PDA

View Full Version : With this icey weather

BeastMan
01-28-2014, 05:40 PM
Anyone freezing in a deer stand or ice fishing??

State82
01-28-2014, 06:39 PM
Not me. Closed out the incredibly abysmal duck season Sunday. I am, however, sipping on a freezing cold Shock Top in my warm and cozy office. BTW, saw from the post below that you were sporting a nice ride. Some people have all the luck.

Political Hack
01-28-2014, 08:13 PM
no, but I made snow angels on the trampoline with my son. that was cold.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-29-2014, 08:33 AM
I ventured down to Claiborne county yesterday morning around 0900 and that was an adventure. Hwy 61 South was iced over and part of it was shutdown. We made it just south of PG in about an hour and a half and they had a good amount of snow down there. I'd say up to 4" in some spots. We walked the camp looking for fresh tracks and we'd follow them to try and sneak up on some bedded deer. I wasn't successful, but my buddy shot a nice little 10 pt. He wasn't the biggest in the world, but still a great harvest with all the conditions.

Barking 13
01-29-2014, 10:06 AM
A buddy of mine was trying to get from Hernando to N'awlins. About 9 hours later he gave up and spent the night in McComb... as far as me, hell no.. I'm staying inside as much as I can. Back in the day, I actually went and broke ice at Columbus Lake to put the boat in.. not now...