PDA

View Full Version : This is OUR STATE. And here's proof

FlabLoser
01-29-2014, 11:14 AM
If you haven't read this, you should.

http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2014/01/29/msu-vs-om-3-major-sports-last-20-years/

MSU leads Ole Miss in Big 3 sports over 10 and 20 years. You have to go back 30 years to see Ole Miss with a lead.

messageboardsuperhero
01-29-2014, 11:35 AM
"While MSU claims state dominance they have not won a football, basketball, or baseball game/series in Oxford since 2011. (outscored 310-244)"- Kyle Cole.

Wow. While that is technically true, it's an incredibly misleading statistic. There's only been one football game and one baseball series played in Oxford (and we won one of the baseball games) in that time period.

Besides, when was the last time UM did any of those things in Starkville? The last time I remember was 2009.

dogshiek
01-29-2014, 11:38 AM
Looks like the flag needs to be transferred! Cohen is going to own Rebs in baseball, Mullen is loaded with Dak attack, and Ray is recruiting a winner in basketball. Great day to wear maroon!

Homedawg
01-29-2014, 11:40 AM
Good studf

chef dixon
01-29-2014, 11:43 AM
I guess technically both MSU and OM are owned by the State.

SDDawg
01-29-2014, 11:51 AM
Glad I wasn't born an Oxford ankle biter.

blacklistedbully
01-29-2014, 11:52 AM
If you haven't read this, you should.

http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2014/01/29/msu-vs-om-3-major-sports-last-20-years/

MSU leads Ole Miss in Big 3 sports over 10 and 20 years. You have to go back 30 years to see Ole Miss with a lead.

I have used this logic versus Ole Miss fans for years , and they always fall back to personal insults, and saying stuff like, "Nobody cares about basketball or baseball in the South" and, "We could lose to you in football 20 years straight and you still wouldn't catch up". They are so stuck in the 50's and 60's that they literally think All-Time Record advantage means they are better than us now and at any time in history. Their minds simply cannot grasp the fact that what has occurred the past few years, 10, years and 20 years trumps what has happened over 50 years when it comes to what is relevant today.

The farther back one must go in history to support a current evaluation, the weaker the argument. Logic tells us one must weight the data appropriately to reflect trends. But logic plays no part in the mind of your typical Black Bear fan. I've never, ever seen a fan base so delusional, so out-of-touch with reality as the Rebs. Those guys are just so brain-washed from the whole group continuously telling themselves how great they are, in spite of all evidence to the contrary. It must be just one gigantic circle-jerk of self-lauding that goes on up in Oxford.

It's like the typical Southern kid, who spent his childhood dreaming of being a Confederate soldier, glorifying the "Lost Cause", but the ones who go to Ole Miss never grow out of it. They're the adult versions of what most of us were as children. That's the mentality. That's why TSSRA, the Confederate flag, playing Dixie, and Colonel Reb as so important to them. Removing any of those introduces a crack in the fantasy they have held since childhood, that of being a Rebel soldier and/or a member of Southern Gentility in those days. At Ole Miss they can live that fantasy, but only if they can block out that part of the brain that handles self-realization. That fuels the delusion that we see in the majority of their fans.

dogshiek
01-29-2014, 11:54 AM
^What he said.^

CJDAWG85
01-29-2014, 12:29 PM
According to the same logic in that tweet... Ole Miss has not won a football, basketball, or baseball series in Starkville since 2011 ( outscored 277-220 )

The Croom Diaries
01-29-2014, 12:33 PM
According to the same logic in that tweet... Ole Miss has not won a football, basketball, or baseball series in Starkville since 2011 ( outscored 277-220 )

Actually 2010 (baseball). They won in basketball in 2009, and football in 2003. The tweet is a stretch at best.

The Croom Diaries
01-29-2014, 12:35 PM
What's interesting about this piece is that not a single Reb has contacted me to try to deflect it. Usually there are a handful of them trying to throw water on it, but you can't argue with the facts. All I did was look at the record book.

Goat Holder
01-29-2014, 01:13 PM
All I did was look at the record book.

Maybe you've found something that works for you, instead of your opinion pieces that don't seem to be too popular.

JDog13
01-29-2014, 01:17 PM
Yeah, they are stuck in the 50's and 60's. It's funny they went from saying 61-43 all the time, to saying but Freeze is 1-1. You throw 4 out of 5 or 6 of the last 10 out there and their reply is 1-1....that's all that matters is since Freezus arrived.

Great read.

The Croom Diaries
01-29-2014, 01:42 PM
Maybe you've found something that works for you, instead of your opinion pieces that don't seem to be too popular.

No, plenty of people read them, and agree. Or they disagree. I was co-manager of FWtCT from Feb. 2012-Oct. 2013 and helped take it from 10K page views per month to 220K. Since I started focusing on M&WN full time we've gone from 60K to 112k per month in just three months. You may not like me and think I suck, but people read it despite your strongest objections. Thanks for the jab, though. Wouldn't be a response from you without one.