PDA

View Full Version : Signing day is 1 week away

msstate7
01-29-2014, 11:39 AM
And we're after 3 d'linemen (carter, smith, and Thomas) that are currently committed elsewhere. What are the chances we get em to flip?

Harris and griffin are still uncommitted.

Of these 5 how many do we get?

dogshiek
01-29-2014, 12:06 PM
Magic 8 ball says two of of three ain't bad. Smith and Harris look promising to me.

deltadawg99
01-29-2014, 12:08 PM
This is going to be a very interesting signing day. We usually have one or two prospects making signing day decisions, but his year we have several with only a few spots left.

Should be a fun day

Goat Holder
01-29-2014, 12:12 PM
I think we only get Grant Harris out of that bunch. I have no sources, just my hunch from following crootin from years past. Probably end up with J.T. Gray from Clarksdale and I guess Tee Shepard from HCC (I've seen a bunch of you say we may get him). I think we may get Ravian Pierce too.

I'm very disappointed with the OL haul. I wanted one, maybe two more guys. All that's left is Sims and Stallings, and it doesn't look good for either. I don't want to just sign them to have numbers or anything, but I really wanted to see up keep up the depth building.

I like the rest of the class though.

rabbitthedawg
01-29-2014, 12:13 PM
When you are going after the type players we are this year, where the players have multiple offers from SEC and ACC schools, this is going to happen. Like the ole saying goes, "if you can't play, don't dress out."

thedawg
01-29-2014, 12:13 PM
I think Harris and Carter are privately already in the boat... Thomas is a weird situation and I could see it going either way... I was optimistic about Griffen until I saw his parents werent coming with him on his visit... That is a negative no matter how you spin it... We may luck into OJ Smith with Bama trying to grey shirt... Bama is also expecting a commitment from another big time Nose guard tomorrow... If that happens our chances improve even more.. If I had to guess Harris Carter and a coin flip on Smith and Thomas