PDA

View Full Version : Update on Stallings

MetEdDawg
01-28-2014, 09:31 PM
He's going to go to Kentucky. He hasn't officially announced it yet and won't until signing day but he won't be part of our class. Hate that because I think he would have been good for us. Wish him well at UK though except in the games he plays against us. From all accounts he's a solid stand up kid.

MarketingBully01
01-28-2014, 09:37 PM
Where'd you hear this? I ask because it's been rumored with what you are saying however Stallings has denied this and Kentucky might be too far from home in the end...

scottycameron
01-28-2014, 09:41 PM
He's going to go to Kentucky. He hasn't officially announced it yet and won't until signing day but he won't be part of our class. Hate that because I think he would have been good for us. Wish him well at UK though except in the games he plays against us. From all accounts he's a solid stand up kid.

Where are you getting this from? I respectfully disagree, from what I've read we lead. He's from Alabama and he is more comfortable here. Are you saying that we are cutting him loose or that he is choosing them over us? I can't see him going with kY over us, sorry.

msstate7
01-28-2014, 09:43 PM
Assuming your info is correct, should we just fill available spots with d'linemen? Seems we have much better prospects left there

bully99
01-28-2014, 09:54 PM
Why is Will Coleman visiting Arizona State this weekend.Thought he was committed to State.

MetEdDawg
01-28-2014, 09:56 PM
He didn't have a good visit. This is coming directly from the source too guys. I mean I guess he could change his mind but we don't currently lead and that's from his mouth today. I don't want to reveal how I know this because I don't want it getting back somehow that I've been getting the info and him figuring out where I got it from and him not trusting someone, but I do know for a fact we don't lead right now.

He is choosing them over us not us dropping him or us going a different direction. The things we are wanting to do to get more interest from big time recruits and players doesn't always jive with every single recruit. Let's just say that some players don't want the big scene and the big party.

If you are really interested in knowing how I know this you can PM me if you want just as long as you don't go around spreading how you know. Definitely want to keep this confidential to protect the people I know and protect the kid and his relationship with the people involved.

smootness
01-28-2014, 09:58 PM
Why is Will Coleman visiting Arizona State this weekend.Thought he was committed to State.

If we feel good about Thomas and Carter, we may be cutting him loose.

HancockCountyDog
01-28-2014, 10:00 PM

I can't imagine the coaches are thrilled about this if true.

smootness
01-28-2014, 10:03 PM
He didn't have a good visit. This is coming directly from the source too guys. I mean I guess he could change his mind but we don't currently lead and that's from his mouth today. I don't want to reveal how I know this because I don't want it getting back somehow that I've been getting the info and him figuring out where I got it from and him not trusting someone, but I do know for a fact we don't lead right now.

He is choosing them over us not us dropping him or us going a different direction. The things we are wanting to do to get more interest from big time recruits and players doesn't always jive with every single recruit. Let's just say that some players don't want the big scene and the big party.

If you are really interested in knowing how I know this you can PM me if you want just as long as you don't go around spreading how you know. Definitely want to keep this confidential to protect the people I know and protect the kid and his relationship with the people involved.

Of all the reasons I thought we might not get a kid...

I'd like a PM, if you don't mind.

bully99
01-28-2014, 10:05 PM
Sites reporting Coleman doing official to ASU this weekend.

Coach34
01-28-2014, 10:06 PM
I can't imagine the coaches are thrilled about this if true.

Rosebowl will get to the bottom of it

Rick Danko
01-28-2014, 10:08 PM

Is this a ****ing joke??? You forgot the ******

MarketingBully01
01-28-2014, 10:09 PM
I gotcha. I just don't understand the appeal of Kentucky in football. Unlike every other SEC school, you will always be second fiddle to their basketball team. With Stoops having the Stoops name, he still was 2-10 in his first year. Their main big time recruits are from the Ohio/Kentucky area which makes sense since they can recruit that you get to play in the SEC. Other then that there really is no appeal. Stoops made a mistake taking that job. It will bury him in a few years when those losses keep adding up. They still will be a cellar dweller. Hate it for Stallings cause my guess is if he goes to Kentucky he won't experience a bowl his entire career there.

MetEdDawg
01-28-2014, 10:15 PM
Is this a ****ing joke??? You forgot the ******

No joke. The players didn't read Bunchy very well and what he's looking for in a program/city. It is what it is though. Sometimes you just don't hit it with recruits and you don't read the guy properly and you lose the kid.

Big4Dawg
01-28-2014, 10:17 PM
"The things we are wanting to do to get more interest from big time recruits and players doesn't always jive with every single recruit. Let's just say that some players don't want the big scene and the big party."

We don't have a big party?

msstate7
01-28-2014, 10:20 PM
So if Coleman is out, does Harris become more priority?

MetEdDawg
01-28-2014, 10:22 PM
"The things we are wanting to do to get more interest from big time recruits and players doesn't always jive with every single recruit. Let's just say that some players don't want the big scene and the big party."

We don't have a big party?

The players seem to think we do. And some kids don't like that.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-28-2014, 10:23 PM
Coleman isn't out & this isn't a new development. He spoked to the coaches about this trip a couple weeks ago & they have their blessing. Amazing what you can do when you're upfront & not trying to sneak around. Coleman is fine with MSU.

Goat Holder
01-28-2014, 10:25 PM
Wait, you are saying MSU is starting to be considered a party school?

MetEdDawg
01-28-2014, 10:32 PM
That's what the players are selling. Like I said, that mentality is going to attract a lot of kids that we want and get more kids on campus. But it's not going to sell everyone. And I will say this again. We are talking about 18 year olds here. He could change his mind tonight and 5 more times between now and signing day. And I know some people are saying that we sit well with him and lead and a few other things. I'm just relaying what I've heard today. Would love for him to be on board but if he isn't in tune with that message then he's just a kid we lose out on. It happens. Sometimes the message or image you try to create isn't always going to attract 100% of recruits. This might be one of those scenarios.

deltadawg99
01-28-2014, 10:36 PM
I really wish we would bring in another OL for consideration. If we lose Stallings we would have lost out on him, Tyler Jones, Norman Price & Sean Rawlings (all 3 were committed at one time).

Todd4State
01-28-2014, 10:49 PM
Coleman isn't out & this isn't a new development. He spoked to the coaches about this trip a couple weeks ago & they have their blessing. Amazing what you can do when you're upfront & not trying to sneak around. Coleman is fine with MSU.

Yeah- they don't want to risk having their scholarship being pulled by a fan site "reporter".

SDDawg
01-29-2014, 12:49 AM
Bullshit thread, sorry.

MetEdDawg
01-29-2014, 07:11 AM
It's whatever you want to think. You can believe what I say or not and frankly I don't care. Some of you take things so personally during recruiting that it's sickening. I'm not one to start something like this unless I feel confident about the information. And I will continue to say this. We are dealing with 18 year old kids so his mind could change. But as of right now we don't lead. Why is that so hard to believe people? Someone likes UK over us. It happens.

solodawg
01-29-2014, 08:10 AM
Wait, you are saying MSU is starting to be considered a party school?

HaHa..LOL..man I just started laughing when I read this cause I was just thinking the same thing...We're pretty much 17'ed anyway we try to go...Damn...

maroonmania
01-29-2014, 09:39 AM
" Let's just say that some players don't want the big scene and the big party. "

Could be the first time in the history of MSU recruiting we have lost someone based on this reason.

Coach34
01-29-2014, 09:45 AM
Thanks MetEdDawg for relaying info you received.

HoopsDawg
01-29-2014, 09:51 AM
Are we this dumb? All u have to do is read interviews with his dad and him to know that his faith is important to him and he is not a partier. Do a little research and brief the player host.

maroonmania
01-29-2014, 10:06 AM
Are we this dumb? All u have to do is read interviews with his dad and him to know that his faith is important to him and he is not a partier. Do a little research and brief the player host.

Par for the course relative to our OL recruiting. Its the worst phase of our recruiting BY FAR. Amazing we do as well as we do with as many propects in that area that we miss on. Don't know that its primarily Hevesy's fault or not but, while he appears to be a pretty good coach, his recruiting skills for his position group make it tough on us to ever be really stout with our OL. We are serviceable and I'm afraid that's all we will ever be with him.

Coach34
01-29-2014, 10:29 AM
Par for the course relative to our OL recruiting. Its the worst phase of our recruiting BY FAR. Amazing we do as well as we do with as many propects in that area that we miss on. Don't know that its primarily Hevesy's fault or not but, while he appears to be a pretty good coach, his recruiting skills for his position group make it tough on us to ever be really stout with our OL. We are serviceable and I'm afraid that's all we will ever be with him.

Once again- we recruit by area, not position. The position coach is the back-up recruiter and doesnt have near the contact the primary crooter does.

Shit, Hevesy has been the guy hammering Shreveport- he pulled Dakota, got Moton interested in the beginning, and has been keeping us in it with OJ Smith now...

maroonmania
01-29-2014, 10:35 AM
Once again- we recruit by area, not position. The position coach is the back-up recruiter and doesnt have near the contact the primary crooter does.

Shit, Hevesy has been the guy hammering Shreveport- he pulled Dakota, got Moton interested in the beginning, and has been keeping us in it with OJ Smith now...

I understand that and is the reason why I said it may not totally be his fault BUT he is the OL coach and when it all comes down to it he is responsible for EVERY aspect of that position group.

Goat Holder
01-29-2014, 10:47 AM

All I know is that we better sign 5 OL in the next class. We will likely need a JUCO or two in the 2016 class, we will be a little thin on depth by that time.

I just don't want to see us f*ck up our fairly good situation on the OL of all places. That leads to 3-9.

dawgs
01-29-2014, 11:05 AM

because i've never met a college aged kid that talked about how much they loved jesus then got wasted and hooked up with randoms on the weekend...

smootness
01-29-2014, 11:08 AM
I understand that and is the reason why I said it may not totally be his fault BUT he is the OL coach and when it all comes down to it he is responsible for EVERY aspect of that position group.

So what if the OL like him but don't like their area recruiting coach? That's Hevesy's fault?

He is responsible for OL once they're on campus. He's not responsible for recruiting all of them.

Coach34
01-29-2014, 11:12 AM
Rawlings loved Hevesy btw...that came straight from the family

maroonmania
01-29-2014, 11:15 AM
Rawlings loved Hevesy btw...that came straight from the family

Yes, I heard that often and believe it. Don't blame Hevesy on that one for sure, Rawlings was a lost cause from the start unless OM refused to ever offer.

maroonmania
01-29-2014, 11:22 AM
So what if the OL like him but don't like their area recruiting coach? That's Hevesy's fault?

He is responsible for OL once they're on campus. He's not responsible for recruiting all of them.

Position coach should still be responsible for signing off on any player offered at his position and is heavily involved in the recruitment. If it makes us all feel better call it a staff problem but we are missing on a LOT of our top targets on OL, moreso than anywhere else. Heck, just in the past 2 classes we have lost out on 4 OL that were actually committed to us (Mix, Rawlings, Hand and Jones). Now none of those were full of star power but apparently they were among our top targets given their early offers.

MarketingBully01
01-29-2014, 01:24 PM
Pretty obvious you got this information from his brother. UK has some optimism based on this but they are still putting it at 50/50 they will get him. This is the Scout UK guys saying that. They are not too confident they will land him. If they bring in the other OL they are interested in this weekend, it will be extremely telling. But of course you left yourself an out by saying anything can happen between now and signing day. I still say we land him. I think UK in the end is too far away from home for him to go which is a factor.

maroonmania
01-29-2014, 01:34 PM
Pretty obvious you got this information from his brother. UK has some optimism based on this but they are still putting it at 50/50 they will get him. This is the Scout UK guys saying that. They are not too confident they will land him. If they bring in the other OL they are interested in this weekend, it will be extremely telling. But of course you left yourself an out by saying anything can happen between now and signing day. I still say we land him. I think UK in the end is too far away from home for him to go which is a factor.

Interesting point. I wonder if Stallings brother being an OM guy hurts us on this one. And given Stallings has been hoping for an OM offer all along I certainly find it a little hard to believe he is against going to a "party school".

Dawg61
01-29-2014, 01:48 PM
I really wish we would bring in another OL for consideration. If we lose Stallings we would have lost out on him, Tyler Jones, Norman Price & Sean Rawlings (all 3 were committed at one time).

Yea we will be super thin at OL if we have back to back 3 OL signee classes

MetEdDawg
01-29-2014, 01:49 PM

Of course I gave myself an out. The recruiting year isn't over and I'm sure we aren't done recruiting him yet. When I posted what I said, we didn't lead and he had silently committed to UK and he reaffirmed it in person with UK coaches yesterday. That hasn't changed. But anyone that says something is 100% about an 18 year old in recruiting before they have signed the dotted line is an idiot. And I didn't get anything from any family member. The info I got came straight from his mouth through someone I trust.

Bunchy is being allowed to do whatever he wants during this process and his family has said that from the beginning. It's his decision and no family pressure is going to influence him and I believe that because Bunchy himself has said it. But once again I will preface all of this by saying that we are talking about 18 year olds here. I very well could end up being wrong and I'll take my lumps as would anyone else who provides information that ends up not coming true.

The reason he is hoping for an OM offer is because he grew up an OM fan and his family is OM. Sound familiar to anyone? Even if you are against some things or even like another school a lot, that doesn't always stop you from going to the place you grew up loving.

You guys can believe what you want. If I end up being wrong then so be it. I'm just relaying information that came from Stalling's mouth.

MarketingBully01
01-29-2014, 01:56 PM
If he committed secretly to UK yesterday in person, why are they still trying to get an OL prospect that would take his spot in for a visit this weekend? That doesn't sound right at all...they put their prospects at getting Stallings at 50/50. If he did what you said he did, seems like they wouldn't try to get this other prospect in for a visit.

SDDawg
01-29-2014, 01:59 PM
Nothing personal but the "party school" line just doesn't resonate at all, that's where I call BS. Your information may be accurate but the perception of the person you're talking to couldn't be further from the truth and I really question their motivations.

MetEdDawg
01-29-2014, 02:00 PM
If he committed secretly to UK yesterday in person, why are they still trying to get an OL prospect that would take his spot in for a visit this weekend? That doesn't sound right at all...they put their prospects at getting Stallings at 50/50. If he did what you said he did, seems like they wouldn't try to get this other prospect in for a visit.

Two things you can never have enough of: Good OL and good DL. They have 3 OL committed. Why is it weird for them to want to take 2 on signing day? Would we not take Griffin, OJ Smith, Cory Thomas, and Trey Carter on signing day? I sure as hell would.

MarketingBully01
01-29-2014, 02:02 PM
They don't have room for both. It's obvious it's a contingency plan in case they don't get Stallings.

MetEdDawg
01-29-2014, 02:04 PM
Nothing personal but the "party school" line just doesn't resonate at all, that's where I call BS. Your information may be accurate but the perception of the person you're talking to couldn't be further from the truth and I really question their motivations.

The person I talked to relayed Bunchy's exact words to me. What is so hard to understand about players selling something that a kid isn't necessarily in tune with? Come on people. Players sell party, recruit doesn't like that, recruit thinks maybe that's not the best place for him to be. This is really easy guys. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand that. It's not like the kid is just coming up with stuff. The players are selling that to him! What is he supposed to think if players are selling party? He's not from Starkville and probably hasn't been here enough to view every inch of the city. He's going to listen to what the players tell him.

MetEdDawg
01-29-2014, 02:10 PM
I will add that if you go look at the Crystal Ball trends on 24/7, you will see that the last 3 predictions for him are to Kentucky. All 3 of those predictions were made yesterday after his visit to us and after 2 UK coaches met in person with him and all 3 of those had originally picked him to commit to us. They all changed for some reason folks.

DCdawg
01-29-2014, 02:18 PM
If it were true that he doesn't like the party scene, why does he want an OM offer? What else do they sell there?

MetEdDawg
01-29-2014, 02:20 PM
If it were true that he doesn't like the party scene, why does he want an OM offer? What else do they sell there?

He grew up an OM fan. Sometimes you disregard things you may not like in order to go to the school you grew up loving.

maroonmania
01-29-2014, 02:21 PM
What is he supposed to think if players are selling party? He's not from Starkville and probably hasn't been here enough to view every inch of the city. He's going to listen to what the players tell him.

The players are probably just following Coach34's advice since he says we are at this huge disadvantage recruiting because we aren't selling the party!

MarketingBully01
01-29-2014, 02:22 PM
Quick question but did those UK coaches visit him at Spain Park in this mess? I guess they could have come by the high school at 9 am yesterday but otherwise they would still be in Birmingham because it is a mess here big time.

MetEdDawg
01-29-2014, 02:23 PM
Quick question but did those UK coaches visit him at Spain Park in this mess? I guess they could have come by the high school at 9 am yesterday but otherwise they would still be in Birmingham because it is a mess here big time.

They are still stuck there as of the last report I got last night. Not sure if they have left as of this morning but I seriously doubt it. Hoover is a mess right now.

Goat Holder
01-29-2014, 02:38 PM
His brother played at Ole Miss. Tre Stallings.

NCDawg
01-29-2014, 02:38 PM
He grew up an OM fan. Sometimes you disregard things you may not like in order to go to the school you grew up loving.

What is Stallings star rating and why hasn't Ole Miss offered? I know Stalling's brother went to Ole Miss after we thought he was coming with us, and I guess he's a big influence.

MarketingBully01
01-29-2014, 02:48 PM
Yes, the Rebel guy and two UK 247 guys. Those are very objective crystal balls...

MetEdDawg
01-29-2014, 02:52 PM
Yes, the Rebel guy and two UK 247 guys. Those are very objective crystal balls...

Well those three objective guys originally chose us on the Crystal Ball. But I guess it's conspiracy against MSU time again.....

MetEdDawg
01-29-2014, 05:44 PM
Paul Jones now predicting Stallings to UK. Just passing that along.