04-29-2013, 08:28 AM
That was just an all-around weird, dumbass move since the day it happened.

Why trade for the guy and never use him? They obviously werent on the same page in that organization. Or the GM did it, and then some players revolted/pitched a fit, and now he has been fired. Whatever happened, it was just a stupidass waste. You either commit to Tebow or dont pick him up.
Tebow has to be kicking himself that he picked the jets over his hometown jags. Really hope he gets another shot with s team that wants him.

32 Dive
04-29-2013, 08:28 AM
I love the irony of Maiden's "Number of the Beast" avatar suggesting hiring Tebow.

Well Played, sir. Well Played...
:)

HereComesTheSpiral
04-29-2013, 10:18 AM
I'd give him a look at TE if I don't have to eat the remainder of his rookie contract, I don't know how that works with releases and waivers. If the Jets have to eat it, and I'm the Patriots, I take him just to say **** you Rex Ryan.

Ghost of Hank Flick
04-29-2013, 10:44 AM
If I'm the Jaguars I'd take him. What is there to lose - you already suck, have no worthwhile QB right now, and you'd make tons of money off merchandise and tickets from the people in north Florida. All he has done is win so there is your basis for making him the starting QB from day 1, and if it tanks you get the #1 draft pick to get Teddy Bridgewater or whoever is determined to be the next top QB coming out of college, Tebow can ride off into the sunset knowing he had his chance and you're a lot better off for giving it to him. The only reason I can see for not doing this is if you think he is so determined to win that he'll push that franchise to 8-8 and you neither get to the playoffs or a top pick. But if that's the case he may be a QB worth keeping.

Todd4State
04-29-2013, 12:34 PM
I wonder if the Eagles will be interested with Chip Kelly as their coach now?

I do agree that the Jaguars are the best fit for him overall though. I like the Patriots as well.

CadaverDawg
04-29-2013, 01:13 PM
If nothing else, you would think Seattle, Washington, Philly, or any other teams that are running a version of the spread now, would take him as a backup. That's the one big thing about having a good spread QB like RG3 or Russell Wilson, you better have a guy that can step in as a decent spread backup or your offense could go completely in the shitter with an injury.

Dawgdom
04-29-2013, 03:55 PM
I heard that Sanchez threw Tebow a "going away" party...however it was intercepted and returned for a touchdown.

I'll be here all week...tip your waitress.

fishwater99
04-29-2013, 04:03 PM
He needs to give up the QB dream and try TE is he wants a career in the NFL..

civilengineerdog
04-29-2013, 05:19 PM
just wondering

msstate7
04-29-2013, 05:27 PM
No. He did have a td pass dropped against Houston on Monday night football