PDA

View Full Version : Marlon Humphrey

GhostRider
01-29-2014, 12:23 PM
Just tweeted "So I finally decided where I want to go to school". I don't see him coming to State but it would be nice.

msstate7
01-29-2014, 12:28 PM
Did he go somewhere after us this week?

GhostRider
01-29-2014, 12:30 PM
I think we were his last visit.

deltadawg99
01-29-2014, 12:32 PM
According to scout he is scheduled to go to UCLA, but who knows if that visit will actually take place.

TexasDawg
He's going to Bama, just committed

thedawg
I really really hope we get him for obvious reasons... Its unlikely but it would be a major league move by our staff... With that being said.. It would bump Love to Nickel and then either Calhoun or Redmond to the bench... I know they would rotate but can you imagine being so loaded at corner that one of those two wouldnt be good enough to start?

TexasDawg
01-29-2014, 12:40 PM
Well we gave it a great run, but I think we all saw this coming. Marlon is going to Bama. Eventually we are gonna start landing these recruits

ShotgunDawg
01-29-2014, 12:41 PM
Well, looks like I was wrong about the rabbit.

Come on down, Tee Shepherd.

maroonmania
01-29-2014, 12:43 PM
Well we gave it a great run, but I think we all saw this coming. Marlon is going to Bama. Eventually we are gonna start landing these recruits

We may start eventually getting more top end recruits but it won't likely be ones from Alabama that Alabama and Auburn are hot after.

msstate7
01-29-2014, 12:46 PM
He's going to Bama, just committed

I hate we lost him, but I'm glad he announced. I want us to use all coaches on carter, Thomas, oj smith, Shepard, and griffin. Time to move on and quit wasting time on marlon

Bothrops
01-29-2014, 12:46 PM

It will take years of winning big to sign guys as coveted as Marlon. Unless they're from MS.

bully99
01-29-2014, 12:47 PM
I think it's laughable that people thought he was going anywhere but Alabama.

NCDawg
01-29-2014, 12:48 PM
We might as well forget trying to sign these big name recruits. We did sign Chris Jones last year because we got in on him early and he turned out great, but that was an exception. As far as Mullen pulling a rabbit out of his hat, has he done that since he's been here? I don't think so.

thunderclap
01-29-2014, 12:55 PM
I agree. We should just give up. (the sarcasteriks are invisible)

thedawg
01-29-2014, 12:55 PM
Fred Ross was a pretty big rabbit

Bothrops
01-29-2014, 12:57 PM
We got Chris Jones because we found him and he was from MS.

Rick Danko
01-29-2014, 12:57 PM
We might as well forget trying to sign these big name recruits. We did sign Chris Jones last year because we got in on him early and he turned out great, but that was an exception. As far as Mullen pulling a rabbit out of his hat, has he done that since he's been here? I don't think so.

Don't let the sting of this loss completely sour your tastebuds. Lets not forget both Brown's, Redmond, Shumpert, Cox, Fred Ross, Autry, and Quay to name a few. Now, before you go bashing who I listed saying they are not big name recruits or some were busts, at the time everyone I listed was coveted by more than one SEC or BIG 12 school (Ross) when they eventually signed with us. Sure, some didn't work out, but some did, so let's not have a general statement of "we will never sign big name recruits." This is a frustrating loss but maybe next time the cards will flip our way. Just too much to fight against on this one.

starkvegasdawg
01-29-2014, 01:03 PM
I think before we can start pulling recruits like this we have to start beating the elite schools that these guys go to every now and then. Say what you want but when a coach goes on an in home visit and he needs a u-haul to bring all the national championship crystal balls he has won then it makes a difference. A Liberty bowl trophy does not have quite the luster. One big thing that I think will eventually work to our favor, though, is the number of players we are putting in the league. That can't be stated enough. That in conjunction with getting some big wins now and then will pay huge recruiting dividends.

Goat Holder
01-29-2014, 01:11 PM
All our recruitment of him did was get us TREMENDOUS exposure at Hoover and the Birmingham Metro as a whole. Very nice consolation prize.

Barking 13
01-29-2014, 01:14 PM
I'm shocked, I mean even after we named our colesium after him, sheesh..... ****

maroonmania
01-29-2014, 01:15 PM
We got Chris Jones because we found him and he was from MS.

We have as good a chance as anyone on a guy from MS that doesn't have some tie to another school. In fact its getting almost as tough to pull a top ranked guy away from State and OM in MS as it is to pull a top ranked guy out of LA or AL.

SDDawg
01-29-2014, 01:19 PM
People are totally missing the boat on this recruitment. We made major inroads into Hoover as a result of recruiting Marlon and have a great shot with some of these guys coming up. Marlon with his legacy is not the one we're going to get this time, but other kids coming will make a decision for us. I'm as happy as you can be to come in 2nd or 3rd place, I think our staff did a great job with Marlon.

thf24
01-29-2014, 01:26 PM
Even though we didn't get him, the fact that our coaches were spending so much time and effort on him this late in the game means we at least had a real shot, which hasn't been the case much in the past. We will start getting some of these guys down the road.

Pollodawg
01-29-2014, 01:29 PM
Hard to pull a 5* legacy from Bama's backyard. Can't be too mad over this one. The fact that we were in it is something to look forward too. And like has already been said, we made some serious push in Hoover just like we have been in Louisiana. There is enough overlooked talent in those states plus Mississippi that we can grab the smaller fish out of the shark's mouths and field a pretty solid team.

chef dixon
01-29-2014, 01:47 PM
#MoralVictory

Need to beat some of these bigger SEC squads next year

It_Could_Happen
01-29-2014, 02:01 PM
Would have been a big gain, but not a huge loss. Dad went to Bama, kid grew up a Bama fan. I think we all saw it coming. Now we have to get guys like Smith and Thomas and finish strong.

Dawg61
01-29-2014, 02:15 PM
Hope we get Tee now. Any of you bloody Wankas care for a spot of Tee please

Fader21
01-29-2014, 02:48 PM
So did he win the recruiting national championship from Ole Miss since we came in 2nd or 3rd Place for 5***** recruit???

defiantdog
01-29-2014, 03:27 PM
How long do you think Malachi Dupre takes to commit to Bama now? And Tee Shepard still has another year of juco

Saltydog
01-29-2014, 05:48 PM
Need a big pair of shearers to cut the wool this place had earlier in the week..........