View Full Version : Baseball America breakdown

DudyDawg
01-28-2014, 10:33 AM
http://www.baseballamerica.com/college/college-preseason-top-25-teams-6-10/

Rick Danko
01-28-2014, 10:44 AM

CJDAWG85
01-28-2014, 10:46 AM
Basically we are a good team with a sick nasty bullpen. I like it.

Tbonewannabe
01-28-2014, 10:46 AM
Very good breakdown of this year's team. They actually know about fall ball.

AlSwearengen
01-28-2014, 10:53 AM
some of their lineup predictions were interesting.

smootness
01-28-2014, 11:06 AM
Very good breakdown of this year's team. They actually know about fall ball.

Yep. And I think their score on our starting pitching will end up being a little low, if everyone stays healthy. Woodruff, Hudson, Young...I don't know if all of them will technically start, but we have plenty of arms who can throw a while.

I've heard Britton is very good defensively, but wow, they seem to love him. ++ arms and incredible range sounds good to me. This team is going to be mighty fun to watch on a daily basis.

The Croom Diaries
01-28-2014, 11:08 AM
I'm not saying they're wrong, but that's a pretty bold pick to say Gavin Collins will be our starting catcher over Walker, Garner and Randolph. For a position that lost two seniors and returns zero experience, it feels like we are totally loaded at Catcher. Hopefully it all pans out and at least 2 of the 4 have solid years.

engie
01-28-2014, 11:14 AM
No Humphreys is hard to take too seriously...

smootness
01-28-2014, 11:15 AM
I'm not saying they're wrong, but that's a pretty bold pick to say Gavin Collins will be our starting catcher over Walker, Garner and Randolph. For a position that lost two seniors and returns zero experience, it feels like we are totally loaded at Catcher. Hopefully it all pans out and at least 2 of the 4 have solid years.

I feel like it's a pretty good bet that Detz, Garner and Humphreys all see a lot of time at DH. I would think that will mainly be where Garner sits in the lineup. So that would leave Collins, Walker, and Randolph at C. And I agree, it's tough to gauge who might win the job, but there's no doubt Collins has the most to work with there...it's just a matter of how long it takes him to pick things up.

maroonmania
01-28-2014, 12:05 PM
Yep. And I think their score on our starting pitching will end up being a little low, if everyone stays healthy. Woodruff, Hudson, Young...I don't know if all of them will technically start, but we have plenty of arms who can throw a while.

I've heard Britton is very good defensively, but wow, they seem to love him. ++ arms and incredible range sounds good to me. This team is going to be mighty fun to watch on a daily basis.

I know it was 2 years ago as a true freshman but I will not buy into any Britton hype on his defense until I see it given what happened back then. He was built up all pre-season to be a defensive whiz at SS and started but once we played actual games he was an error machine that we eventually had to move to 2nd (to make the throws shorter due to accuracy issues) and then eventually to the bench.

smootness
01-28-2014, 12:20 PM
Well, to be fair to them, they didn't mention his accuracy haha. Hopefully he's worked on that because evidently the tools are all there.

War Machine Dawg
01-28-2014, 12:32 PM
No Humphreys is hard to take too seriously...

Yeah, Humphreys seems to be a lock to start at 3B. The rest of the lineup, we shall see. I'm hoping for a whole lot of Detz at DH so we don't have to put him in the field defensively.