PDA

View Full Version : Former Dawg McCall gets HS gig

BrunswickDawg
01-28-2014, 09:28 AM
Just because I think we all like to know what former players are up to
Byron McCall named head coach at Osborne HS in GA http://www.mdjonline.com/view/full_story_no/24461723/article-McCall-takes-over-Osborne-football-program

Saltydog
01-28-2014, 10:16 AM
MSU............

blacklistedbully
01-28-2014, 10:45 AM
Other coaches who influenced McCall during his career were current Auburn cornerbacks coach Melvin Smith, Florida State offensive line coach Rick Trickett and former Ole Miss defensive coordinator Joe Lee Dunn.

Among his credited mentors was "former Ole Miss DC Joe Lee Dunn". Yes, I know JLD was a DC at M for 3 years and HC for one, but given McCall was an MSU player versus the Rebs with JLD, then later coached at MSU after JLD had been brought to MSU, where JLD spent 8 years as our DC, it seems wrong to tie Ole Miss into this.

I know I'm nitt-picking, but I guess it just irks me to see so-called professionals not do their job correctly. Have the same problem with football announcers. Guys getting paid to do a job like that shouldn't be so uninformed. Clearly, if JLD was an influence on McCall it was due to his being DC at MSU when McCall was a first-time coach with us.

BrunswickDawg
01-28-2014, 10:55 AM
I know I'm nitt-picking, but I guess it just irks me to see so-called professionals not do their job correctly.

Having been a lifelong reader of the Marietta Daily Journal, just be impressed they got McCall's name and school right. They are notorious for getting facts wrong and terrible editing.

Saltydog
01-28-2014, 01:01 PM
that..........Played for the beautiful at Amory...........